• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ritchie Bros Regina Sale.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritchie Bros Regina Sale.

What’s the price forecast for March 23 sale?
    Lots of iron all lined up.
    What’s going to be the hot items?

Higher than Justin

Comment

There seems to be money around (or at least good borrowing availablity) so I think sales are going to be high this spring. June sales might be a different story if it doesn't start raining.

Comment

Look in the Agdealer magazine that comes for prices and then you will notice that the used auction market will be hot. No deals this spring unless it’s junk

Comment

I quit looking at auctions for main ticket items ages ago. Waste of time.
          Factories are selling all they make a year ahead of time. Logical new price increases driving used price.
          Auctions for secondary equipment another matter for quick access and inventory. But RB sets the price and will still be retail.
          Hoping there aren't too many out there wishing for a return of the 80s just to say I told you so. Making them feel good watching stuff sell for half price.
          Even at that, the internet has forever changed the auction system. And how dealers do business alongside.
          Seems the $/hr cost is what it is.
          On combines at least, I place a $20k value on dealer support based on my experiences.

Comment

Are farmers being played? machining up and grabbing land like there is a 10 yr bull run on grains on the way.

Anyway, here are the results of the Regina auction coming through. Some older low hr tractors went for a good price, maybe even less than original purchase, and some houred out combines went cheap.

https://www.rbauction.com/regina-sk?keywords=&auction_key=REGINA%2C%20SK%20-%20Mar%2023%2C%202021&sort=lot_asc&category=342899 53942

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_2ab4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	770887
              holy shit

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                [/ATTACH]
                holy shit
                Instead of auctioning your equipment, just park it in the shed for 30 yrs. Thats a better return that holding wheat or gold for 30 yrs.

Comment

Not a RB sale but think this might beat the craziness of the 2290. Rosehill sale by Calgary.

Comment

I wonder if the new owner of that 4440 realizes it has 13000 hrs on it , not 3000.

Comment

Originally posted by Maver View Post
                      I wonder if the new owner of that 4440 realizes it has 13000 hrs on it , not 3000.
                      Doesn't matter ...it is rebuildable and reliable...in a local mechanics shop for one tenth the price of new.

I know of a 1982 ..looks almost identical with only 8500hours...wasn't worth that 57000 when dad bought it used 30 years ago.

Crazy.

Comment

Newer isn't always cheaper or more reliable but......
                        If your operation justifies the need.
                        Then payments are cheaper than parts. Only new is new, not rebuilt.
                        Lower hour used a better deal imho than overhauling any day.
                        And yes I know there are individuals who are exceptions to this rule.
                        But I've overhauled several in my career and will stand by my theory.

Hobby farms and acreages can do whatever they want.

Comment

I had a 4430 and 4555 both over the 10000hr mark. Would have been smarter to buy new than continually fix everything on them. Rubber,steel plastic it all ages and goes to shit. Down time certainly costs something too.

Comment

My 4230 and 4640 each have about 7000 hours. I’m richer than I think! Lol

Comment

Maver, tell me about it.
                              Steiger tranny went a year after the last payment and now 3 years after that, the cam goes. Paid for that sob twice.
                              Didn't learn my lesson from the 80s and 90s when *** with high hour deere's I guess.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...