• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Big World Conflict. I See China trying to take over.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    Rewriting history again Jazz? Are you actually insinuating Biden and Trudeau are responsible for the Hong Kong repatriation?

For your information repatriation talks between Britain and China started back in 1982 and were signed in 1984 when Margaret Thatcher was PM (and Regan was President) with date of actual transfer of power to China set for Jan 1, 1997, well before current administrations. And ever since 1997 there has been regular uprisings of dissent in Hong Kong. The most frequent and destructive events actually have happened during Trump's term.

Actual trans
    If you read what jazz put, and come up with that drivel as to what he was talking about, it tells me you need to think whilst you read.

Comment

China and Russia have a window to exert their influence as world powers before their population ages out. The likes of India is on their heels and about to surpass them with a younger population. 30 years sounds like a long time but the former two will see sizeable population declines and increased median age. Old people don’t wage war or do much. Our western nations need to keep dominant long enough to wait them out.

Comment

For millenia those two cultures have never trusted their govt and individualism was punished.
        The opposite of our very short experience. Neither superior just the facts.
        For Saskfarmer with age may come the wisdom to let some things go. Time and change are inevitable. Although I too bemoan what I see as fundamental changes, this is no longer Lincoln's world where every man had the desire or skills to utilize his resources for benefit.
        Over the next century or two what Canada looks like will change or disappear. Our great grandchildren will survive the environment of the time.
        I'll be dust but for now I'm gonna live as large as possible with no apologies. Teach the young what I can and burn the rest before the bums out there waste it all.

Comment

China is now the largest importer of agricultural products in the world.Also they pay with cash , unlike some other countries.Scares me to think where farming would be without them.

Comment

Scares me to think in 20 years when they buy less.

Comment

Only silver lining to the next election is chuck will be too busy filling out mail in ballots to spend much time posting on here.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                And thats why we should be working with a real up and coming democracy like India.

Too bad we have a retard running our country and a leader of one of the opposition parties banned from that country.

Nice touch Canada, FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  That could go either way.
                  A shrinking aging population but with growing afluence thanks to invesment and automation etc. could still increase their consumption of calories, specifically more expensive calories. Plus their pets, plus the additional land required by more affluent people(imagine if they all wanted a yard the size of a local city lot...) takes away from available farmland.
                  They might still be trying to buy influence in other parts of the world with bribes infrastructure, and even food.

Or they could just lose affluence and population at the same time.

Comment

Exactly Jazz. We need to think long like China. I hate communism but at the core of ccp is a group of technocrats running the show thinking long term as they don’t need to worry about election cycles. If anyone needs worry is Russia as that’s a bunch of kleptocrats heeled by a chess master kleptocrat. He now needs to stay there till he dies as he will face a similar fate out of office. I fear in the west election cycles and the ensuing popularity contests feed into the primal desires of the electorate. Essentially a bunch of cave dwellers with a myopic view. No different than the poor bugger in China or Russia. All fed bs propaganda and wanting to fed it. Essentially a bunch of feeder calves craving as much barley as can be unknowingly contributing to their own fate. History repeats itself but the technology element throws a curve into it, and I think it has mankind in situation where we are essentially the highest order of development but tribal as ever. Even if war or strife were to break out I do not think it would have the effect it once did. You can see this in the markets how technology has caused detachment from reality.

Comment

Im starting to have the same feelings as about the mid 80's, maybe the US govt is the bad guy and the Russians are the good guys. Lockheed and Raytheon just had big orders placed. Since the WHO recently had a massive F up, maybe it's time for the UN to get us involved in something we shouldn't be? Or NATO, they both been sitting on the shelf for an excessive period of time. But im gonna say Ukraine drags us into a pissing match we need not be in.

Comment

Total agreement North America appears to be at a low point on leadership. Maybe worse than Jimmy Carter for the USA but Ronnie Regan brought them back when it looked like they were in irreversible decline.
                        We have to get past JT but what worries me the most is the acceptance of the Graft.
                        When politicians generaly get experienced in looking for the kickback we are a shithole.
                        The signs are there all over.
                        Sask has the pretend carbon capture built by SNC that was mega over budget built by SNC.
                        JT comes back from an African tour after dropping multi-millions to the dictators.
                        You can't have that graft draining the profits and initiative out of the economy.
                        Dirty politics is my biggest fear no matter what party.

Comment

Hmmm...

[ATTACH]7728[/ATTACH]
                          Last edited by fjlip; Mar 30, 2021, 21:28.

Comment

On the world stage, Trudeau looks like PEE WEE Herman.

We are so weak it's not even funny.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                              Im starting to have the same feelings as about the mid 80's, maybe the US govt is the bad guy and the Russians are the good guys.
                              This is an interesting post. I was just watching an article about Jim Rogers and how he made 4200% return on his fund in the 70s. Shorted gold, the Nifty 50 and went all in on defense contractors just as Regan came into power.

The 70s look a lot like today imo. A controversial president ousted (Trump/Nixon), an inept weakling elected (Carter/Biden). Is a Reagenesque figure waiting in the wings to counter china finally like the Soviet Union was?

https://www.morningstar.in/posts/44056/makes-jim-rogers-great-investor.aspx
                              Last edited by jazz; Mar 31, 2021, 07:44.

Comment

[No fan of Trudeau, for the seeming lack of any kind of fiscal sense.
                                But south of the Border the frail Biden is a welcome relief from the 2 yr. Old before him.
                                6-700,000 dead , mostly because he lied about everything. And still does.
                                YES , China is winning the war, the economic one
                                By getting off their Ass . Planning and doing .
                                BILL Maher had a good little bit on it.
                                China has 3,000 miles of high speed rail , the US has zero. US infrastructure falling apart,
                                China builds and plans on progress
                                The US on profiteering and Trump was that in spades. No concern for the health of the people
                                Or the health of the economy. Fiddled and golfed and was a pompas ass while Rome Burned.
                                The woke culture has had its day , but no worse than the fantasy of bringing America back to prominence by getting back a few coal mining jobs back is.
                                And of course tarrif yourself to death , so you can't afford to accomplish anything.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...