Test Antarctic Ice Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Antarctic Ice

Test
Apr 29, 2021 | 08:50 31
Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
David Schindler was well aware of the decline of glaciers in the rockies and the resulting impacts on fresh water. Rates of ice loss vary in different parts of the world. Antartica for example has a much slower loss occurring than parts of the arctic that were explained in the article I posted.
That is some very creative Orwellian double speak there.

So now ice gain in Antarctica ( As per NASA), is much slower loss.

Where did you study math?

How is your diet going?

Great, although I lost a lot less weight this month than last, Last month I lost 3 lbs, but I only lost negative 5 lbs this month.

You didn't address my concerns about unsustainable water usage from glacier fed rivers. What will they do for water if the glaciers stop melting, start growing, or disappear? Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2021 | 07:08 32 A5, rabid deniers such as yourself shouldn't be lecturing about lack of scientific understanding! The "we are going to run out of CO2 idea" doesn't play well in public or amongst scientists. LOL

You can cling to slower ice loss in the antarctic to try to make your case that human caused climate change isn't happening, but nobody takes you seriously. Just another fringe conspiracy theorist. Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2021 | 07:52 33 Everytime you put food in your mouth, gas in your car, turn on any appliance, drink a can of Coke, you can get on your knees and thank the good lord for CO2. You dingbats can thank the other side for depleting it. 👎 Reply With Quote
jazz's Avatar Apr 30, 2021 | 07:59 34 Its always best to put up one of these climate posts every few days to trap trolls like chuck.

He will literally spend weeks trying to find peer reviewed articles to support his delusion. Reply With Quote
Apr 30, 2021 | 08:34 35
Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post

You can cling to slower ice loss in the antarctic
I don't cling to that, since according to NASA, it isn't true.

NASA claims it is gaining ice.

Do you understand the differenc between slower loss, and gain?

I used short simple sentences to help you out. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Apr 30, 2021 | 13:40 36
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    A5, rabid deniers such as yourself shouldn't be lecturing about lack of scientific understanding! The "we are going to run out of CO2 idea" doesn't play well in public or amongst scientists. LOL

    You can cling to slower ice loss in the antarctic to try to make your case that human caused climate change isn't happening, but nobody takes you seriously. Just another fringe conspiracy theorist.
    So when we slow C02 rise when do the glaciers stop melting?
    Do the zelots expect that to happen at the new 2030 targets or the 2050 target?
    Or do we have to wait for the C02 levels to drop in about 1000+ years as all those hockey stick charts you like to post show has supposedly happened in the past when levels wern't as high as you are predicting?
    1000 yrs ago Mayan civilization was at it's peak.
    Wonder is they will be obsessing over C02 1000 yrs from now? Reply With Quote
    Apr 30, 2021 | 22:18 37 arseholes are making money like gore and suzuki ,
    nothing more , nothing less
    and wingnuts do there bidding for free Reply With Quote
    Apr 30, 2021 | 22:29 38 Just a thought... water expands about 9% when frozen. About 90% of an iceberg or ice shelf should be under water. Wouldn't that leave net zero rise in water if all the polar ice melted? Just asking. Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar Apr 30, 2021 | 22:30 39 "NASA claims it is gaining ice.

    Do you understand the difference between slower loss, and gain?

    I used short simple sentences to help you out. "
    Better BOLD that, slow people can't absorb facts?

    And again CC...

    Name:  A Finger.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  37.4 KB

    And all Climate Lies/BS/agenda as much as you TruAnons wish, it's NOT happening! Reply With Quote
    May 1, 2021 | 06:31 40 A different perspective ...
    youtu.be/ViY2J3LPgN4 Reply With Quote
    May 1, 2021 | 06:44 41
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    Just a thought... water expands about 9% when frozen. About 90% of an iceberg or ice shelf should be under water. Wouldn't that leave net zero rise in water if all the polar ice melted? Just asking.
    Much of the glaciation is not icebergs, but rather on top land masses or in the form of ice shelves above the water in which case 100% of that ice adds to sea level.

