• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing stupid???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordy2323 View Post
    No way big pharma let's this hit the market. .
    Dont even have to wait for big pharma.

https://ktxs.com/news/nation-world/nasal-sprays-and-mouthwash-show-promise-in-preventing-covid-19-infections

World might have spent trillions when a $25 dollar treatment was right in the pharmacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordy2323 View Post
      No way big pharma let's this hit the market. Especially now that they are working on convincing people they will need a perpetual booster shot every six months.

However if variants will continually be the fear, then this is the answer. This would be equally as effective on any strain.
      The vaccine can't say that.

Enough already.

The world has suffered in many ways for over a year fighting this disease in sometimes harsh economic and social measures. Despite the missteps; and sometimes half hearted and even deliberate sabotage efforts more than half a million Americans and 23000 Canadians have died and tens of millions suffered to lesser extents. But many still can't relate.

Now there are effective vaccines that ill informed people are panning. There is no arguing their benefits outweigh any risks. Again .... Get real.

Look at the history written about the 1918 influenza pandemic. For those Tr****bists who believe it was a 1917 date....look at the 1917 accounts. When you find nothing in the newspapers then look at the next 2 years to see where the waves of deaths and suffering occurred.

Get real for a change. This isn't over and vaccines; maybe booster and annual shots too; along with the masking and social distancing measures are the best current ways out. And the world is a big place that can bring in a Brazilian or Californian or British variant that can all but start the cycle over from the initial cases maybe originating from some seafood market. You've seen what good blaming a source does for anyone...or again NOT>

Nasal sprays would be great; but we must all work with what we've got. And where is it available and is it "safe" and effective. And just why would a similar RNA nasal spray be any safer for any anti vaxxer. Idiocy and poor reasoning to the extreme..... Don't you remembera formerUSA president promoting bleach and disinfectants internally in human bodies. That will remain a classic.. will it not? Such people must bere infected with some special additional disease.

Anyone's fear of needles are their own phobias; except when those people are lepers who should be banned to a colony when they refuse to do their part in protecting the rest of their "species".

But then again who is sure that conspiraciists don't have some genes that make them differ from what hopefully is called humankind.

This thread is disturbing. There's a way too much unacceptable thought being expressed. Right up to the point that its dangerous to be repeating conspiracy plots and disinformation.

Of course no firmly held beliefs will be changed by a few responses; but these opinions must be thoroughly discounted. Or Not???

And make no mistake about the power of being overfed a diet of lies and deception. On the contrary I could repeat a story about a business associate (70 plus years old) who hours ago confided he had never received a vaccine in his life. You see his couple year old brother died after receiving a vaccine and so his parents made this decision for him when he was young.

Long story short; an hour later in the discussion he enquired about the vaccine registration process and he indicated that he would be talking to his computer savvy grandson

And that dear reader is just about the sole reason I am refuted the outright bullshit and dangerous information largely discussed in this particular thread.

Except another case of "elderly" friends who just booked their vaccine dates in less than 2 weeks time. And I have concluded that while they might still vote as a Trumpuist; when confronted with right circumstances; they weighed risks to benefits and made their decision.

Too ****ing bad everyone didn't have the same common sense and brain capacity. FIX STUPID.
      Last edited by oneoff; Mar 17, 2021, 05:41.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
        Enough already.

The world has suffered in many ways for over a year fighting this disease in sometimes harsh economic and social measures. Despite the missteps; and sometimes half hearted and even deliberate sabotage efforts more than half a million Americans and 23000 Canadians have died and tens of millions suffered to lesser extents. But many still can't relate.

Now there are effective vaccines that ill informed people are panning. There is no arguing their benefits outweigh any risks. Again .... Get real.

Look at the history written about the 1918 influenza pandemic. For those Tr****bists who believe it was a 1917 date....look at the 1917 accounts. When you find nothing in the newspapers then look at the next 2 years to see where the waves of deaths and suffering occurred.

Get real for a change. This isn't over and vaccines; maybe booster and annual shots too; along with the masking and social distancing measures are the best current way out. And the world is a big place that can bring a Brazilian or Californian or British variant in that can all but starts the cycle over fro one case from maybe a seafood market. You've seen what good blaming a source does for anyone...or again NOT>

Nasal sprays would be great; but we must all work with what we've got. And where is it available and does is it effective. And just why would a similar RNA nasal spray be any safer for an anti vaxxer. Idiocy and poor reasoning to the extreme..... Don't you remember that former president promoting bleach and disinfectants internally in human bodies. That will remain a classic.. will it not? Those people are infected with some special additional disease.

Anyones fear of needles are their own phobias; except when those people are lepers who should be banned to a colony when they refuse to do their part in protecting the rest of their "species".

