• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry conditions across the prairies. Oh are they finally taking note.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry conditions across the prairies. Oh are they finally taking note.

It seems a few media outlets and Ag reporters are finally realizing we have been really dry since last July.

I guess on the Easter weekend some traders and experts actually got out of the cities and went to the cottage maybe stopped to take a piss on the side of the road and realized your piss is gone in seconds once it hits the dry dirt.

Now this farmer has seen videos of guys seeding in Southern Alberta and Manitoba and a guy yesterday at Saskatoon. Now it's nice to be first out and it gets all talking but you're a ****ing idiot it's the first of April. Not may one.

We might have 21 mill acres of Canola going in in western Canada but if it doesn't get established or has issues there is no way in the world of Mickie Mouse we will have anything close to resembling an average crop at this time. Timely rains will help a few with subsoil moisture but from most, I talk to the tank is empty.

It will surely be an interesting year. Yea it's farming they all are.

But it's nice that the Ag experts finally are agreeing we're looking more like a drought-like 1988 all over again. Hey, ask your dads what it was like in the 80s.

Off to pump water. Have a great day.

Like your #1 analogy.

You go pump your water. Around here, all we can do is pound sand.

Comment

Yet old crop canola is up, new crop is down.
      Corn opposite this morning. Go figure.

Comment

Why is no one talking about the drought? It’s not like it’s not on most guys mind. I lived the floods the first few were fun the last 5 sucked the life out of you.

But now the table has turned its dryer and maybe will be for years

Comment

If a drought is coming, I think we can weather it better this time round with these prices at our backs.

Frankly, I am relishing the food inflation that will wash over the economy and watching the woke zombies get blindsided.

Comment

Canola is starting to wake up and the storm for the 11 th is bs and now a change on the one coming on 18 th

Comment

Looking for some precip around the 11th but not too confident as to how much

Comment

1987 long, wet, cold fall ruined many bushel of Laird Lentils. That winter you were lucky to sell them as feed at 7-9 cents/lb. But come the drought of 1988, we got 27.5 cents a pound and you could sell every bit.

Comment

Talk on radio this morning of an omega block

Comment

Yep but it’s not suppose to hit till July. Except this year the tank is empty filling up 10 dollars here and there won’t cut it this year.

Comment

Everyone is chomping at the bit to contract and move last yrs crop, BUT if a guy had brass balls and carried this one another few months, you could make out like a bandit.

Some one said the US got big rains and their drought backed off quite a bit. Anyone have current moisture maps?

Click image for larger version

Name:	01-moisture-map (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	770919
                      Last edited by jazz; Apr 5, 2021, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        BUT if a guy had brass balls and carried this one another few months, you could make out like a bandit.
                        You called?

Comment

Might have lots of bin space here in Manitoba this fall if anybody needs any !

Comment

I for one don’t believe with the winds we’re getting and min snow all winter that it is wet south of kindersley all way down to swift. Not one minute

Comment

There was more snow over 8 Miles south of kinderlsey. South of Eston is dry. A friend of mine that lives south of Eston got his pumps all ready to use and there ain’t no water.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.