• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought Emergency

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drought Emergency

N.Dakota has declared a drought emergency.

ND knows what’s going on in sask we’re still thinking it will rain. ND knows to let the feds in Washington know early they have problems. In western canada we have skippy a shit for brains and some times I think our premiers are not up to speed also

Comment

Weather network says we had 0.01 mm last night. She's going to be a bin buster!

Comment

We had a flood 1.5 mm.

Comment

nothin but sun and wind deep in the swamp

Comment

Had a massive rain yesterday, ALMOST had to use the wipers. Guess even the windshield is dry!!
            Oh well up to 20cm coming.

Comment

Emergency???

It’s real dry here but how can you have an emergency before you do something? I feel like it’s ‘02 again but a foot of wet snow would turn things around.

The insurance coverage here on the grain is great ............ pasture is mediocre............. and hay is pathetic. $6+ barley is already an issue for cattle but nobody seems bothered by that.

Fun times ahead. Not for the faint of heart. Not panicking but making backup plans.

Saving time not pushing snow to get ready for calving ............. there’s always a positive out there.

Bring on Plant ‘21😎 No sense in crying🍀
              This new rubber my brother is putting on is itching to play in the dirt.

Comment

We are dry but not emergency dry...yet. But windy every day, fire trucks have been out 3 times in 2 days for grass fires within 1 mile of my farm, kinda worrisome, we are surrounded by bush and pasture, cant really plow a fire guard. Grass fires not generally an issue for us here.

Comment

Broke up some sod today east of Edmonton. Was a little wet in a few places but 80% was good with the hill tops actually a bit dry. Land with stubble on it still a bit wet yet but land that is bare is getting a little dry on top in the high spots. Sloughs filled here and there is a bit of run off with the odd snow bank still sitting in the trees.

Comment

10 years ago or less, when certain areas flooded, others had it perfect, what goes around, comes around. It all averages out in the end. Yes, I'm being an ass, just like some guys were when they were content. One area loses when the other wins. Cest la vie

Comment

Its so dry here I can actually get a good nights sleep.

Comment

During a dry year an old timer in our local bar said it was so dry on his farm he sent a sample of water away for analysis and it came back only contained 70% moisture. Fun times

Comment

I saw two trees fighting for a dog

Comment

GDR how can grass fires and fire trucks within a mile of your yard not be an emergency ???

Well that part was a bit scary. We have some soil moisture (no wet potholes this year though) but anything above ground is very dry. One fire was acreage people that had a fire get away on them and burned the neighbours shelter belt, the second was those same trees reigniting the next day in the wind and the third fire was neighbors brush pile they burned in January that started up and got away. I'm kinda used to snow till a week before seeding then a rain every three days all summer.

Comment

Really nice day here with warm sunshine and a light breeze. Yard is nice and dry and firm so nice and comfy in running shoes. Fields are wet with water still running and snow in the tree lines. I would say almost perfect!
                              But then the dreaded forecast with 20cm of snow and wind and -12 temps and daytime highs below 0 for most of next week!
                              I just hope they are wrong

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.