• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towing air seeder cost

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing air seeder cost

Anybody know what the current rate is to tow a medium-sized air seeder? Up to 400 km.

Depends how fast they try to tow it and how many wheel bearings and tires they blow.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      Depends how fast they try to tow it and how many wheel bearings and tires they blow.
      not a like
      think he is probably just wondering about a per km. charge ?

Comment

$2000-2500
        400km is not far.

Comment

Speaking from experience. 2500 to 3000.

Comment

Just asked a few weeks ago. $275/hr from hookup to unhooking. Full insurance and pilot vehicle. Roughly 3hrs/100km.

Live near a busy highway where lots of drills and equipment go by. You can tell the cheaper outfits since they pull drills at 50km or more.

Comment

Not that big of a deal to tow it yourself and save a pile of money. I towed one about that far. Only got the finger once!! Make sure you’re route is ok for clearance through overpasses. Grease wheel bearings and have a pilot vehicle. If you get the finger give two back!!

Comment

Just moved one last week at $240/hr one way with pilot truck. Worked out to $2000 with a flat tire delay. I did have another quote at $1750 and I had to be pilot or pay for one. Km would have been less than you ask but Calgary was in the way so likely similar if it's a straight forward haul.

Comment

Speed limit is important. I expect the experienced haulers charge by the hour because of tires and wheel bearings.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...