• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price of goods

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of goods

Does anyone believe consumables will be cheaper next month or next year? If polls were available, I'd do it that way, but i guess it's gonna be chalk lines instead, Yes or no first please, then the explanation. Doesn't matter the sector specific, just general attitude. Thanks

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
    Does anyone believe consumables will be cheaper next month or next year? If polls were available, I'd do it that way, but i guess it's gonna be chalk lines instead, Yes or no first please, then the explanation. Doesn't matter the sector specific, just general attitude. Thanks
    Second question, if it's on the shelf today, do you think it'll be there tomorrow? Do you have faith it'll be available if you pass on a purchase?

Comment

Maybe LATE this year some things like lumber and steel could/should drop back some??
      Fuel, equipment and electronics and most plastics will remain high well into next year i think.
      Fert will stay at these ridiculously high levels as long as mosaic has the monopoly and the tariffs stay in place.
      A complete disaster in north american crop yields (corn, beans, canola etc) and if china quits buying (resulting in grain prices collapsing) would lower some input and equipment prices??
      A jump or steady climb in interest rates would also lower prices across the board but for now I think inflation will keep the price of most goods and raw materials high and supply low.
      I have been saying since august "if you need it buy it while it is available", because it could be while before it is available again and likely will cost A LOT more!!
      Last edited by ry0972; Mar 28, 2021, 22:49.

Comment

I keep asking how much of this demand is simply being pulled forward by the anticipation of inflation or shortages. Actual prolonged and significant inflation and shortages will have to materialize and grow exponentially to keep the cost of goods growing at this rate.
        All it would take is for production to return to normal, to remove the perceived risk of shortages Then the stockpiles that was demand pulled forward will weigh on prices driving them down even further.

If this is still just in time/hand to mouth buying, then all bets are off.

Comment

If the stock market drops, everything drops (IMO).

Debt to equity totally out-of-whack . . . .

Debt is the ultimate asset value killer . . . .

Money printing has no pleasant end game.

Sorry for being so blunt with my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
            If the stock market drops, everything drops (IMO).

Debt to equity totally out-of-whack . . . .

Debt is the ultimate asset value killer . . . .

Money printing has no pleasant end game.

Sorry for being so blunt with my opinions.
            Ah yes the deflationary boogeyman. How I wish he would appear, I've heard all about him for 30 years never seen him. That would mean the value of average peoples earnings would go up and so to would their standard of living. How wonderfully successful would the vast money printing experiment be if those on a fixed income and fixed savings would be able to buy a new home, buy cheaper groceries and have an overall lower cost of living. Unfortunately for Joe Six Pack I don't think he is going to become Joe Dozen Pack but is much more likely to become Joe No Pack over the coming years.

Comment

The real cost of carbon tax is coming home to roost for joe 6 pack. Truck freight costs for food take another jump on April 1st and passed on down the line. As for shortages most crap people could live without for that matters. Sadly farmers and truckers will get blamed for higher food costs so park you shiny JD or PETE behind the shelterbelt cause the media will be taking pictures for their usual slight on the story.

Comment

With the carbon tax increase and higher interest rates consumer prices will stay elevated while producer prices decline meaning we will be in permanent recession in the future. The good news is that is what will cure the scamdemic and the new green steal at the same time.

Comment

Trucking is still absorbing the carbon taxes, will probably take 12 months to trickle threw the system before rates change. Competitive industry.

Comment

I meant *through*

Comment

Stagflation.
                      Requires a concerted effort by the whole country to tackle. With everyone pulling a different direction there is no will to tackle stagflation. It would seem likely that the course we are on is the one we will continue on...
                      Not saying that some sectors will not be in a classic inflation scenario as consumers run from one shiny fishing hook to another. And those looking to protect their net worth try different asset mixes and acquisitions to make a profit. They will, but the economy as a whole will likely experience stagflation

Comment

Only shortages I saw on the weekend was parking space at most retail outlets in the city. Holy Moly!!!!!!

Comment

So low intrest and inflating prices.

The guy with the most money borrowed is the right plan for this situation?

Fix some intrest on loans?
                          Pay it back with inflated income?
                          Money in the bank buys less every day now?

Same question as Macdon but asked a different way?

Spend that cash quick before it's worthless!

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                            Trucking is still absorbing the carbon taxes, will probably take 12 months to trickle threw the system before rates change. Competitive industry.
                            Any trucking I get done there's a invoice in the mail 30 days or it's taken off my cattle check before I get it. Do wally and c-tire just pay at the end of the year ???????

Comment

How conveniently Evergreen plugged the Suez, one week of shipping lost, with hundreds of ships backed up. There will be some shortages in the near future and of coarse prices will have to go up.

Congestion will take 10-14 days to clear up!

Mortgages and loans are a steal, if your are financially sound don't let your borrowing power go to waste. Use their money and leave yours in the markets. Cdn Banks pay right now, a 4% dividends

If you want to sit and wait for the so called "restart or reset" as some of the experts are preaching on Agriville for the last 10 years, go right ahead.

All I say to them is it hard to sleep on that lumpy mattress full of worthless cash?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...