• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was there a fee prior to 2013 on Agristability

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was there a fee prior to 2013 on Agristability

I can't remember but when did they attach a fee for agristability..

You would think one of the ag ministers would be smart enough to negotiate back to a no fee on agristabilty?

While they call the recent announcements improvements ..hard to believe getting back to where we were an improvement.

Its like listening to Chuck Penner say these are high prices during the AGMs ...but they have been this high before...

Just getting back to where farmers were isn't progress, is it?

always been an admin fee
    we are no where near canola highs ?
    would need $39/bu. of these trudope bucks

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      always been an admin fee
      we are no where near canola highs ?
      would need $39/bu. of these trudope bucks
      I dont remember the previous programs having a fee...AIDA, CAIS

Comment

AIDA and CAIS, I believe had no fees.

Comment

I think there was about $1200 fee all years.

Comment

Agristability has always had a fee. one half of one percent of your average margin.

Comment

Did the programs prior to agristability have fees?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Did the programs prior to agristability have fees?
                I’m pretty nearly positive they didn’t. That was the era of three pc of sales NISA.

Comment

Thank god I never got involved with any of them.

This thread sounds like a rehash of forgotten memories - all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                    Thank god I never got involved with any of them.

This thread sounds like a rehash of forgotten memories - all bad.
                    NISA was good in that format. Was pretty easy to chock a good amount in there and have it add up quickly. Interest rates were higher too. If one had cash.

But yeah, certainly different and not always better days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                      I’m pretty nearly positive they didn’t. That was the era of three pc of sales NISA.
                      This is what I am getting at ....the announcements made about agristabilty recently are not improvements ..

Meanwhile as the airline industry is setting up for a 9 billion dollar package for a drought in passengers ...no fault of their own....agriculture gets phucked...

Airline industry is set for a strong recovery I might add...

If this drought takes hold ....there won't be a recovery for many farms.

Comment

Bucket why are you comparing the airline industry with ag?

The airlines saw revenues drop to almost zero and have lost billions. Last year farm incomes went up and are projected to go up again in 2021.

For those who suffer losses dues to weather and market issues, crop insurance, agristability and Agriinvest will cover a lot and prevent catastrophic losses that will put farms under.

The drought risk is very high this spring. The feds have improved Agristability with potentially more improvements.

Ask your banker and accountant whether they think it is a good idea to count on a no strings attached payment, versus using safety net programs that, however flawed, already exist.

Comment

agristability is a bad program, no question. however the changes they made this year, retroactive to 2020

of removing the limited reference margin should help a little bit. for the small premium, stay in it, but do it

yourself, do not hire an accountant. if you have to do that, get out.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            Bucket why are you comparing the airline industry with ag?

The airlines saw revenues drop to almost zero and have lost billions. Last year farm incomes went up and are projected to go up again in 2021.

For those who suffer losses dues to weather and market issues, crop insurance, agristability and Agriinvest will cover a lot and prevent catastrophic losses that will put farms under.

The drought risk is very high this spring. The feds have improved Agristability with potentially more improvements.

Ask your banker and accountant whether they think it is a good idea to count on a no strings attached payment, versus using safety net programs that, however flawed, already exist.
                            Crop insurance , agristability didn't do SFA for farmers in 2019 when the crop was left out...And if you think agriinvest will help maybe you don't understand it would take 50 years to build a nestegg to cover a years' expenses...
                            Last edited by bucket; Apr 1, 2021, 08:24.

Comment

Oh, booboo doesn't want you to have a bunch of money in Agrinvest that's a No-no. Just got my Ag stab bill today. Wow but well pay to play. HAHAHAHA

Just finished a fun audit and well we have collected once since it all began way way back. Yep, 5 years later they wanted it all back. Sent two big checks. That was for the year 2002 when we froze on August 4th. If you seed in our area when snow is gone on May 1 that is a crop that only had less than 90 days to make something. You actually think we had anything. But no claim.

So they did a fun audit I was picked hahahahaha. Well after 2015 was done guess what if you change a number the rest all way up will change so the audit continued for 16, then 17 then 18, and finally 19. Well, a good news letter finally came after their summer student who was going to work on it right away did nothing then one employee from home did nothing, and finally when you phone and say you're done with the BS someone actually does something. My margin went up. HAHAH. Bigger premium And 4 years of BS.

We need a better program, either improve crop insurance with a 10-year average yield and 80% cov is split between all. Not double to go to 80%. Throw out the highest yield and lowest in case you have a drought or frost. Also, have then a top-up that's more money to 90%.

ITs not rocket science. Just build a better boat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...