• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop establishment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop establishment

Early seeded crops just coming up , look like even establishment .
    Seed going in this past 3-4 days will be iffy.
    Between dry conditions and some with high fertility rates close to seed it may be a problem
    Seen fertilizer burn before in conditions like this especially on canola , even with twin shank drills .

Can’t see canola going in now germinate without a rain.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
      Can’t see canola going in now germinate without a rain.
      We seeded canola first this yr mostly into old wheat stubble trying where our highest moisture is. But I did stick some in lentil land and it was powder in the top inch. Hoping for a quick shot of a couple tenths to get that field going. But worse comes to worse, there is still moisture down 2inches if I have to reseed it.

Comment

We’ve taken canola back in the past and will do the same this year. Have 800 acres in already that looks like 80% of the field will come up, already germinated and sending a root. Will do one more quarter today then likely switch out the last 600 acres to wheat. I’m not going deeper than 1 to 1-1/2” with my canola.

Side note, what the fudge is with Pioneer canola. 7.2 grams? Blueberries....

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Early seeded crops just coming up , look like even establishment .
          Seed going in this past 3-4 days will be iffy.
          Between dry conditions and some with high fertility rates close to seed it may be a problem
          Seen fertilizer burn before in conditions like this especially on canola , even with twin shank drills .
          Hard to see burn but lots pf delayed emergence till the moisture dilutes the salt effect enough to let the seed absorb enough to germinate.
          Dilution is the solution!

Comment

Will be a long journey for roots to get to mid row banded juice also

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
              We’ve taken canola back in the past and will do the same this year. Have 800 acres in already that looks like 80% of the field will come up, already germinated and sending a root. Will do one more quarter today then likely switch out the last 600 acres to wheat. I’m not going deeper than 1 to 1-1/2” with my canola.

Side note, what the fudge is with Pioneer canola. 7.2 grams? Blueberries....
              That’s good tho
              At least pioneer gives free seed to get you back to seed count
              Not like that *** Basf charging you for dockage per seed
              I’m done with that game
              On this 4.3 pepper that they give us costs an extra $3 pound on these stupid *** 43 lb bags
              ****en bloodthirsty greedy bastards
              Maybe we should tell elevator we are selling by the seed not weight like every other ****en thing you buy
              What a sick *** joke
              They will never get me again

Comment

I'd like to see a big seed/ small seed side by side.
                Saw one at Scott Farm with OP variety.
                No comparison. Big black seed looked much more vigorous.
                Hard to believe it was the same variety.
                If I was seeding at a low rate I would want the big seed.
                Less seeds but cover the ground sooner.
                DYOD.

Comment

well, with BASF , you have no choice

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...