• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could matter

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could matter

How many farmers with multiple 42 tonne loads of grain, or oil seeds contract it out by the load in order to be paid on delivery?

It's looking like purchasers are wanting to take 95% of a contracted amount, even before the one, or two month delivery time frame, and then delaying the last few tonnes of the contract to the last possible day(s) of delivery month, or months.

I suspect it may be because of the increased value of certain crops that could place them over what they want to post bonds on.

Could they still get around paying by saying I want 40 tonnes of the 42 tonne contract, on multiple tonne contracts? What happens when they call for 294 tonnes of a 305 tonne contract, and you manage to possibly load all 305 tonnes on seven loads?

Just asking.

With feed barley they write out a check every Friday on what is delivered

Comment

I never feel bad asking for a cheque if they delay taking a contracted amount all at once.

In fact if I haven't dealt with a company before usually I ask to be paid part way through before they get the rest of the contract.

Comment

When do grain cos get paid , buy delivery time or contract time ? That could make big difference on money out on the books either way.

Comment

Good advice. Good questions. Thank you, fellas.

I think I know what I have to do on Monday.

I'm not saying that is their plan. If it is, it is really a short sighted ploy for a business.

Comment

I hate that it has come to this but stories like this are why I now only sell to the major line companies. I feel awful but I can’t afford to lose any of the grain that I sell and if you deal with the small one unfortunately you will eventually get burned. (Not saying that is what is happening here, just a frustrating reality.)

Comment

One grain co I hauled canola 2 wks early check wasn't made out till contract date. Next week hauled Barley to other grain co 2 wks early bank deposit made 24 hrs later. But Barley turnover cash wise likely pretty quick.

Comment

What frustrates me is the on farm pickup contracts. They will only want to contract 42 tonne loads. But the truckers load 44 or 45 tonnes . Not bad for a load or two but if you have a 10 or 12 load contract I ask them who is coming back for 30 tonnes?

Comment

The trucking contracts always say in bold “Load to maximum legal weight.”
                  Yet the number on the contract says 42T.
                  I never could figure out why they said 42, other than that was the minimum. Trucker would be paid for 42 if he only got 38, for example, because the bin emptied.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                    The trucking contracts always say in bold “Load to maximum legal weight.”
                    Yet the number on the contract says 42T.
                    I never could figure out why they said 42, other than that was the minimum. Trucker would be paid for 42 if he only got 38, for example, because the bin emptied.
                    Could that also be to allow for dockage? Load more than 42 to ensure you have at least 42 after dockage?

Comment

Maybe, that’s possible.
                      Brokers get paid by weight too so I know they like big loads as well as the truckers.

Comment

AGT was planning that game awhile ago.
                        Contract had to be delivered before a cheque could be written and you can’t deliver the rest because the car never came.

Iceman out

Comment

I just had Viterra try some underhanded sht this week. They called me last week the day before USDA report asking if want to move some durum this week. I told them the yard needed a couple days to dry and I would talk to them after easter.

Today I get an email saying everything is full. They are moving canary seed instead. No durum until June now. Since when does a major terminal turn away one of the large acre crops to focus on a tiny special crop and take 2 months to move it.

What a joke.

Comment

Got an email from Viterra kinderlsey today. Looking for durum

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...