• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mushroom Madness

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushroom Madness

Has anyone else noticed the absolute explosion of mushrooms this year? I've seen a lot more of them and a number of different kinds of them as well. I suppose with the drought, the conditions weren't right for them to sprout (or whatever you call what it is they do) but with all of this wet, many are they growing.

I'm leaving a few of them just to see how big they will get. I also saw one of the biggest "puff balls" I've seen out in the pasture.

I just read that the Province is wanting to have a Official Mushroom, they sure would have lots to choose from on my lawn !! I have never seen so many varities. It has been a very different type of year so you are likely right, they just haven't had the moisture until this year and now they are going CRAZY !!!

Comment

I wonder if it has more to do with the cool spring and summer? We always have ample moisture here in NW Ontario and I wonder if the temperature has more to do with it as I have never seen mushrooms come like this either!

And yes, the 'puffballs' are exceptional in size. I have seen many that are a little bigger then a softball!

Comment

We not only have mushrooms but we are inundated with aphids as well. The air is black with them even wherever there are ornamental trees it seems. There are so many little birds in the trees eating berries that I hate to spray but the darn things sure make working outside unpleasant.
        I guess when the first frost arrives the aphids problem will solve itself.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...