• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Court rules Ottawa's carbon tax is constitutional

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba clearly said in their constitutional case against the federal carbon tax that they agree that human caused climate change is real and a threat.

All 3 provinces have their own carbon tax on large emitters,. But somehow, through magic perhaps, Scott Moe's carbon tax on large emitters won't cause prices for consumers to rise? Not sure what the logic is behind that idea.

But Saskatchewan and Alberta are going to play more political games, waste more money, rather than designing an effective system that works for their respective provinces well into the future.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      But Saskatchewan and Alberta are going to play more political games, waste more money, rather than designing an effective system that works for their respective provinces well into the future.
      Political games? You mean like siphoning off a tax on one part for the country and rebating it to tuned out soccer moms in Toronto. Please explain it to me how that fixes fake climate change?

But on the good news front, the SCC gave us a backdoor win; if Trudeau can tax and rebate and redistribute, which is now constitutional, then we can too. Just lop it off at the pump and give it back to sask residents at tax time as a fake climate rebate.

Maybe we can even get some scammy cap and trade going like Quebec has.

Halleluiah, we are saved.

Comment

https://www.scc-csc.ca/case-dossier/cb/2021/38663-38781-39116-eng.aspx https://www.scc-csc.ca/case-dossier/cb/2021/38663-38781-39116-eng.aspx

The Supreme Courts Case in Brief:

Climate change is real

The Supreme Court also pointed out that all of the parties agree that global climate change is real. It’s caused by greenhouse gas emissions resulting from human activities and it poses a grave threat to the future of humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          Political games? You mean like siphoning off a tax on one part for the country and rebating it to tuned out soccer moms in Toronto. Please explain it to me how that fixes fake climate change?

But on the good news front, the SCC gave us a backdoor win; if Trudeau can tax and rebate and redistribute, which is now constitutional, then we can too. Just lop it off at the pump and give it back to sask residents at tax time as a fake climate rebate.

Maybe we can even get some scammy cap and trade going like Quebec has.

Halleluiah, we are saved.
          Its tax season bud. Check your tax return when you file it. Alberta and Saskatchewan residents get the highest carbon tax credits of any province. On average these residents get more back than they pay.

https://www.hrblock.ca/blog/what-is-the-climate-action-incentive-heres-how-it-affects-your-taxes/ https://www.hrblock.ca/blog/what-is-the-climate-action-incentive-heres-how-it-affects-your-taxes/

"After I pay the fuel charge and get the Climate Action Incentive rebate, how much money am I left with?

The government estimates that most families will continue to get more money back than they pay. According to the Department of Finance Canada, here’s what the average household might be left with after paying the fuel charge and getting the CAI rebate:
          Ontario $153
          Manitoba $243
          Saskatchewan $249

Alberta $355
          Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 26, 2021, 08:48.

Comment

Looks like they are just following the narrative that climate change is real. Last time I checked plants use co2. What happens when Bill Gates pumps a bunch of dust into the upper atmosphere to block out the sun and western Canadian crops get froze out in June. Is another tax going to fix that. There is already toooooo many taxes in this country.

Comment

"After I pay the fuel charge and get the Climate Action Incentive rebate, how much money am I left with?
              Gezus man, are you lost. Just on my home heating and power in the city like every other suburbanite, and nothing to do with the farm or gasoline, my carbon taxes are right now $50 a month on gas and elec use.

Is $600 less than $259? I mean we are talking climate math here so maybe it is.

Now lets see how much of a rebate I will get from the increases on my farm fuel, N and chemical. Bet those taxes are all going into friendly red ridings down east.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Gezus man, are you lost. Just on my home heating and power in the city like every other suburbanite, and nothing to do with the farm or gasoline, my carbon taxes are right now $50 a month on gas and elec use.

Is $600 less than $259? I mean we are talking climate math here so maybe it is.

Now lets see how much of a rebate I will get from the increases on my farm fuel, N and chemical. Bet those taxes are all going into friendly red ridings down east.
                You don't even know how much you get personally! LOL A family of 4 gets a $1000 credit in Sask.

And you are only paying $600 a year in carbon taxes on heating and electricity? You got an extra 400 to cover the rest. If you are driving farm vehicles you are not paying carbon tax on farm fuel.

