• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tremendous Pressure

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tremendous Pressure

Just finished watching the women's 100 m hurdles at the Olympics and the absolute heartbreaker for the heavy favorite - Canadian Perdita Felicien. She hit the first hurdle and went down hard, her Olympic gold dreams crashing around her. One's heart does break for her - she gave it her best and today it wasn't meant to be.

Kind of similar to what we go through in agriculture - we give it our best every day and some days it's just not meant to be. Still, we find the inner strength and resolve to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Things are probably as bad as they have ever been in the agriculture industry, yet we will find a way to prevail, just as our young Olympian will.

Let's all give ourselves a hug and a pat on the back for managing through these very tough times.

Tomorrow is another day.

One observation about this Olympic thing that I find similar to agriculture is how the media is all over the "Participants" if we or they don't preform as we should. All I heard in the first week was how disappointed they were about Canada's poor showing "Blah Blah Blah".

My comment is........... we (farmers) and they (athletes) should be proud of the usually unselfish efforts we go through to satisfy the bystanders. Like someone important said once (and I have no idea who) It is better to have participated (and tried), than do nothing but bitch as armchair quarterbacks.

Hurray to all those that try............ succeed or not, we have made the effort

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...