• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDC study finds roughly 78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDC study finds roughly 78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese

Well look at that, now we are getting the true picture of this scamdemic. Now what about those comorbidities and smokers and vapers and CPAPers?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/covid-cdc-study-finds-roughly-78percent-of-people-hospitalized-were-overweight-or-obese.html CDC study finds roughly 78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese

Now you know why the 3rd world was unaffected by this and US hit disproportionately.

It'll be interesting to see if the fact checkers get busy with this story once someone posts it on Facebook.

Comment

DML will fact check it , won’t he ??....

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        DML will fact check it , won’t he ??....
        I have no reason to doubt the study. I have not read the study and do not intend to. I did follow the link and it adds some very important information to the sensational headline that Jazz posted. Critically read these two statements from the article:
        -Of those who were admitted, 27.8% were overweight and 50.2% were obese, according to the CDC report.
        -Just over 42% of the U.S. population was considered obese in 2018, according to the agency’s most recent statistics.

So if over 42% of the population is obese, you would expect at least that percentage of patients suffering from Covid to be obese; especially since obesity is a health risk and hinders medical treamtmet. And what do you know, 50% of the patients were obese, almost the same percentage as obeseity in the population. Another possible conclusion that could be drawen is the real contributor to US Covid problems is that nearly half the US population is obese.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
          I have no reason to doubt the study. I have not read the study and do not intend to. I did follow the link and it adds some very important information to the sensational headline that Jazz posted. Critically read these two statements from the article:
          -Of those who were admitted, 27.8% were overweight and 50.2% were obese, according to the CDC report.
          -Just over 42% of the U.S. population was considered obese in 2018, according to the agency’s most recent statistics.

So if over 42% of the population is obese, you would expect at least that percentage of patients suffering from Covid to be obese; especially since obesity is a health risk and hinders medical treamtmet. And what do you know, 50% of the patients were obese, almost the same percentage as obeseity in the population. Another possible conclusion that could be drawen is the real contributor to US Covid problems is that nearly half the US population is obese.
          You beat me to it. I saw the headline and looked up the stats before I opened the thread. Healthline.com claims 69% of US adults are overweight or obese. Not a far stretch from 78%. Adjust that for age, and people generally gain weight with age( up to a point). I don't think the 78% means anything other than it occurred in the US.

Comment

In even simpler terms, if 2/3 to 3/4 of your population are "fat" then it will not be surprising to find 3/4s of the patients suffering from Covid are "fat"

Comment

Farmers are not exempt from being over weight.

With all the modern day technology and the lack of physical activity how many on Agriville feel they are over weight and maybe obese?

Let's face it very few are shoveling shit or grain or pitching small squares anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                Farmers are not exempt from being over weight.

With all the modern day technology and the lack of physical activity how many on Agriville feel they are over weight and maybe obese?

Let's face it very few are shoveling shit or grain or pitching small squares anymore.
                Some of us still get more than enough exercise on the farm, and shovel grain, among other things, no small squares fortunately. And eat healthy. Still the same pants size as when I was in high school, a long time ago.
                I can't figure out how anyone could get out of shape in this line of work, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Comment

Why is this a shock. I’m not a doctor or a virologist and I knew obesity was going to be a big player in this (and any other pandemic).

Think of the people you know who are overweight and now think of how healthy they seem and what other health issues you know they have. Of course they’re a highly vulnerable population.

Of course the US was going to get hit hard because of their obese population.

None of this is news.

Poor diets are the biggest drivers behind health issues. If you aren’t eating healthy, how are you going to be healthy?

Or in cow terms, because this is me;

Keep the rumen healthy, keep the cow healthy.

AB5 I just got a bunch of idiot squares a couple weeks ago. Next time I’ve got a load I’ll happily give you a heads up to come help? It’s wonderful fun! Really..........

Comment

So lets review this message from a year ago. Tell the vulnerable which are people who are obese with commorbities to shelter into their home and stock up on supplies (aka food) and watch the cable news covid ticker all day and night. Wonder what happened to that group? Maybe gained more weight and became more inactive? By all accounts smoking and drinking and vaping and cannibas usage are up and fast food sales have skyrocketed.

Now contrast that with just addressing people who are mostly at risk, telling them that a vaccine could be yrs away and they need to get their health in order in the next yr, meaning shed some weight, get moving, stop smoking, eating better upping vit D and zinc.

Just think of the health impact that would have had if someone like that weasel faucci put that message on the airwaves 12 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      So lets review this message from a year ago. Tell the vulnerable which are people who are obese with commorbities to shelter into their home and stock up on supplies (aka food) and watch the cable news covid ticker all day and night. Wonder what happened to that group? Maybe gained more weight and became more inactive? By all accounts smoking and drinking and vaping and cannibas usage are up and fast food sales have skyrocketed.

Now contrast that with just addressing people who are mostly at risk, telling them that a vaccine could be yrs away and they need to get their health in order in the next yr, meaning shed some weight, get moving, stop smoking, eating better upping vit D and zinc.

Just think of the health impact that would have had if someone like that weasel faucci put that message on the airwaves 12 months ago.
                      Do you think sanding skating rinks, closing parks, curfews, and fines for being outdoors aren't helping people get excercise and stay healthy? I'm shocked you would draw such a conclusion...

Comment

Every mandate and law totally resulted in MORE sick/depressed/stressed people. Maybe MORE deaths! The whole MESS is all their fault! Nuremburg II!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Do you think sanding skating rinks, closing parks, curfews, and fines for being outdoors aren't helping people get excercise and stay healthy? I'm shocked you would draw such a conclusion...
                          That is hypocrisy of this whole bs the governments and media push. Too bad the population at large are a bunch of dumb sheep. Too stupid to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

AB5 I just got a bunch of idiot squares a couple weeks ago. Next time I’ve got a load I’ll happily give you a heads up to come help? It’s wonderful fun! Really..........
                            I know I'm usually ass backwards to everyone else, but havent put up squares for years, this past summer I did 1500 straw and 1500 hay, been using 15 or 20 every day this winter and have forgotten how handy they are. Might have to do more next year. Beats paying to go to the gym anyhow!

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                              I know I'm usually ass backwards to everyone else, but havent put up squares for years, this past summer I did 1500 straw and 1500 hay, been using 15 or 20 every day this winter and have forgotten how handy they are. Might have to do more next year. Beats paying to go to the gym anyhow!
                              I love feeding them. Very handy indeed. Same with bedding for straw. Especially in the barn.

Just hate stacking the bastard things by the hundreds 😂😂 Also my barn has the dinkiest doors ever which makes it hard to get the bales in. I need to find one of those little conveyer things.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.