• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fertilizer banding

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fertilizer banding

Anyone tried all fert first pass and only seed on a second, heard of it done but any comments?

It should work well. All fertilizer in one band creates a hot zone that keeps phosphate more available to the plant for longer. If you have RTK and can band fertilizer then next pass place your seed in close proximity would be better yet.

We haven't used seed placed fertilizer for years now using either SeedHawk or Seedmaster. We actually think we have better emergence without salts from seed row fertilizer close to the seed. (Ortho phos like Alpine a different story).

Comment

When I was seeding with a airseeder and shovels, would band all my fertilizer in the fall. I was not setup for double shooting and too small of air tank to do everything at once. This worked better for me being a one man operation. I was happy with the results and no fertilizer burn.

Comment

Based on a 400 ac experiment here a couple years ago, I would want some phos nearby.

Comment

Thought this was relevant given conditions lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.