    But an even bigger factor than the addition to melt water is thermal expansion of the oceans. Any temperature rise results in expansion of water and given the amount of water covering our planet it does not take much of a temperature rise to result in rising sea levels. Reply With Quote
    May 1, 2021 | 06:46 42 Contrary to what our resident denialists 'believe" NASA clearly says that the antarctic is losing ice mass.

    I am sure some of the denailist could stand at the foot of the glaciers in the Columbia ice fields, with their well marked signs for their decades of shrinking, and still try to tell us that climate change is not happening! LOL


    https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/31158

    Antarctic Ice Mass Loss 2002-2020
    Released on March 21, 2021

    The mass of the Antarctic ice sheet has changed over the last decades. Research based on observations from the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) satellites (2002-2017) and GRACE Follow-On (since 2018 - ) indicates that between 2002 and 2020, Antarctica shed approximately 150 gigatons of ice per year, causing global sea level to rise by 0.4 millimeters per year. These images, created from GRACE and GRACE-FO data, show changes in Antarctic ice mass since 2002. Orange and red shades indicate areas that lost ice mass, while light blue shades indicate areas that gained ice mass. White indicates areas where there has been very little or no change in ice mass since 2002. Areas in East Antarctica experienced modest amounts of mass gain due to increased snow accumulation. However, this gain is more than offset by significant ice mass loss on the West Antarctic Ice Sheet (dark red) over the 19-year period. Floating ice shelves whose mass change GRACE & GRACE-FO do not measure are colored gray. The average flow lines (grey; created from satellite radar interferometry) of Antarctica’s ice converge into the locations of prominent outlet glaciers, and coincide with areas of highest mass loss (i.e., Pine Island and Thwaites glaciers in West-Antarctica). This supports other observations that warming ocean waters around Antarctica play a key role in contemporary ice mass loss. Reply With Quote
    May 1, 2021 | 06:55 43 .4 mm per year - Staples has card stock paper that thick. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • May 1, 2021 | 06:58 44 climate emergency ??
    //youtu.be/jIMpjh_7-bw Reply With Quote
    May 1, 2021 | 08:06 45
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Its always best to put up one of these climate posts every few days to trap trolls like chuck.

    He will literally spend weeks trying to find peer reviewed articles to support his delusion.
    Yes, well done Jazz.
    This kept Chuck busy for an entire 10 days ( so far) trying to contradict NASA's studies indicating both sea ice gain, and ice sheet gain in Antarctica.

    From NASA's own website:
    The good news is that Antarctica is not currently contributing to sea level rise, but is taking 0.23 millimeters per year away
    thickening the ice in East Antarctica and the interior of West Antarctica by an average of 0.7 inches (1.7 centimeters) per year. This small thickening, sustained over thousands of years and spread over the vast expanse of these sectors of Antarctica, corresponds to a very large gain of ice
    The research challenges the conclusions of other studies, including the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) 2013 report, which says that Antarctica is overall losing land ice.
    Better stick with claiming that there is consensus and that the science is settled. Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 07:44 46 Ice loss mass in the antarctic is variable depending on location with some areas showing no losses and some areas gains. If you watch the video in the link below it graphically shows where ice loss is occurring.

    Scientist say parts of the Antarctica have been much less affected by warming than other regions due to several factors.

    "Areas in East Antarctica experienced modest amounts of mass gain due to increased snow accumulation. However, this gain is more than offset by significant ice mass loss on the West Antarctic Ice Sheet (dark red) over the 19-year period."

    Antarctic Ice Mass Loss 2002-2020
    Released on March 21, 2021

    https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/31158

    Denialists try to use the antarctic as a poster child for claiming climate change is not happening. A5 posts conflicting information, without providing context and explanation or references.

    But when more clear cut rapid and well documented ice loss is occurring in the arctic and in mountain glaciers, the denialists will ignore it or just say the climate has always changed, ignoring mountains of physical evidence. Its all a conspiracy, no doubt!

    Climate scientists know that climate change is occurring more rapidly in some regions of the world than in others. So suggesting that antarctic is representative of global climate change "not happening" is ridiculous.

    Since A5 is so certain human caused climate change is not occurring and he has the "evidence" to prove it. You would think if A5 has the evidence, so would all the climate scientists, who spend their careers studying climate, would have the evidence as well?

