• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new U.S. Climate Normals are here. What do they tell us about climate change?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new U.S. Climate Normals are here. What do they tell us about climate change?

https://www.noaa.gov/news/new-us-climate-normals-are-here-what-do-they-tell-us-about-climate-change https://www.noaa.gov/news/new-us-climate-normals-are-here-what-do-they-tell-us-about-climate-change

A warmer normal

The U.S. Climate Normals collection has 10 versions: 1901-1930, 1911-1940 and so on through 1991-2020. In the image below, we’ve compared the U.S. annual average temperature during each Normals period to the 20th-century average (1901-2000). The influence of long-term global warming is obvious: The earliest map in the series has the most widespread and darkest blues, and the most recent map has the most widespread and darkest reds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	30yrNormal_Temp_1901-2000_2480.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	779624

Annual U.S. temperature compared to the 20th-century average for each U.S. Climate Normals period from 1901-1930 (upper left) to 1991-2020 (lower right). Places where the normal annual temperature was 1.25 degrees or more colder than the 20th-century average are darkest blue; places where normal annual temperature was 1.25 degrees or more warmer than the 20th-century average are darkest red. Maps by NOAA Climate.gov, based on analysis by Jared Rennie, North Carolina Institute for Climate Studies/NCEI. (NOAA Climate.gov)
    Last edited by chuckChuck; May 8, 2021, 07:02.

Post your little heart out chuck. Oil is going to$100+ a bbl. Wind and solar will never power anything and the world will need to go nuclear to satisfy the unhinged physics denying climate cult.

You will still be posting the same BS in 10 yrs.

Comment

Alt-Ctrl-Del

Comment

The climate cult has some hard lessons in front of them.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/08/colonial-pipeline-shuts-pipeline-operations-after-cyberattack.html

Comment

I think the world will find a comfortable balance with electric car use mostly in warmer climate cities closer to the equator, all of the high horse power jobs will still be fossil unless there's a huge, huge jump in battery technology, the weight of the batteries eventually stalls efficiency.
          Wind and solar will tag along powering electric tooth brushes.
          Jazz you're right, oil is going to get pricey and Cameco will do well.

Comment

What all this talk of Climate Change has taught me, especially in the last 5 years, is that I need to pack my winter coveralls and touque around all spring and fall. As well as 1/2 the summer days. Not lying.

Comment

Say there Chuck, I see report China produces 27% of carbon emissions,more than all the developed countries combined!
              They are running 1058 huge coal plants and adding more all the time.
              We sequester 30 to 40% more carbon than we produce just with our massive forests. Not counting all our wetlands grasslands etc.
              We have one half of one percent of the world population and near 10% of the worlds trees.
              Use your own brain to figure out where this is going to go.
              Chicom have won that one and we keep shooting ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                Say there Chuck, I see report China produces 27% of carbon emissions,more than all the developed countries combined!
                They are running 1058 huge coal plants and adding more all the time.
                We sequester 30 to 40% more carbon than we produce just with our massive forests. Not counting all our wetlands grasslands etc.
                We have one half of one percent of the world population and near 10% of the worlds trees.
                Use your own brain to figure out where this is going to go.
                Chicom have won that one and we keep shooting ourselves.
                Use your own brain to figure out where this is going to go.(and therein, lies the problem)

Comment

Ya let’s all put all our chips down on science telling us about global warming. 30 years ago when I was in grade school I was told in science that we will have another ice age. Now they are telling us we are going to burn up. Great science. I wonder what the story will be in another 30 years. I bet it will be another headline story that will be aimed at extracting more dollars from the public. Keeps the tax dollars going and that’s about it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.