• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deadline approaching: Ottawa wants answer from Prairies on AgriStability program

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Toss it right in the dumpster, add the funds to crop insurance.

If we had a drought on the scale of the 1930s that program still wouldnt pay out a dime. Its a waste.
    Absolutely correct Jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
      Absolutely correct Jazz.
      Not one farm organization is asking for that and its not going to happen. So why would you turn down very good improvements? Sask and Manitoba like the changes they are just concerned about paying for them.

Comment

I hope the powers at be, have a look at your moisture map before they decide crude oil is unsustainable and take us down a path of veg oil based fuels.... the canola chart says they didn't look.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Not one farm organization is asking for that and its not going to happen. So why would you turn down very good improvements? Sask and Manitoba like the changes they are just concerned about paying for them.
          They are not improvements, they are just putting the program back to where it was prior to 2013...almost..

I repeat they are not improvements and for it to be considered as such is stupid.

Comment

Improvements on paper do not improve bankability. It doesn't matter how much funding they add or tweak the wording, the formula and reference margin is the problem.

Crop insurance has a similar problem, but at least they are bankable in current yr disaster and always have coverage for spring mishaps like establishment from flooding or beetles. And you dont have to submit another layer of accounting records to qualify or pay out. Everything is adjusted on the ground in near real time.

Comment

A5, you have provided more than your fair share of silly.

What are your thoughts on the proposed changes to Agristability?
              Well thanks for asking.
              I am not in Agristability or crop insurance. I don't want a fiscally and morally corrupt government subsidizing farmers or any other business.

I support personal responsibility, and taking measured risk, not dependance on the nanny state. Subsidies, insurance and supports have had the opposite effect to what is intended. Taking away the risk only allows the big to get bigger faster, and I believe you are against that.

Comment

I also want to add that all Of these government programs easily turn into a carrot and stick , As they try to find ways to enforce their Definition of sustainability and Emissions regulations.
                To take advantage of these programs will probably mean Enrolling in every other harebrained scheme they come up with in the name of the environment. We will end up throwing good money after bad chasing an ever moving goal post, with still no chance of seeing a return on investment.
                If Chuck and by extension the NFU are in support, then we should be running the other way.

Comment

[ATTACH]7681[/ATTACH]

Less than an inch of soil moisture in the red zone and less than 2 inches in the pink zone.
                  Great timing for a massive increase in carbon tax on farmers 👎

Comment

lots on here are good with it ?
                    gotta wonder WTF is rattling around in their F KN heads
                    Canada a country which is a natural sink , one of the most highly regulated in the world and one of the cleanest ??? how can these Sheeple be so simple as to not realize its just a liberano cash grab ??????
                    meanwhile numbnut's pals are building record amounts of coal fired generators

Comment

Imagine paying your premiums and application fees and doing all the paperwork every year for these programs. Then learning that if you have removed a tree, and fixed a pothole, or performed tillage, or applied fertilizer or pesticide without government prescription, or removed perrenial hayland, didn't plant a cover crop, wrong rotation, used out of date equipment without proper emissions controls, etc etc. that you cannot collect for a certain period after that infraction. Meanwhile, you don't want to lose the investment already made into the programs, so spend even more trying to meet the increasingly stringent and illogical regulations, which keep becoming ever harder to meet.
                      I can't see this federal government, or Chuck and friends being in favour of anything that might help western farmers out, so one can safely assume that this is the end game.

Comment

Article in March 25th Western Producer front page " Agristability Showdown Continues" lists numerous organizations supporting the proposed improvements to Agristability.

Among them, The Canadian Cattlemens Association, Canadian Federation of Agriculture, Canadian Pork Council, Provincial Commodity Organizations including 11 commodity Associations in Alberta.

Name one farm organization that says we shouldn't accept the proposed interim improvements to Agristability? I don't know of any opposed, but if there are point them out.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Imagine paying your premiums and application fees and doing all the paperwork every year for these programs. Then learning that if you have removed a tree, and fixed a pothole, or performed tillage, or applied fertilizer or pesticide without government prescription, or removed perrenial hayland, didn't plant a cover crop, wrong rotation, used out of date equipment without proper emissions controls, etc etc. that you cannot collect for a certain period after that infraction. Meanwhile, you don't want to lose the investment already made into the programs, so spend even more trying to meet the increasingly stringent and illogical regulations, which keep becoming ever harder to meet.
                          I can't see this federal government, or Chuck and friends being in favour of anything that might help western farmers out, so one can safely assume that this is the end game.
                          Agreed AB5, when I was in the program I concluded that in some ways the government was smarter than me because I was paying money to give them all my information in hopes of a few dollars. Certainly am glad I left the program and I haven’t missed the paperwork lol!

Comment

Name one farm organization that says we shouldn't accept the proposed interim improvements to Agristability? I don't know of any opposed, but if there are point them out.

Comment

its a *** waste of time and money , needs to get flushed

Comment

All they have to do is go back to 2011 program regs. Income + inventory + (payables/receivables). How could it be easier? I just set up a spreadsheet with this basic information, enter information as soon as you have it and filling out the forms is a 15 minute job.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.