• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea Inoculants?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea Inoculants?

I grow yellow field peas but only in a limited amount, enough to get some pea straw bales for my cows and to have a legume in rotation. Pea inoculant choice was never much of an issue until I got my latest air cart which is a New Holland with sectional control. I had in the past for the most part used modulator XL granular. Apparently this clay based granular builds up and plugs the rollers on this type of air cart. So the first year I switched to Cell-tech from NexusBioAg, I didn’t like it much, I found it was to fine. So the next year, took a chance and went back to nodulator, used the canola cage as recommended by Basf rep. and it worked fine. This year did the same thing and it did not work, plugged up the rollers and the cage, would not work. So just wondering what everybody uses for pea inoculant?

Peat, mix with a few gallons of water and slowly stream it (poor it ) onto the peas as they come ou5 of the bin. Saves the peas from splitting going up the auger..

Comment

Agtiv

Comment

BioAgronics. Cheapest around by far. You need to mix it with another product they have called stim-gro. I do not put any other chemical seed treatments on my seed either and my crops yield as good as any in the area. Other companies tell you to order in the fall to ensure supply. The rep for Bioorganics says the can make this in short order. I got mine within a week ordered at end of April

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...