• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market Bubbles: How Many Boats are We On?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are bubbles beginning to pop?

1. Lumber futures down 50% Price of 2X4's on the way down.
    2. Crypto washout . . . down nearly 50% recently. Bitcoin recovery to above $40,000. Can it hold?
    3. Corn down nearly 10%, Wheat breaking, soy/palm oil sliding
    4. Box beef prices sliding seasonally
    5. Gold breaking recent uptrend . Retest $1,800?
    6. Copper now off 8 percent from recent highs.

What glue continues to hold?
    1. Equities still foraging at record highs.
    2. Real estate insanity continues.
    3. Crude oil $70 plus . . . summer driving demand supporting.

Fed meeting this week . . . funds concerned that Chair Powell may mention the word 'taper'. Volatile week possible . . . .
    Last edited by errolanderson; Jun 14, 2021, 21:33.

Comment

Iron ore, lumber, ocean freight, next oil? Some base-line global commodity bubbles have already burst and/or near their tipping point.

China debt bubble now pressuring some asset values. Freight washout is likely triggered due to reduced manufacturing and the Asia financial market stress caused by unravelling debt pressures. U.S. also appears on-the-cusp of fallout (IMO)

Comment

Let hope that fertilizer and farm herbicides are next
        Otherwise with industry will bankrupt remaining farms next year

Comment

If we had normal crop yields around the world, the prices would have dropped just like the other commodities mentioned. Those commodities have already ramped up supply and dropped price. Crop cycles are slow, I think there is potential to hold grain prices at 85-115% of todays values until next summer. Oil also looks to be priced well until production gets ramped up again in 3-4 months.

But as much as I think grain prices are well supported and potential is there for a run higher, I did sell 70% of my production at todays values as I think it is a very decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
            Iron ore, lumber, ocean freight, next oil? Some base-line global commodity bubbles have already burst and/or near their tipping point.

China debt bubble now pressuring some asset values. Freight washout is likely triggered due to reduced manufacturing and the Asia financial market stress caused by unravelling debt pressures. U.S. also appears on-the-cusp of fallout (IMO)
            They are called trailing stops.... use them

Comment

sold non GMO canola for $22.48 today picked up
              rallying pretty good

Comment

Rate hikes starting to appear globally. Norway, now New Zealand added to list. Believe 5 year mortgages here up about 30 points in the past few days. Not much, but up . . . .

Any rate hikes are a risk-to-asset bubbles, including equities.

Also, watch copper . . . . If price breakdown continues, this is significant globally (IMO).
                Last edited by errolanderson; Oct 6, 2021, 01:44.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  sold non GMO canola for $22.48 today picked up
                  rallying pretty good
                  Sold the rest of my canola ( what there was of it ) yesterday USA bean crop pegged at 50 bu ave. and South American seeding going OK. Plus USA finding more beans from last year in the bins AGAIN.

Comment

Comment from Moscow analyst Andrey Sizov . . . .

Iowa farmland price hit a new record-high of $26,000/acre ($65.000/ha) To put this into perspective - 1-2 years ago prices were around $10,000/acre....and the best Russian farmland currently is around 30X cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                      Sold the rest of my canola ( what there was of it ) yesterday USA bean crop pegged at 50 bu ave. and South American seeding going OK. Plus USA finding more beans from last year in the bins AGAIN.
                      If La Niña continues it could put sa crops in jeopardy as much as our crops in western Canada. I’m not holding my breath but looks like another drought year coming by how everything is lining up.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                        Comment from Moscow analyst Andrey Sizov . . . .

Iowa farmland price hit a new record-high of $26,000/acre ($65.000/ha) To put this into perspective - 1-2 years ago prices were around $10,000/acre....and the best Russian farmland currently is around 30X cheaper.
                        and russia is a much easier more free place to do business
                        were being regulated out of existence
                        russia open for business
                        we are closing

Comment

russia open for business
                          we are closing
                          Isn't Russia constantly putting export tariffs on everything, wouldn't really call that a free market, or even the land of opportunity. Could a Canadian move there, buy farmland and start farming. Genuine question as I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
                            Isn't Russia constantly putting export tariffs on everything, wouldn't really call that a free market, or even the land of opportunity. Could a Canadian move there, buy farmland and start farming. Genuine question as I have no idea.
                            Id give Bill Browder and his Red Notice a skim over if you ponder what investing in Russia is like.

Comment

Russia a good place to invest? Ya if you’re
                              Paying Putin a percentage of what you make maybe
                              But other than that if you make good money
                              You can bet on disappearing one night.

Comment

russia open for business
                                we are closing
                                Come on Case, it's Thanksgiving weekend and you're more than likely going to sit down with all your wonderful family for a meal fit for the Royal's and you think of Russia as a "much easier more free" country?

Had a driver of the trucking company we use, who immigrated from South Africa three years ago and was a farmer, tell me yesterday us Canadian farmers don't know how lucky we are.

We Canadian's living in the wide open country landscape should never forget that.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving meal, I know I will.
                                Last edited by foragefarmer; Oct 9, 2021, 07:40.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...