    But when A5 has been asked to name one scientific organization that says human caused climate change is not happening, all we hear is crickets!

    We know why A5 doesn't answer the question!

    A5 will quickly change the subject in his next post and bring up some other denialist distraction.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; May 2, 2021 at 09:58.
    Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 07:51 47 So if higher CO2 causes them to melt when will they stop melting? Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 08:00 48 Name:  glacier_loss_athabasca.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  62.0 KB

    You would think that if climate change is not occurring or that the rockies are cooling then the 1992 sign would be in ice? Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 08:03 49 By current measurements, the Athabasca Glacier is retreating up to 16.4 ft (5 m) per year. At its most recent advancement nearly 175 years ago, the glacier covered the entire area where the Icefield Centre parking lot is today, shown in the photo. (Compare the current appearance of the glacier in this photo with the 1844 photo on the informational sign.) According to notes from the CBC documentary “Geologic Journey,” geologists predict that at its current rate of retreat, the glacier will become an alpine meadow in one hundred years. Athabasca Glacier is just one of 2,500 glaciers in British Columbia and Alberta (most are in retreat). Note that there are an estimated 200,000 glaciers across the globe.

    Name:  6a01116860210d970c022ad3a3ef36200b-400wi.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  17.7 KB

    https://epod.usra.edu/blog/2018/08/t...g-glacier.html Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 08:07 50
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Climate scientists know that climate change is occurring more rapidly in some regions of the world than in others. So suggesting that antarctic is representative of global climate change "not happening" is ridiculous.

    Since A5 is so certain human caused climate change is not occurring and he has the "evidence" to prove it. You would think if A5 has the evidence, so would all the climate scientists, who spend their careers studying climate, would have the evidence as well?

    But when A5 has been asked to name one scientific organization that says human caused climate change is not happening, all we hear is crickets!
    No one says climate change isn't happening. Nor that humans are a part of it. Myself included. We have been through this dozens of times.
    Enough with the futile strawman argument.

    But within your own go to scientific organization, NASA, there is no consensus if Antarctric is gaining or losing mass. With the most definitive recent data from NASA indicating it is gaining mass, not getting warmer, and gaining sea ice. Yet you continue to repeat the lie that it is losing mass, contradicting the best climate scientists at NASA. You know, the ones who spend their careers studying climate, and showing us the evidence.

    The reason why this is important is that all of the scary catastrophic scenarios you trot out, are based on Antarctic ice melting. And ALL of the models have it warming and melting at very high levels.
    Since it is doing the opposite, and since 90% of the worlds ice is located there, all of the models are clearly wrong.
    That means all of the scary future scenarios are even more wrong.
    That means sea level rise is overestimated by an order of magnitude.
    That means that there science is clearly not settled, nor is there consensus, nor is the debate over.

    Perhaps instead of digging yourself ever deeper into a hole, you should call in the boss to take over. dml did come along to attempt some damage control after the disaster you created in the last climate change thread where you got in way over your head.

    Or maybe you should leave climate science to the scientists, instead of contradicting them, spreading misinformation and fake news, and making their jobs even more difficult. Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 08:08 51 Name:  models-observed-human-natural.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  18.4 KB

    Human caused warming relative to natural warming. Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 08:16 52 And speaking of distractions to avoid answering the questions.
    Since when is the Athabasca glacier a proxy for Antacrtica? Different continent, different hemisphere, different altitude. No one is discussing Canadian glaciers, you brought this up to distract from the fact that you were wrong about Antarctica.
    But since you brought it up,

    Can you tell us when it started melting?

    Can you tell us how big it was back during the much warmer Holocene optimum?

    How much did it advance during the little ice age?

    What is the correct size for the Athabasca glacier?

    And where did you find a photograph from 1844? Reply With Quote
    jazz's Avatar May 2, 2021 | 08:29 53 Troll trapping thread.

    Everyone else is seeding and chuck is still looking for articles. Reply With Quote

  • May 2, 2021 | 08:30 54 "Or maybe you should leave climate science to the scientists" Huh

    A5 you should take your own advice. And maybe rethink the idea that we are going to run out of carbon dioxide if we don't keep burning fossil fuels. LOL

    True the Antarctic is the biggest ice sheet by far. But Greenland's ice sheet is also very significant and its melting rate is increasing.

