• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats Canada big day Tomorrow Seeding intentions for 2021.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats Canada big day Tomorrow Seeding intentions for 2021.

Well, Stats Canada is always a depressing thing in Canada it's a survey they did with farmers months back and really is an old snap shot of what's going on. I would love them to buy a new Apple Computer get a program that takes farmers' answers and in seconds gives us results the old Abyicus is getting old throw it out and start again. Yes, peoplekind will lose their jobs but at least we would have info available now not months old.

Here is my guess for crops and acreage in 2021.

Canola 22 mil acres - crop insurance is good in the dry year but it has to establish or actually start growing before it dies.

Spring wheat 16 mil it is dropping like a stone. I am betting on better wheat prices so increasing this crop going against the grain.

Durum 6 mil acres just because the south can grow.

Barley is up to 9.5 mil due to the hot feed market and china paying feed prices for malt that buyers cant figure out. Or they have and it's just another game to be played at farmers' expense.

Oats will be lower at 3.9 mil as oats milk and chewy bars are the rage but the price for oats needs to pick up.

Peas at 4 mil due to high prices but again the 8-year rule for the disease we could have 8 mil acres and still produce not much. Pulse growers, it's not about the marketing or value-added it's about a disease that's killing this crop. Yes, it's bad.

Lentils at 4.5 just because they like dry and it's dry.

Flax at 1 mil due to last year's price.

Ok now what are others guessing and why.

For our farm it's easy

Wheat 4000

Barley 600

Peas 600

Canola 4800

The flax number will be lower....canola at 15 new crop makes for better cash flow than flax at 16 with who the phuck knows when they will take it.

Here is some help ...if you have never grown flax....don't if you are using last years prices ...you will be disappointed with yield and/or price in a drought. Its isn't an elastic market like canola.

Comment

Well we had 9 wheat at one time like everything this winter first it was deliver canola price best ever then it was deliver wheat get rid of it now today 9 wheat is out their. Ah go against the crowd works.

Comment

Well well well Stats Canada is close to my prediction.

Canola me 22 stats can 21.5
        Wheat 16 stats can 16.3
        Durum 6. stat 5.7
        Barley 9.5. stat 8.6
        Oats 3.9 stat 3.6
        Peas 4 stat 3.8
        Lentils 4.5. stat 4.2
        Flax 1 stat 982.

Ill stick with my prediction.

Comment

Stats Canada is low on Canola and that will help the market as we need 24 mil acres to get this thing slowed down.

Comment

Friends don't let friends grow flax!!!!!!!!

Comment

Seems Statscan number for canola was at the low end of trade projections.
              Chart I saw had trade projection 21.5 - 23.2 StatsCan = 21.53

Comment

Sitting in line at elevator long line of wheelbarrows as guys are cleaning bins out very well.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Bucket are you growing more flax this year? Just asking for a friend! Lol! Seriously I will be growing my usual number of acres to stay with my rotation. I don’t like the marketing of flax when there is only 2 or 3 windows during a year to move it. I have also held flax over to a future year because of poor prices. I have made out very well by doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    That’s what I told the parts man at redhead when we Ripped the concave hangers out of a red one
                    Last edited by Guest; Apr 27, 2021, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      That’s what I told the parts man at redhead when we Ripped the concave hangers out of a ref one
                      I know flax straw can be a real SOB if the straw is green or on the tough side. Can’t combine it on cool damp days like canola. I have combined flax on 2 occasions in spring. Never damaged anything. Lucky!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...