• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 cent wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 cent wheat

JUMPED about that much here this week is this rain event enough to do anything or will we see more movement by next thursday?

Rain event? where u at would love a inch or so

Comment

Its forecast for Monday here in Manitoba but we will see. Spent the day leveling mole hills in a hay field. Sand spreads easy when its that dry I sure don't like how my fury friends can wreak a hay field not to mention what that does to the discbine every year.

Comment

Its forecast for Monday here in Manitoba but we will see. Spent the day leveling mole hills in a hay field. Sand spreads easy when its that dry I sure don't like how my fury friends can wreak a hay field not to mention what that does to the discbine every year.

I used to get bent out of shape as a kid when Dad would spend time trapping moles when he should have been seeding. Now I trap them. Went this am with my 9yr old boy, got 9 out of 13 traps. Makes a huge difference. I have a semi retired neighbour that got over 700 miles on one quarter last year.

Comment

Are they moles or pocket gophers? We were out finding the tunnels tonight and bating them. Last year we kept at it and pretty well had them cleaned up but this year a few moved in.

Comment

Moles can make a sandy area in a hay field hardly worth cutting here.
            Fortunately we don't seem to have pocket gophers here.
            I assume in Regina clay you have gophers?

Comment

After googling the difference looks like I'm talking pocket gophers, everybody calls them moles here but guess that is incorrect.

Comment

More I think about it what we call Gophers are actually Richardson ground squirrels so maybe we just aren't that good with English here in AB.

Comment

We don't have a gopher problem but trapping moles can also turn you into a Bill Murray ( Caddyshack ) type of guy. A couple of years ago I was setting traps and talking to myself when I looked up and saw three fox pups watching me on a sandbank. Three days later they figured out that there was tasty treats in those boxes in the morning and started taking my traps. I moved to a different spot.

Comment

So GDR , are you in Alberta or Manitoba?
                    Or do you farm in both areas ?

Comment

North Dakota farmers think wheat gonna jump big time and not just because it's dry ?????

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        So GDR , are you in Alberta or Manitoba?
                        Or do you farm in both areas ?
                        GDR has confused two us, as I was just going to ask the same question.

Comment

Sorry nope just AB, I just included Old Cowzillas post at the top of my response that mentioned Manitoba, made sense in my mind but then that dont mean much! My quote and edit features no longer exist.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.