• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inflation is here not Deflation.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inflation is here not Deflation.

USA today announced that last month's stats for march show inflation is on the rise. The USA is well on its way to opening up after Covid and consumers are back buying things, Traveling, so everything is going up up and up. Canada is way behind thanks to skippy so we won't be at this stage till probably fall. But since most of our stuff is based on USA prices watch things go up here.

Anyone try to buy lumber knows what's going on. A sheet of plywood 3/4 is 95 if treated. Wow isn't that fun.

We are building onto our home in Regina and have a locked-in price since December with construction starting soon. He told me if we were ordering the supplies today add an extra 15%. On a $100 large job that's an extra 15 grand.

Fuel is up.

Ever order parts from any dealer a fricking belt has doubled.

The last time I checked I'm still averaging 7 for wheat and canola for fall is 13 so far not a big difference when do we see a doubling in price.

Oh, my new sprayer is definitely double what it was 5 years ago.

So yea inflation has set in for 2021.

Just asked about a new lawnmower all new orders are up to $100 a mower. Let that sink in.

Comment

Just a heads up SKF ... no one cares about what you are getting for your wheat and canola, or my durum or lentils. We are peasants and we are suppose to feed the world for nothing and pay whatever it takes to do so. This is only the beginning. I predicted this years ago! I told someone last night this is a picnic to what’s coming. Wait till the regulations kick in. It will be the beginning of the end for the “family” farm.

Comment

Just a little food for thought this morning. My parents and six rug-rats lived in a little 2 story house on main street - maybe 24x30 with 3 bedrooms upstairs ( master just big enough for double bed and no room to make it.) Main floor included a kitchen, livingroom, and a bathroom (with no tub). Life was tight but we were happy and all grew up without killing each other. Seems surreal today because 1500 with full basement is small for two of us. 😂

Comment

BigZee I do know what's coming and I don't like what's going to happen to farmers.

Yes, homes are larger today. Just look at the new areas tiny two stories with a garage and on a tiny lot. $549 starting price.

Every generation use to try to be a little better than the one before until now. Boom we hit a wall.

Comment

If you want to find deflation: sell your lumber and buy cattle and hogs.

Comment

Stock markets around the world setting new record high ,is this due to all the money the govts have poured out.I was always told that small business was the backbone of our economy,maybe not anymore.

Comment

A neighbor is building a new house this spring. Last fall, he priced out rebar for the basement at $9000. Same rebar today is $19,000.

Cost of the house will be $475 per square foot.

The Keynesians will tell you that this inflation will stimulate the economy by encouraging people to borrow and spend before prices go up again. This is nonsense. When faced with these prices, the buyer will often take the option of saying no.

My friend who tried to price out a Zipperloc shed decided not to bother with the purchase because the price is way more than he can afford. I guess he has not read enough of Keynes.

Comment

Revisions published Monday show price pressures are stronger than initially reported. They pushed the average of the Bank of Canada’s preferred measures of core inflation to a yearly increase of 1.77 percent in January, from 1.5 percent in the statistics agency’s initial release.

We all know stats Canada is behind on info so its worse.

Comment

Bought in to oil. Opening up trade plus inflation plus weakening USD will have a bbl of crude over $100 in a yr.

Then some climate cultists will realize we need steel, concrete and fossil fuel to build the new unicorn utopia. Inflation will put renewables into the uneconomic zone for another decade. I hope the woke retards enjoy it.

Bought uranium because eventually these idiots will realize thats the only technology to decarbonize the economy which will still take 25 yrs.

God these people are dumb as hammers.
                    Last edited by jazz; Apr 14, 2021, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      Bought in to oil. Opening up trade plus inflation plus weakening USD will have a bbl of crude over $100 in a yr.

Then some climate cultists will realize we need steel, concrete and fossil fuel to build the new unicorn utopia. Inflation will put renewables into the uneconomic zone for another decade. I hope the woke retards enjoy it.

Bought uranium because eventually these idiots will realize thats the only technology to decarbonize the economy which will still take 25 yrs.

God these people are dumb as hammers.
                      Didn't you load up with USA dollars last summer, as you predicted the CDN dollar would crash?

Cdn dollar has been pretty stable between 78-80 cents for months now.

Now your betting the USA dollar will go down and oil will hit $100.00 in a yr.

If oil was to go to $100.00/barrel the CDN dollar would also increase.

Not sure how you trade Jazz, tough to make money on hedged investments!

But what do I know, been loading up on CDN banks the past year.

Comment

Well, forage I agree with you on one thing, Canadian Banks always good for a stable profit.

The Canadian dollar is a joke.

77-81 maybe so it makes transferring money fun.

Comment

Anything to do with Uranium and nuclear are probably the best long long term investments there is right now.
                          Eventually reality will catch up.

Comment

If Sask wouldn't had a crazy man TD we would have two sites making power from Nuclear. The NDP was a black eye on Saskatchewan.

Comment

Originally posted by Austrian Economics View Post
                              A neighbor is building a new house this spring. Last fall, he priced out rebar for the basement at $9000. Same rebar today is $19,000.

Cost of the house will be $475 per square foot.

The Keynesians will tell you that this inflation will stimulate the economy by encouraging people to borrow and spend before prices go up again. This is nonsense. When faced with these prices, the buyer will often take the option of saying no.

My friend who tried to price out a Zipperloc shed decided not to bother with the purchase because the price is way more than he can afford. I guess he has not read enough of Keynes.
                              and yet numbnuts said price gouging during covid will not be tolerated?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...