• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR ON AGRICULTURE - what came for oil and gas is coming for ag.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR ON AGRICULTURE - what came for oil and gas is coming for ag.

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/2021/03/27/war-on-agriculture-2/ http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/2021/03/27/war-on-agriculture-2/

excerpts and links,

"One of the harder things to do with the doctrine coming from the left right now is to stop thinking of it as “insane” and start realizing it is meant to be strategic toward a terrible purpose."

He is not totally wrong here. Does it make sense for perishable bananas to be flown in overnight to superstore?

Slow floating grains to starving countries with big populations doesnt fall in that same category.

if you want to make a dent in emissions, would you give up bananas or your car. Easy choice.

Comment

Whoa. There it is.

And this: "It’s why the eco-Marxist Trudeau Liberals seem impervious to arguments that the escalating carbon tax will destroy western Canadian grain and beef production — it’s not a bug. It’s a feature."

And from the comments, this sickening truth:

Jamie MacMaster
      March 27, 2021 at 6:32 am

And here in Ontario, the farm organizations have “embraced” every bit of climate change nonsense. Stupid bastards – building the scaffold for their own hanging.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        He is not totally wrong here. Does it make sense for perishable bananas to be flown in overnight to superstore?

Slow floating grains to starving countries with big populations doesnt fall in that same category.

if you want to make a dent in emissions, would you give up bananas or your car. Easy choice.
        Who's to say whether it makes sense?

The starvation in most countries is political in cause, as much as environmental. I have a daughter that works in one of those countries. And from my observation and her accounting, it appears that the reason that people go hungry is because of catastrophic government failure.

With the means and technology available to alleviate climate-based food failures, there is far less reason for populations to starve.

I will concede on neither.

Because it's not about the impossible task of trying to mitigate the changing climate.

Comment

Should we be selling out and running before all this plays out?

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            Should we be selling out and running before all this plays out?
            I dont know about that, but you better be prepared to farm in a totally different way than we have been and be tolerant financially of a lot more regulation and scrutiny.

I am way ahead of Suzuki and crew. I could chem fallow my entire place forever and live off my stock dividends. Why be productive only to be punished.

Comment

Its gonna be one hungry world if these looneys have their way.

Comment

It’s easy look at chuck and think of everything he spouts on Agriville. This is the inspector that will come to your farms to harass You.

It’s all laid out and farmers are nit going to win.

We’re next after oil and they are coming faster than the zombie apocalypse

It’s time to fight back before it’s to late.

Comment

The world population is getting older and fewer are reproducing fewer offspring. The next 30 years will see rapid declines in population in the likes of Japan, Korea, and all of Europe. Barring India and sub Saharan Africa there will be fewer and older mouths to feed. Old people don’t eat much nor contribute to gdp. When my kids are middle aged demand for food and gdp will plummet.

Comment

Yes. Govts and eco nuts worried about carbon emissions, cow farts, and chemical use but have no problem flying fruit in on a 747. A lot of the food products these folks think we should be eating has so many miles on them vs what we produce at home. Imagine for a minute when China pollutes itself out of existence and those crap oranges they grow or tilapia are inedible. What if there aren’t enough strong backs and weak minds left to tend the fruits and vegetables in the San Joaquin valley? Or almond production in the desert run out of water.

Comment

How can cattle be any worse than buffalo, are they not ruminants as well, I could be wrong on that.
                      Millions roamed the prairies.
                      I cant imagine there are more cows
                      Than their were buffalo.

Comment

I just googled it. Turns out there were 50-60 million buffalo in 1800
                        Canadian cattle # around 7 million.
                        .even adding the US I cant see it being higher than the bison

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                          I just googled it. Turns out there were 50-60 million buffalo in 1800
                          Canadian cattle # around 7 million.
                          .even adding the US I cant see it being higher than the bison
                          Almost makes one think it really isn't about the cattle...

Comment

It isn't. They also want plant-based and man-made food and its gaining in stupid people. Some cant stand the taste of a great steak. You really have to be slow to think a veggie burger is actually good for you.

But that's the young and they are educated by Teachers with an agenda.

These same teachers buy up massive amounts of Saskatchewan land with their pensions.

If there were 50 million buffalo in 1800 and 7 million cattle. Cows aren't the problem. The problem is we let the crazies run Canada and California for way too long.

Now stupid is the new normal.

follow the money and you will see where the push is from.

Comment

Yes and the proof of humankind getting stupider is demonstrated right here on Agrisilly by the usual "angry" suspects, far right wing, conspiracy theorists, who can't deal with change!
                              Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 28, 2021, 11:11.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...