Check the numbers in the link I provided. The numbers I quoted are averages of what will be rebated according to HR and Block.
                Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 26, 2021, 09:29.

Comment

You don't even know how much you get personally! LOL A family of 4 gets a $1000 credit in Sask.

And you are only paying $600 a year in carbon taxes on heating and electricity? You got an extra 400 to cover the rest. If you are driving farm vehicles you are not paying carbon tax on farm fuel.

Check the numbers in the link I provided. The numbers I quoted are averages of what will be rebated according to HR and Block.
                  This has been thoroughly discussed before, but, so the carbon tax on freight doesn't translate into higher prices of goods? Like groceries and other retail items? What about the carbon tax on the heat and power of my suppliers? Dealerships, automotive supply, grocery stores, input suppliers? Do they get a rebate?

So yes Joe Citizen gets a rebate that likely covers close to the visible tax they pay but not even close to the amount that they indirectly pay.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                    This has been thoroughly discussed before, but, so the carbon tax on freight doesn't translate into higher prices of goods? Like groceries and other retail items? What about the carbon tax on the heat and power of my suppliers? Dealerships, automotive supply, grocery stores, input suppliers? Do they get a rebate?

So yes Joe Citizen gets a rebate that likely covers close to the visible tax they pay but not even close to the amount that they indirectly pay.
                    You nailed it!

The slimiest part of the whole Carbon Tax is that it's hidden !

Chumps like chuck have know idea how much they're paying because it's imbedded in the price, hidden away, so that people who are clueless about manufacturing or shipping or intricacies of retail, are left in ignorant bliss with their cheque.

Comment

Like thier cheque!!!
                      All that matters these days.
                      The best governmint sends sends.

Comment

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-saskatchewan-alberta-eye-new-measures-after-losing-carbon-pricing/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-saskatchewan-alberta-eye-new-measures-after-losing-carbon-pricing/

"But Mr. Kenney’s United Conservative government may also maintain the status quo by keeping the federal consumer charge that was imposed on Alberta through a 2018 law on any province or territory that didn’t develop its own carbon-pricing plan.

“Obviously I don’t like it. I fought it. But if there is any virtue in the federal approach, it’s that 90 per cent of those revenues at least notionally go back in rebates to people,” Mr. Kenney said Friday during a Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors event.

“We’re keeping an open mind, but the bottom line is we want to minimize costs to Albertans and our economy.”

Kenney and Moe should try to use the same talking points. Moe is all bluster and using political bullshit to deceive.

Kenney seems to be more honest than Scotty Moe who refuses to aknowledge that 90% of the federal carbon tax goes back to consumers.

Moe then goes on to BS by overstating the impact on Saskatchewan's economy. And suggest that we are going to get our rebate right at the pump which isn't going to happen because it defeats the purpose of the price on carbon.

How do you lie like that in the middle of tax season when taxpayers are filling out their tax return that gives the average family more back than they currently pay in carbon taxes?

Comment

This is about Ottawa trying to transfer wealth it has **** all to do with climate chuck you understand that right.

The judges went three that get it to 6 that are liberal hacks.

Come on follow the money already.

Chuck do you get paid from Ottawa by the week or month. Because you are on a lot of platforms and always are the dummy pushing this bS with nothing more than cut and paste.

Comment

SF, Kenney just admitted 90% of the federal carbon tax goes back to Albertans. So how is that a wealth transfer out of the province of any significance?
                            Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 27, 2021, 07:28.

Comment

SCC has violated the constitution and is now a corrupt institution more concerned with political posturing than real legal arguments. Another institution destroyed by Trudeau et al.

The SCC didnt even bother to look at the arguments regarding climate change, the just swallowed the govt line. And somehow it took these retards 6 months to render this decision.

Now the feds can insert themselves into any provincial matter because these SCC idiots have set a precedent.

Comment

" The SCC has violated the constitution"? Whaaaaat?

The provinces were arguing against the carbon tax on constitutional grounds!

None of the provinces were saying that human caused climate is not real! Details Details.... So why would the SCC rule on climate change? LOL

"The Supreme Court also pointed out that all of the parties agree that global climate change is real. It’s caused by greenhouse gas emissions resulting from human activities and it poses a grave threat to the future of humanity."

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...