• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antarctic Ice

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does one actually know if the ice is increasing or decreasing unless u have been there to see it yourself. Any fool can cut and paste shit from the internet. More than half is bullshit and lies unless u have been there and done it to prove it to yourself. I heard how the polar bears were dying and the sea ice was disappearing for the last 25 years. When I go back to Churchill the ice still comes in in the fall and the polar bears are there waiting to leave. So when the Chuck and Larry’s of the world claim to know one thing or another most of the time the phuckers have no clue. Just what some study said by a paid off scientist. And don’t get me wrong there are a lot of scientist that are worth their efforts but I seen some real winners that were studying the polar bear decline and the only agenda they had was to start hysteria and blame the human population on it
    Last edited by FarmJunkie; Apr 23, 2021, 16:40.

Comment

So you have to see it for yourself to believe its true? Okay then.

It could be rather boring watching a massive ice sheet melt over the next decades. You might want to use satellite imagery and data collected over several decades to save all the standing around.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/30/climate/antarctica-ice-climate-change.html https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/30/climate/antarctica-ice-climate-change.html

A Satellite Lets Scientists See Antarctica’s Melting Like Never Before

Screen shots of Fox News is evidence? LOL The only evidence that provides is you watch to much TV.

Comment

So why does that denier organization NASA claim that Antarctica is gaining ice throughout the satellite era? Now Chuck knows better than the climate scientists( and rocket scientists) at NASA?
        I thought the science was settled?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          They just keep repeating the science is settled, over and over again. It does wonders for their credibility.
          The science is settled. It’s has nothing to do with the environment. It has everything to do with dollars. Wealth distribution scam

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            So why does that denier organization NASA claim that Antarctica is gaining ice throughout the satellite era? Now Chuck knows better than the climate scientists( and rocket scientists) at NASA?
            I thought the science was settled?
            no, not all science
            only science that fits
            patrick moore was a god
            now he is an idiot need i go on ?

Comment

If solids are changing to liquids, does that mean more surface area causes more liquids to change to gas? And if so, do those gases come back to earth? Maybe over land in a different location, especially if the jetstream changes due to hotter and colder areas? Inquiring minds want to know. Hotter areas means more evaporation, so it's kinda a 2x deal, you can't melt everything without more gassification plus the area deal, nobody gonna drown. Physics over politics
              Last edited by macdon02; Apr 24, 2021, 23:08.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                They have that covered , cows cause climate change they say .

I will continue to support my local beef guys regardless of what these clown people say .
                Guess What?

"Earth’s Axis Shifting Due to Climate Change

April 24, 2021
                Climate change has caused so much ice to melt -- it’s actually shifting the world’s axis."

https://weather.com/news/climate/video/earths-axis-has-shifted-because-of-climate-change-says-study?cm_ven=hp-slot-3

It should become obvious... Climate Change causes everything!!!

Comment

coleville lake NWT is -18 today , when do the icebergs melt

Comment

If you were in the eastern part of Canada's arctic all the way to Greenland temperatures were well above normal last winter from December to February.

Click image for larger version

Name:	map-blended-mntp-202012-202102.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	770994

If you want to see how ice sheets melt over the decades the easiest place to go is the Columbia ice fields between Banff and Jasper. Pretty easy to see the decline with the signs for each decade.

http://www.usask.ca/ip3/download/Rocky%20Mountain%20Outlook%204%20Feb%202010%20-%20Columbia%20Icefield%20shrinking%20fast.pdf http://www.usask.ca/ip3/download/Rocky%20Mountain%20Outlook%204%20Feb%202010%20-%20Columbia%20Icefield%20shrinking%20fast.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                      Guess What?

"Earth’s Axis Shifting Due to Climate Change

April 24, 2021
                      Climate change has caused so much ice to melt -- it’s actually shifting the world’s axis."

https://weather.com/news/climate/video/earths-axis-has-shifted-because-of-climate-change-says-study?cm_ven=hp-slot-
                      ..much like accepted science when all the research money only flows in one direction

Comment

Its amazing there are glaciers at all on the east side of the rockies with intermittent down sloping chinook winds.