    "Ice sheets contain enormous quantities of frozen water. If the Greenland Ice Sheet melted, scientists estimate that sea level would rise about 6 meters (20 feet). If the Antarctic Ice Sheet melted, sea level would rise by about 60 meters (200 feet).

    https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/quickfacts/icesheets.html

    You do realize that with ice loss that once we reach a tipping point ice loss becomes a positive feed back?

    You and I will be long gone long before this happens.

    Don't get hung up on the evolving scientific understanding of what is happening in the Antarctic. It is very important, but there are many other factors to consider. NASA lays them out in the following link:

    https://climate.nasa.gov/effects/ Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 08:31 55
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Troll trapping thread.

    Everyone else is seeding and chuck is still looking for articles.
    Rain delay. Why are you posting if seeding is waiting? LOL Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 08:35 56
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    And speaking of distractions to avoid answering the questions.
    Since when is the Athabasca glacier a proxy for Antacrtica? Different continent, different hemisphere, different altitude. No one is discussing Canadian glaciers, you brought this up to distract from the fact that you were wrong about Antarctica.
    But since you brought it up,

    Can you tell us when it started melting?

    Can you tell us how big it was back during the much warmer Holocene optimum?

    How much did it advance during the little ice age?

    What is the correct size for the Athabasca glacier?

    And where did you find a photograph from 1844?
    Never said it was a proxy for the antarctic. But you are so sure climate change is not happening in western Canada! In fact you have said its cooling. Why is the Athabasca glacier melting if the climate change and warming is not happening? Explain that please. Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 08:35 57
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Rain delay. Why are you posting if seeding is waiting? LOL
    That is one long rain delay. It appears to have been uninterrupted since 2006 when you joined.

    That could be why you never post about agricultural issues, hasn't quit raining long enough to step outside for decades. Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 08:41 58
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Never said it was a proxy for the antarctic. But you are so sure climate change is not happening in western Canada! In fact you have said its cooling. Why is the Athabasca glacier melting if the climate change and warming is not happening? Explain that please.
    Since you are putting words in my mouth, where did I say climate change isn't happening in western Canada? When did I say it was cooling?

    I am currently a net beneficiary of the warming trend we have been in for this cycle.

    Based on historical records we are now almost back to being as warm as it was during the 30's in my area.

    I am now almost back to growing the types of longer season crops the old timers were growing back then, before decades of cooling made even barley and oats a questionable proposition by the late 70's.

    That doesn't change the cyclical nature of climate.

    I will be immensly pleased if the cycles don't repeat and we haven't already entered the next multi decade cooling phase. But I'm not holding my breathe, my business and profitability depend on getting this right. Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 08:42 59 Greenland's Rapid Melt Will Mean More Flooding

    The Greenland Ice Sheet is rapidly melting, having lost 3.8 trillion tons of ice between 1992 and 2018, a new study from NASA and the European Space Agency (ESA) finds. The study combined 26 independent satellite datasets to track global warming's effect on Greenland, one of the largest ice sheets on Earth, and the ice sheet melt's impact on rising sea levels. The findings, which forecast an approximate 3 to 5 inches (70 to 130 millimeters) of global sea level rise by 2100, are in alignment with previous worst-case projections if the average rate of Greenland's ice loss continues.

    Changes to the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are of considerable societal importance, as they directly impact global sea levels, which are a result of climate change. As glaciers and ice sheets melt, they add more water to the ocean. Increasing rates of global warming have accelerated Greenland's ice mass loss from 25 billion tons per year in the 1990s to a current average of 234 billion tons per year. This means that Greenland's ice is melting on average seven times faster today than it was at the beginning of the study period. The Greenland Ice Sheet holds enough water to raise the sea level by 24 feet (7.4 meters).

    https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2940/g...more-flooding/ Reply With Quote
    May 2, 2021 | 08:44 60
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    That is one long rain delay. It appears to have been uninterrupted since 2006 when you joined.

    That could be why you never post about agricultural issues, hasn't quit raining long enough to step outside for decades.
    You post way more than I do there Bud. Are you a real farmer? LOL Reply With Quote