• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday and Canola and other crops are moving up.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday and Canola and other crops are moving up.

Early morning trading and Lots of green on the markets today.

some showed a graph the other day of Bitcoin and Corn. It's the same graph. Up.

Canola July is starting to catch up to May.

Snow didn't stop the Drought it just gave farmers a glimmer of hope in dry areas. What I would be more concerned about is if the pattern holds like the last three weeks the east is getting wetter and the west is drying out.

Maybe early seeding in Alberta is a good thing.

Those with Crop left to sell enjoy the day and ride. May could get interesting.

Oh, STats Canada will **** up the Market on the 27 with outdated info. Other more reliable services will have their own members' info out. That's a day of fireworks.

Green is the color we all want to see and cheer on even if the new league is the XFL.

Oh, congratulations to the hospitals of Regina winners. Sometimes a bunch of tickets still doesn't win. Oh well, it all went to a great cause. When can I get my next tickets.

From my prospective in SE Sask, the delay in planting is more harmful to the end result of my crop this fall, than the small benefit this snow brings.

Everything is still white, this snow is very slow to melt. Everything yet to do in the field prior to planting, still has to be done after the snow leaves!

Can't blow the snow in the yard with mud underneath, hasn't been cold enough to freeze, so nothing moving in the yard.

RM now has 12,000lb road bans now, earlier we only went down to secondary weights, from winter weights.

It's like were in suspended animation.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
      From my prospective in SE Sask, the delay in planting is more harmful to the end result of my crop this fall, than the small benefit this snow brings.

Everything is still white, this snow is very slow to melt. Everything yet to do in the field prior to planting, still has to be done after the snow leaves!

Can't blow the snow in the yard with mud underneath, hasn't been cold enough to freeze, so nothing moving in the yard.

RM now has 12,000lb road bans now, earlier we only went down to secondary weights, from winter weights.

It's like were in suspended animation.
      I agree, COLD, saturated snow in yards, roads soaked, and oh ya COLD! Yard was all dry, now biggest whitest snow banks, impossible to blow, FEL smashing the slop. And it's too COLD! Right Sheep?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        I agree, COLD, saturated snow in yards, roads soaked, and oh ya COLD! Yard was all dry, now biggest whitest snow banks, impossible to blow, FEL smashing the slop. And it's too COLD! Right Sheep?
        Yup. It’s pretty gross. We have panels we need for lambing that are still frozen to the ground we can’t get at. Our alleyway to the barn area from the pasture is plugged with three foot of snow. I’m not sure how we get the ewes up the alley if they start lambing a bit early.

Just slime. Making a royal mess of life thing. Yard was firm. Now it’s ruts again.

Climate change.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0385.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	770953
          well we sure needed it , this is a pic of a ditch that usually runs water . a foot snow has disapeared and not a drop of water gets to ditches

Comment

Soaking away..Good thing the ground was unthawed before this last dump of snow..Bare spots in field are dry already..

Comment

Short commentary, with a couple maps;

https://www.barchart.com/story/news/1515995/april-can-be-the-cruelest-month-by-doctor-weather-aka-jim-roemer https://www.barchart.com/story/news/1515995/april-can-be-the-cruelest-month-by-doctor-weather-aka-jim-roemer

As I stated above for our own farm, the delay is more harmful to the crop I harvest this fall, than any benefit we will get from this little moisture now.

Seems there is starting to concern with the cold temps forecast for the US Midwest this coming week, re corn and Bean prep and planting. Also for winter crops and early planted spring crops.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                [ATTACH]7782[/ATTACH]
                well we sure needed it , this is a pic of a ditch that usually runs water . a foot snow has disapeared and not a drop of water gets to ditches
                Glad you got what you needed!

Comment

The technical guys over at New Ag Talk are projecting some very lofty numbers, and multiple years of new highs before this is over.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    The technical guys over at New Ag Talk are projecting some very lofty numbers, and multiple years of new highs before this is over.
                    Fade 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                      Fade 'em?
                      It is very possible this is the last hoorah before we start the slide into the basement for a while.

Comment

Every company is phoning looking for anything you have left. Short 100 bushels on a contract can you bring in a semi load.

I think we haven't seen the shit show yet.

One snow doesn't fill soil up.

It's a half-inch of rain at best.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.