• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today is Thursday and now the Real Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is Thursday and now the Real Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

It's such a cold start to the morning it's not even funny. Bone-chilling cold from the north coming down. I doubt any meaningful moisture will happen but eyes are crossed as I cross over from a guy who hated rain to one who wants his rain back. I'm sorry for cursing the mud and rain and more rain. I really am sorry.

I have made my peace with the Rain and welcome it back.

Now our area had the snowstorm a week ago that gave us a total of 2/10 of rain so far this growing season. It was welcomed but really a lot blew into fence lines ditches and bushes but we did have about 6 in in the stubble.

Most farmers are winding up Seed cleaning and lots have ordered new varieties as we have for the 2021 growing season. We usually take new wheat Varieties and run with it, I have had lots of duds till AAC Brandon but putting all my faith in AAC Starbuck for 2021. We have 320 acres coming plus our own AAC Alida that we purchased last year and followed up with still some AAC Brandon.

The barley we are retiring Copland for good and switching all acres to AAC Connect with a Contract and if it doesn't make malt its Feed at a locked in price. So we're rolling the dice.

On the Canola front, we have a combination but they are all Liberty varieties as the RR are a ****ing weed. Our Pioneer 505 and 506 usually hit top yield with these followed by Invigor L352 L345 with a few older also then finally Dekalb.

The last of the blends in Fertilizer has arrived plus chemicals and seed treatments etc.

Rents are locked in and up on a couple of sections but when land is in tight you pay and move on. Looking still for a Section to get my two young sons into the game. But that isn't easy in our area.

One guy started seeding yesterday but he is an Alberta Transplant. AT home they are seeding so may as well here. Cold snap going to happen the week of the 10th so hold on skippy there is lots of time. The ground was still cold yesterday every place I shoved the probe. From a strip of SMF around the yard to thick barley stubble and even worked stubble. Canola was worse yet so were probably waiting till Monday. Never start on a Friday even if your ready. Just an old rule at our place.

Land clean-up is happening with discing low areas and breaking and stone picking.

South of the valley, I expect guys will be going today. Big guy at Indian head was going since last week.

Prices were so great then last night hit and for no reason other than its end of the month end of contracts, the price dropped like a stone. No moisture in sight for the USA, crop ratings were down on what was growing, and in Canada, the trade wanted 23 mil plus acres canola and they got 21.5, not a jump they wanted. Buyers left as they believe more will be added. Yea no one changes seeding plans May 1 in a big way maybe a section here or there but not thousands of acres.

The ground has enough moisture in our area to get the crop started but the layer below the root zone is out of gas. So a good three-day slow soaker would help out a lot and that doesn't look like its in the cards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D871352E-D08F-4D14-B2DB-59BD42FE9F7F.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	779620

The above shows what western Canadian farmers have done for the Environment yet our useless ****ing fool in Ottawa says were bad and we need to do more mean while the East has done **** all yet were the bad ones it's a ****ing joke.

Sort of like the Minister of Environment the slimy shit who came from Sask NDP his wife holds a large amount of Enbridge Shares but he hates oil and gas. Liberals do as I say not as I do.

This mindless fool is pushing this whole Carbon thing and he is the evil that won't let Saskatchewan farmers get what's rightly theirs. We have done our part maybe it's time the ****ing East did theirs instead of us paying for their ****ups.

Oh on the Sask side it makes me sick every night when Crying Ryan comes on TV and is Pushing Moe to Go bug the Drs and Nurses and dying patients with a news crew to see the ICU units. Come on Crying Ryan this is all about politics and you trying to gain in the polls. Your a sick little man.

MAybe crying Ryan should go visit his voters in the hood and do a sleepover for a week or two. Sick NDP and Unions I thought they all left but no the opportunists are still hurting Sask.

Ah, that feels better, I need a fishing boat to go north this summer as the pontoon will not float at the lake as it is so low we can't get it off the trailer. Yea that's how dry and no runoff this spring up north.

