• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damp and BS CHUCK

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    So how is it a self declared libertarian isn't up to discussing important issues and would rather just call the participants a troll? Is nothing sacred? LOL
    When issues like climate change are so wildly overestimated to push an agenda it’s sometimes not worth the effort to discuss with the climate cult club .

Happy Mother’s day , was -2 here again this morning.

Comment

So how is it a self declared libertarian isn't up to discussing important issues and would rather just call the participants a troll? Is nothing sacred?

Koonin "There is little doubt in the scientific community that continually growing amounts of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, due largely to carbon-dioxide emissions from the conventional use of fossil fuels, are influencing the climate. There is also little doubt that the carbon dioxide will persist in the atmosphere for several centuries."

Lets talk about the residency of CO2 A5! Koonin can straighten you out. LOL
      Yes lets talk. How about we both read the book and come back to discuss it at a later date. If I remember right, the release date is right about now.
      Remember that certainty that you keep harping about, and I keep belittling you about? Well that is where you and Koonin disagree. You are parroting a sense of certainty ( and therefore urgency) that the actual scientists and scientific papers, and scientific organizations clearly say does not exist. That is the central premise of his book.

We might both learn a lot from reading it.

Comment

Naw, I don't read books, articles, scientific papers, and cut and paste. I am like SF, I rely on the coffee shop for ideas! Real farmers don't read books! They don't need too. They are knowledgeable on every subject, including human caused global climate change. Just look out the window. The earth is flat! LOL

Comment

Naw, I don't read books, articles, scientific papers, and cut and paste. I am like SF, I rely on the coffee shop for ideas! Real farmers don't read books! They don't need too. They are knowledgeable on every subject, including human caused global climate change. Just look out the window. The earth is flat! LOL
          Minus 5 here again Chuck.
          You told me a cold April was good.
          What about a cold May???

Comment

Yes, that is a very astute observation. I've noticed that without reading or an education, farmers are also experts on Viruses, Vaccines, US politics, Container Ships and Canals, Pipelines, Electric Cars, Racism etc etc.
            Really quite amazing how much knowledge and expertise can be gained simply by osmosis by farmers.

Personally, I will stick with reading books and papers, and talking with scientists and experts.

I'm a little busy right now, so how about we agree to come back in July after we have both had time to read the book, then we can have in informed intellectual debate about how we interpret it?

Comment

Hey chuck I read from 4:30 am till 5:30 every morning in winter I’m a hour later then I trad on the internet for a hour over breakfast. I’m educated plus? So don’t put me in your cut and paste boat. Coffee shop never sat in one.

Comment

Also chuck I work from 6:30 till usually 8:30z

So **** off.

Just go away already your sick and need help.

Comment

SF I guess your "cut and paste" from Koonin's book is okay, but mine are all junk science? NOAA, NASA, Environment Canada are all known to be junk science organizations. Correct?

Maybe cutting and pasting from Koonin's book wasn't such a good idea after all?

Because it pulled the rug out from under A5 when it comes to the life of CO2 in the atmosphere. And Koonin publically acknowledges that humans are causing climate change from fossil fuel emissions, leaving you little room for you or anyone else to argue otherwise.

You forgot to read the entire text and some of his interviews before pasting! Oops. As Don Cherry would say "ya gotta stop leaving the puck in front the net like some hapless frenchy"

Comment

Life isn’t about research and the evolution of scientific theories.

Life is all about anecdotal evidence.

Comment

So if you have found life of C02 in our atmosphere is at least a couple of centuries?
                      That's on the low end of the charts you have been posting but is a start.
                      So with that data accepted when will the glaciers stop melting and what will the money we send for carbon tax do to improve that.
                      2030?
                      2050?
                      2230?
                      Or maybe the year 3050?

What is the solution to melting glaciers?
                      If you can't stop the glaciers from melting when do we all go under water?
                      Last edited by shtferbrains; May 9, 2021, 11:01.

Comment

Real farmers know that our growing season has been shorter the past 4 years and GDD are lower not the exact opposite that so called experts are claiming

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                          Life isn’t about research and the evolution of scientific theories.

Life is all about anecdotal evidence.
                          Anecdotal evidence and experience has value. But it would be very hard to argue that agriculture or humanity would have progressed to the level we are at in 2021 without scientific evidence and decisions based on just anecdotal evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Real farmers know that our growing season has been shorter the past 4 years and GDD are lower not the exact opposite that so called experts are claiming
                            That's simply not true all across the prairies. Can you speak for all the farmers in three prairie provinces north to south east to west?

Climate is measured in decades not a few years. Variabilty is still the norm. Winter, cold weather and frost are not going to disappear anytime soon in our continental climate north of the 49th.
                            Last edited by chuckChuck; May 9, 2021, 11:41.

Comment

Chuck yea I did cut and paste just like you to prove a point it’s bot a discussion. Read and use your little brain to come up with your own ideas.

Sask is getting cooler not warmer chuck cold spring here but farmers know nothing but paid for scientists sitting on Ottawa can tell the sheep it’s getting warmer.

Leave already we’re all sick of you.

Just do us all a favour and leave Glen.

Comment

Just an observation
                                Sheep wheat started that thread about books. The majority of posters jumped in along with myself about some of the books we have read. I love reading and really like a discussion about reading.
                                None of our left leaning comrades made any comment! Strange I thought but then maybe they all read Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto. I haven’t read it but maybe somewhere in there it instructs “Don’t Read Any More Books”

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...