But then again who is sure that conspiraciists don't have some genes that make them differ from what hopefully is called humankind.

This thread is disturbing. There's a way too much unacceptable thought being expressed. Right up to the point that its dangerous to be repeating conspiracy plots and disinformation.

Of course no firmly held beliefs will be changed by a few responses; but these opinions must be thoroughly discounted. Or Not???

Oneoff, you are quickly tossing any credibility you may ever have had right out the window.

Because of your dogmatic dismissal of any other thoughts as being unacceptable, the only opinion being discounted is your own.

And didn't you say you're done with this thread? Farewell.

Comment

What I have written is a slam on many of the posters to this thread. My opinion is that someone should speak truth to dangerous beliefs.

Hopefully all others will consider all the comments when making their decisions

Comment

Enough already.

Get real for a change. This isn't over and vaccines; maybe booster and annual shots too; along with the masking and social distancing measures are the best current ways out. And the world is a big place that can bring in a Brazilian or Californian or British variant that can all but start the cycle over from the initial cases maybe originating from some seafood market. You've seen what good blaming a source does for anyone...or again NOT>

Nasal sprays would be great; but we must all work with what we've got. And where is it available and is it "safe" and effective. And just why would a similar RNA nasal spray be any safer for any anti vaxxer. Idiocy and poor reasoning to the extreme..... Don't you remembera formerUSA president promoting bleach and disinfectants internally in human bodies. That will remain a classic.. will it not? Such people must bere infected with some special additional disease.

Anyone's fear of needles are their own phobias; except when those people are lepers who should be banned to a colony when they refuse to do their part in protecting the rest of their "species".

And make no mistake about the power of being overfed a diet of lies and deception. On the contrary I could repeat a story about a business associate (70 plus years old) who hours ago confided he had never received a vaccine in his life. You see his couple year old brother died after receiving a vaccine and so his parents made this decision for him when he was young.

Long story short; an hour later in the discussion he enquired about the vaccine registration process and he indicated that he would be talking to his computer savvy grandson

And that dear reader is just about the sole reason I am refuted the outright bullshit and dangerous information largely discussed in this particular thread.

Except another case of "elderly" friends who just booked their vaccine dates in less than 2 weeks time. And I have concluded that while they might still vote as a Trumpuist; when confronted with right circumstances; they weighed risks to benefits and made their decision.

Too ****ing bad everyone didn't have the same common sense and brain capacity. FIX STUPID.
            You sound like a child, but I assume you're an adult...
            So the choice is yours whether to get the shot or not. Just like it should be the choice of people who choose not to.
            You're questioning a nasal sprays safety, meanwhile a dozen countries suspended a vaccine over safety concerns.
            The absolute question nothing, full speed ahead, pro-vaxxers don't do their cause any favors, by bringing politics or name calling into their promotion. And attempting to belittle and dismiss the concerns of the legitimate skeptic, helps nothing either.

Comment

I'm a sucker for your punishment. The nasal sprays referred to actually have molecular iodine active components which have antiviral properties lasting about 6 hours in the nasaal cavities. Taken multiple times each day for the last year for supposed Covid protection did any patient wonder about the real possibility of iodine toxicty. Also did virus laden air that went staight to the lungs get sufficient iodine from lung tissue to kill those virus particals?

This is exactly what the former US president overlooked and was referring to with his disinfectant and bleach reference.
              You really do have to quit promoting dangerous ideas.

Comment

Actually this thread is quite enlightening to see people still gripped in irrational fear because the media has ramped up its covid coverage again now that trump is gone.

Covid turned out to be about 4 times deadlier than the annual flu which we already have a vaccine for. Some cassandras were predicting 400M deaths due to their extensive knowledge of exponential functions.

Are you saying covid deaths will go to zero if we get vaccinated? Because that certainly doesnt jive with our experience in flu still with an estimated 640k deaths per yr. That sounds much like the same argument about 2 weeks to flatten the curve and we will stop the spread if we just lock in the closet.

If the govt wants widespread adoption of their version 1.0 tech, then all they need to do is state the obvious benefits beyond not killing grandma who should already be protected anyway. Can we travel? Can we ditch the mask? Can we drop the social distancing and see family? Does the fing vaccine even stop transmission of the virus? That would be an important thing to study now wouldnt it.

I am waiting to see what the first country to be 100% vaccinated starts saying. UK is coming up to that in a few months. Lets see what the message is after that.
                Last edited by jazz; Mar 17, 2021, 07:36.

Comment

I'm a sucker for your punishment. The nasal sprays referred to actually have molecular iodine active components which have antiviral properties lasting about 6 hours in the nasaal cavities. Taken multiple times each day for the last year for supposed Covid protection did any patient wonder about the real possibility of iodine toxicty. Also did virus laden air that went staight to the lungs get sufficient iodine from lung tissue to kill those virus particals?

