• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sales and import reporting system

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales and import reporting system

Well wouldn’t it be interesting to view the trade positions ( exporters normally —- now importers such as Viterra and Richardsons) on the futures exchanges. And how those positions ( hedge vs speculation) changed once they leaked or some one else leaked the import purchases.

These trades, if they were on the Dow, Nasdaq, etc would be considered inside trading?

There should be a public inquiry, and now all exports and purchases larger than 5,000 tons and bulk vessel loaded must be reported, this clearly demonstrates the importance of sales and import reporting systems as this activity has a huge impact on Canada's most important essential service, Agriculture.

Taxing agriculture is one thing, robbery is another.

Canada imports tens of thousands of tonnes of canola every year

Comment

Boat loads imported? Or farmer deliveries from montana and north dakota?

It just seems that the boat loads going into eastern canada was a significant event. Significant and unusual, a black crow for sure. Being able to see ddgs imports would be valuable for livestock industry, the barley producers.

101, do you think short futures positions would have been placed to speculate on the down side price impact the imports would have?

Comment

Yes North Dakota the major source of canola imports.
        I have not heard any news about this import of canola into Canada.
        Below is the commercial/producer short positions going back to Jan 2020.
        Is it cancelled sales that got reimported? Hard to believe with all the news of smaller
        European crops and continued importing from Canada as well as news some time ago that Ukraine was running low on Canola that somehow it would pay to get canola from Europe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Commercial canola shorts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	770910

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
          Being able to see ddgs imports would be valuable for livestock industry, the barley producers.
          I'm always saying I need more for my barley; haven't received any sympathy so far...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...