• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plant 21

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scientists and experts who claim the growing seasons are getting longer due to climate change ...... yup can’t question the experts .. they know way better than the knuckle dragging farmer .. LOL
    Hard to believe anything any of them there scientist type smarty guys say when we are entering the possible 4th year in a row of shorter growing seasons , less frost free days and low GDD .
    But one must not be sceptical of authority, or the chucks of the world with label you with all kinds of slander, Neanderthal, knuckle dragger , flat earther, climate deniers..... blah blah blah , just for questioning the status quo ....
    well reality here says longer growing seasons are complete b/s , as proven the past 3 years and very likely this year .
    Should give one the right to be skeptical given the fact that we live here and have to try to making a living in this cold climate....

Comment

I agree 110% our season isn't getting longer and warmer it's getting shorter and colder. Saturday was awesome then Sunday came the wind turned to the north and it got cold. parka on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
        Here in the Arctic circle I Just checked 14d forecast. Says freezing temps for May 17. We continue to be gun shy. Standing down. Maybe start May 8 or 10th.
        Sad thing is they can’t even predict 12 hours out let alone 14 d
        Was supposed to be -4 this morning as of last night ...... was -10 here in the real world at 5:30 ...
        Being gun shy not a bad plan 👍.
        The trick now in many areas will be the balance between too cold and too dry ..
        ahhh farming is so easy with these longer growing seasons and all 🥴

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Cold snap coming mid-may for a few days all early canola will get burnt off so it's just wheat peas and barley for us then we will sit.
          Where did you see cold snap mid may? Forecast says 2 weeks of pretty warm.

I want the canola in a tad earlier this yr.

Comment

How deep does one seed canola? Just asking because there is zero moisture in the top 2 inches.

Comment

Experts , agronomists and scientists perceived optimal seeding window ...

Actual optimal seeding window in shorter growing seasons and semi arid climate ...

Reality far apart from the fictional b/S being pushed and blamed on carbon

Same thing goes for herbicide windows
              Last edited by furrowtickler; May 3, 2021, 07:59.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                How deep does one seed canola? Just asking because there is zero moisture in the top 2 inches.
                The rule for canola never changes. Put her in shallow and start praying to the rain gods.

Seed er into 2 inch moisture, lots will partially germinate and die in the dust or take 10d longer to get out of the ground.

Thats how the harvest from hell started here in 2019.

Comment

sure got lucky here (sorry seldom) i think about 8 tenths total on top that foot of wet snow a couple weeks ago things sure look better although there is not a drop of water anywhere even in ditch bottoms

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    Burying it is called a funeral.
                    I know, not much help and I feel your pain. But it will really struggle from 2". Low emergence likely. Perhaps condition specific but that's my 2 cents.
                    Seed in dust, wait for rain. It's early yet. Collect insurance after.

Comment

Peas done. Possibly for rest of my career lol.
                      CPS next.

Comment

All granular fertilizer broadcasted on the grasses then got a good rain to wash it down.

Sure glad Enviroment Canada was right with their forecast for yesterdays rain.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                          All granular fertilizer broadcasted on the grasses then got a good rain to wash it down.

Sure glad Enviroment Canada was right with their forecast for yesterdays rain.
                          How much did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            How much did you get?
                            7/10ths

Comment

And the Good Lord took a likin to you👍

Comment

-9 this morning, not getting really excited about starting to pound barley in the ground.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...