This is exactly what the former US president overlooked and was referring to with his disinfectant and bleach reference.
                  Looking at the way you think I'm betting your whole life is like a one big punishment as you fail daily interacting with people kind. And be careful of those thought crimes lol

Comment

I came back to this thread to see if "stupid" had been fixed, but I see it hasn't. You are still here talking about Trump!

Comment

This discussion is about questioning a sense of reality.

Go ahead and have the last word.
                      Last edited by oneoff; Mar 17, 2021, 07:44.

Comment

This discussion is about questioning a sense of reality.

Go ahead and have the lat word.

Haha. I don't identify with your twisted "reality".

Comment

I did a little reading on the spray. My understanding is it's a method to reduce the virus load before it enters the lungs. Early, faster and more convenient testing would be required. The use of the spray to kill the virus after positive tests and before the infection gets out of hand in a persons body could be game changer.

It's not some continual use prevention tool or a replacement for vaccines/immunity.
                          Last edited by Dr Tone; Mar 17, 2021, 08:37.

Comment

If you can’t figure it out Oneoff then have a good life. Yesterday’s news, Regina should be locked down because 101 cases of “likely” dangerous variants, maybe. They don’t have an f—-in clue and they want to lock down Regina and neighbouring communities. They are urging people not to come to Regina but they don’t know what they are testing for. Such a scam! What can we do to scare these lemmings? People are losing their livelihood and businesses and they are talking let’s clamp down on a “maybe” “likely” scenario.
                            Last edited by sumdumguy; Mar 17, 2021, 08:29.

Comment

One off started this thread looking for friction. Now he wants to end it.
                              Not my monkey but here's my view from the highway.
                              Typical human behaviors prevail no matter how civilized or educated we think we are. Internet threads read like turn of last century street rag headlines. Usually when enough people die we change things.
                              Every rural cemetery has a cluster of graves in the corner dated 1918. No vaccine till the forties. Mostly forgotten by 1920 in NA.
                              This go around it was our health system we were trying to protect. Rather than quarantine people in their homes to live or die, they went to the hospital. Instead of daily body wagons we had reefer vans.

I would like to know what it is we think we have learned. What would govts do different?
                              Because I believe certain restrictions obviously helped. I will take a vaccine when perhaps the JJ one available at my convenience.
                              But was it necessary for draconian restrictions. Did it take a near war time compliance to spread enough fear to get the crowd to follow. Perhaps.
                              But will elderly couples need to be separated at end of life events next time?
                              Will govt mental health services be frozen for a year next time?
                              Will people in certain treatment programs be booted to the street next time? Will schools be open so erratically our kids are set back a year and a half again?? Thank goodness for UFA farm stores. For a while it was the only place in the City of Camrose to take a shit.

How do you get nurses and teachers to go to work if it's hazardous?

Tough balance lives and deaths when you don't have all the info. Complex problems.
                              I can think of a few redos here.
                              But let's move forward before people start climbing water towers. And let's try to reread what we write on internet before we hit send. Trump wouldn't have been so dangerous then

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post

How do you get nurses and teachers to go to work if it's hazardous?

Tough balance lives and deaths when you don't have all the info. Complex problems.
                                You just touched on a very real issue there - a recent projection here shows that nurses and medical people are on the verge of quitting en masse within the next 6 months.

Seems they are getting tired of having a stick rammed up their nostrils 2, and even 3 times weekly. Hmm, why would they mind that? Especially since there is no stated target or goal, other than following ineffective measures instituted by apparently-inept and flip-flopping bureaucrats?

Can anyone blame the healthcare workers for refusing to take this so-called vaccine when their training would tell them that it's a global-scale experiment?

Who can blame them if they reach a point where they say enough is enough. And what happens when the health care system collapses for a lack of workers, as some in the loop are now predicting will happen within these next 6 months?

But the PM and premiers are for the most part doubling down with an iron fist.

Some cruel and unusual punishment has been meted out by a health care and LTC system which has unevenly and unjustifiably applied severe visiting rules which cause the elderly well to give up and die of loneliness, while the dementia-stricken ones - it's just another day.

Which is exactly what's happening to a woman and her family whom I have known for decades, right now.

So yes, incomplete information to a point.

But over 1 year later, should the decision makers not have to admit that their info has long been identifiable as misinformation?

"I'm from the government and I AM GOD with power over your life and death..."

If you wanted to breed widespread anarchy or insurrection, you'd have a hard time doing better than the Canadian government and bureaucracy has done.

Why did some countries take a lighter approach with equal or better results and less damage?

Is the disaster we are looking at not a product of our "big government knows best" approach?

JT has blood on his hands.
                                Last edited by burnt; Mar 17, 2021, 09:49.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.