Be safe have a fun spring seeding and remember Plant in Dust the Bins will bust. ( Except 1988 and 1961 and 1930 for all the CLimate fools we have dry spells this isn't climate change).
    Last edited by SASKFARMER; Apr 29, 2021, 05:53.

Ready to roll on peas and wheat.

Ground yesterday at 3

Ground in gravel pit is froze solid at 2 ft down. Digging the spring area a little deeper. This water we use on our garden.

Our pit for spraying is now full. The last Snow did the trick.

Comment

My days are all mixed up ... everyday seems the same. Today I know is Wed because I’m taking my 5th wheel trailer to the dealer to get some warranty work done, and I planned on starting to seed Thursday which I believe comes after Wed.

So why the report this morning?
      Guess you had lots to get off your shoulders. 😂😂

Comment

SF time to rename rename your regular report "Friday Bullshit Rant on Thursday"

Your rambling, incoherent, hyper partisan rants make for a good laugh though!

Comment

Is anyone thinking of spraying? I mean there isnt a blade of anything growing yet. Been minus 7 to 10 at night for a week already.

Thinking of just throwing er in this yr and deal with the weeds later especially in canola.

Comment

I missed the memo. I thought this was Wedneday.

Comment

Mid afternoon after two nights of minus 10 and the sprayers (not mine) were rolling around here...maybe for a residual chemical but the roundup had nothing to kill.

Keep up the good reports saskfamer ...always enjoy the read ...its not cut and paste...your own words are more interesting.

Comment

Hey, Chuck if farmers would have listened to me on the crop report last year they would be swimming in money. I was the only one in Western Canada that said hot and dry and no moisture will not create a huge canola crop or wheat in Western Canada. What have you provided but cut and paste bullshit?

F U C K O F F C H U C K!

Yes, I got my days mixed up because we're on the Covid one day is the same as the next cycle for well over a year.

The crop report is early because I'm busy tomorrow.

Comment

Fun with numbers and Days. Yea this Alzheimers is getting worse. Or is it just Covid or Groundhog day over and over and over.

Yes one guy was spraying yesterday for the life of me nothing is growing and you're just putting hours on a sprayer but for some, we just got to go.

So go.

Comment

Here let me appease any liberal attitude with the liberal snickers bar equivalent.....

" From the beginning " " every step of the way" " we have been there for Canadians"

Repeat that to every question ever asked with zero substance between the phrases.

My wife and I were going to start a drinking game on those phrases but realize we would be in AA within a week.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      Is anyone thinking of spraying? I mean there isnt a blade of anything growing yet. Been minus 7 to 10 at night for a week already.

Thinking of just throwing er in this yr and deal with the weeds later especially in canola.
                      We have had to do that the last three springs
                      With this global cooling and all

Comment

I wish he would just leave and join a Liberal?NDP Chat forum. Oh he was on one I was watching Chuck and another Idiot I grew up with argue it was hilarious.

We have lost more farmers because of Chuck than anything ever posted here. Its about farming not LA LA LA Dream world Chuck lives in.

Comment

Our sprayer doesn't fire up till the Early seeded crop is just about poking out or wheat is on the first leaf still curled and I will spray round up because other stuff is growing then. Today nothing is really growing so park the sprayer and enjoy the day.

Have a snickers bar I hear they work.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            SF time to rename rename your regular report "Friday Bullshit Rant on Thursday"

Your rambling, incoherent, hyper partisan rants make for a good laugh though!
                            Now that is funny
                            Coming from you
                            The guy that beats a dead horse all day long

Comment

He doesn't get it Case Even his neighbors think he is one screwball but here he is cutting and pasting useless liberals?NDP shit.

Oh, look at the new Liberal Internet law. Chuck should love this it will stop postings of anti-Liberal ideas.

NDP and Liberals support it.

ALL OTHER parties say WTF is going on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.