Have you been talking with Leo chuck? He got confused about real weather too.

Comment

Helicopter crash near Resolute, Nunavut. Three in a helicopter counting polar bears.

Comment

See that, Chuck had no trouble at all explaining away the increasing ice in Antarctica. He just proved it is all fake news from NASA etc. by posting about the shrinking glaciers in Canada. Because obviously Canada is now part of Antarctica. See how easy that was. He has an answer to every inconvenient question.
                            Unfortunately, they never have anything whatsoever to do with the original question.

However, if you are looking for some more inconvenient questions to ignore, could you tell us when the glaciers in the Rockies started retreating? And how many people will have to go without water if they were to stop retreating?
                            Is it wise or sustainable policy to be relying on water from glacier fed rivers to start with, when the users (according to the article) require more water than can be provided without the melting? 3 options, either the glaciers don't melt at all, and there isn't enough water downstream, or the glaciers grow and there is even less water downstream, or the status quo where the glaciers retreat and provide enough water for the populations relying on them but only for a short period of time until they run out. I don't see an option here that has a happy ending for those relying on glacier fed rivers. Regardless of temperature changes, or the causes of them, this activity is not sustainable, and it gets even worse if we somehow had the power to cool the climate and stop the melting.
                            Please offer a solution.

Comment

Satellites show world’s mountain glaciers are melting faster than ever

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-satellites-show-worlds-mountain-glaciers-are-melting-faster-than-ever/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-satellites-show-worlds-mountain-glaciers-are-melting-faster-than-ever/

Glaciers are melting faster, losing 31 per cent more snow and ice per year than they did 15 years earlier, according to three-dimensional satellite measurements of all the world’s mountain glaciers.

Scientists blame human-caused climate change.

Using 20 years of recently declassified satellite data, scientists calculated that the world’s 220,000 mountain glaciers are losing more than 328 billion tons (298 billion metric tons) of ice and snow per year since 2015, according to a study in Wednesday’s journal Nature. That’s enough melt flowing into the world’s rising oceans to put Switzerland under almost 24 feet (7.2 metres) of water each year.

The annual melt rate from 2015 to 2019 is 78 billion more tons (71 billion metric tons) a year than it was from 2000 to 2004. Global thinning rates, different than volume of water lost, doubled in the last 20 years and “that’s enormous,” said Romain Hugonnet, a glaciologist at ETH Zurich and the University of Toulouse in France who led the study.

Half the world’s glacial loss is coming from the United States and Canada.

Alaska’s melt rates are “among the highest on the planet,” with the Columbia glacier retreating about 115 feet (35 metres) a year, Hugonnet said.

Almost all the world’s glaciers are melting, even ones in Tibet that used to be stable, the study found. Except for a few in Iceland and Scandinavia that are fed by increased precipitation, the melt rates are accelerating around the world.

The near-uniform melting “mirrors the global increase in temperature” and is from the burning of coal, oil and gas, Hugonnet said. Some smaller glaciers are disappearing entirely. Two years ago, scientists, activists and government officials in Iceland held a funeral for a small glacier."

David Schindler was well aware of the decline of glaciers in the rockies and the resulting impacts on fresh water. Rates of ice loss vary in different parts of the world. Antartica for example has a much slower loss occurring than parts of the arctic that were explained in the article I posted.
                              Last edited by chuckChuck; Apr 29, 2021, 06:56.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                                David Schindler was well aware of the decline of glaciers in the rockies and the resulting impacts on fresh water. Rates of ice loss vary in different parts of the world. Antartica for example has a much slower loss occurring than parts of the arctic that were explained in the article I posted.
                                That is some very creative Orwellian double speak there.

So now ice gain in Antarctica ( As per NASA), is much slower loss.

Where did you study math?

How is your diet going?

Great, although I lost a lot less weight this month than last, Last month I lost 3 lbs, but I only lost negative 5 lbs this month.

You didn't address my concerns about unsustainable water usage from glacier fed rivers. What will they do for water if the glaciers stop melting, start growing, or disappear?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.