• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding started

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding started

Couple of seeding rigs going east of Granum AB today, is this normal seeding date for this area?

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
    Couple of seeding rigs going east of Granum AB today, is this normal seeding date for this area?
    That seems early even for that area.

I dont know, but just about all of western canada has a frost risk up to Victoria Day.

Comment

My neighbors brother said that there is some seeding going on near Brandon.

Comment

With the forecast for this area the next two weeks, I suspect there will be guys going by the end of next week.

Thats about a week to 10 days early.

Which is probably about what SW alberta would be right now. They'd likely typically be starting the 7th to 10th.

In recent memory, this is not the earliest start date I've seen. Can't remember which year, but within the last 6 or so, Southern Alberta has had seeds in the ground in March.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...