• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combine question

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combine question

Tired of the covid debate so here goes. Looking at updating my combine. Presently have a CR 9070, this combine works well and has treated me well. The problem is there aren’t very many New Holland’s available with the options I want, hours I want. I would like the stone roll, short feeder house so late model 2014 or newer and less than 1000 threshing hours. Seems to be more Case and John Deere’s available with less than 1000 threshing hours and priced under $300000. Just wondering everyone’s opinion on Case in 8230-8240 vs 9230-9240 vs John Deere S680 vs Cr8.90?! Thanks

I run a 8230 and 8240. If you need extra power due to hill or heavy crop you should probably go for the 9230 or 40. Each of our machines takes off 20 quarters and we are satisfied with 35 ft headers.

Comment

You can choose any model of harvester - they are all great. Only you need to individually assess your needs and, taking this into account, choose the model and configuration of the combine.

Comment

My experience only with 8120s and 9240.
        8120 notorious under powered. Most were chipped, some with bad results. Even 30s chipped, DO do your research!
        9240 awesome. Preferences if can would be options like folding tank, diff lock, and cruise control. I have the 120 blade chopper.
        The 40s have resolved the engine air issues like rad and air filter.
        Fuel and def consumption not bad for work done.
        Twin rotors likely more consistent in hard thresh wheat. But no reverser.
        Rotor style and configuration in Red can be a either or decision, no clear winner.
        We only grow wheat, barley, peas, canola.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          My experience only with 8120s and 9240.
          8120 notorious under powered. Most were chipped, some with bad results. Even 30s chipped, DO do your research!
          9240 awesome. Preferences if can would be options like folding tank, diff lock, and cruise control. I have the 120 blade chopper.
          The 40s have resolved the engine air issues like rad and air filter.
          Fuel and def consumption not bad for work done.
          Twin rotors likely more consistent in hard thresh wheat. But no reverser.
          Rotor style and configuration in Red can be a either or decision, no clear winner.
          We only grow wheat, barley, peas, canola.
          I ended up buying a 2014 8230 with 860 threshing hours. It has not been chipped as far as I can tell. I am curious about your comment about engine power. I am going from a CR 9070 to the 8230. My 9070 has the 10.3 Iveco which we had programmed to 510 hp. This has worked very well, we now run at 80-85 percent engine load instead of 100% and fuel consumption went down about 3 gallons per hour. My 8230 has the 12.9 litre Iveco. This same motor is in the 9230, I talked to my local Case service manager and he said the only difference between the 8230 and 9230 motor is programming. I appreciate that in the 40 series the 9240 has the bigger 15.9 litre Iveco motor. So long story short I can see no problem getting the 8230 programmed to 9230 specs, am I wrong?
          Last edited by Hamloc; May 1, 2021, 07:43.

Comment

Have no personal experience with the 12.3. The 10.9 was not enough. The 15 is noticeable. Cubes to hold at 80-85 smoothly. NOT planning any mods unless def gives grief in future. No replacement for displacement.
            You should be fine. Just do your homework on engine mod. Some are likely fine. Others are not.
            Actual reprogramming seems? to be the way to go rather than fooling sensors.
            The Steinbauer I put on my 10.9 was a disaster, my neighbor as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
              Tired of the covid debate so here goes. Looking at updating my combine. Presently have a CR 9070, this combine works well and has treated me well. The problem is there aren’t very many New Holland’s available with the options I want, hours I want. I would like the stone roll, short feeder house so late model 2014 or newer and less than 1000 threshing hours. Seems to be more Case and John Deere’s available with less than 1000 threshing hours and priced under $300000. Just wondering everyone’s opinion on Case in 8230-8240 vs 9230-9240 vs John Deere S680 vs Cr8.90?! Thanks
              The John Deere models of combine I have always found to be balanced and reliable, which is huge for me. Even when the weather is hard or there is extra horsepower needed, my 7 series is incredible and powers through. I used to have an older model that had the exact same dependability, and combined with some of the cool stuff you can do in the cab it's not really a comparison to me.

I got mine from https://deerequipment.com/ C & B Operations , and they have been really excellent at helping me with any modifications or parts I need. I would recommend checking them out.

Comment

I think that you can try to buy a new one. I understand the new machines are too expensive for your budget. A great solution would be to buy a used one. You can purchase https://www.kitmondo.com/ used machinery at any time, even before they are sold. The main reason is that you can often get a better deal on the machines than you would get through normal channels. This is especially true if you are buying appliances for use in your own business. I purchased from them a few things two years ago, and I am delighted with them.
                Last edited by esterfell; Jul 15, 2021, 01:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  Choose what you like best. You know better what your needs and tasks are.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.