• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday C o c k t a i l report and other useless stuff. Its Friday let's have fun.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday C o c k t a i l report and other useless stuff. Its Friday let's have fun.

Ah, foggy in Regina, It's Friday and this weekend will be one of the warmest we have seen this winter. To all the climate change fools look back in history this has happened over and over and over for the last couple hundred years. Actually, I remember back in the late 70s playing ball outside in another week as the rinks were all shut down and all the snow was gone. Oh, the next year we had snowbanks that covered the school windows.

If history was taught we wouldn't have half the problems we have in Canada now. Actually throw out the new math. Teach science and English. Back to the basics.

Imagine a scenario, where a university dropout & substance abuser that coasted through life with no meaningful jobs was set up as President & CEO of a major company. How long would you expect that company to last? Would you invest in that company? Now realize that company is Canada.

Income tax day so I pay for Liberals to play. Actually, we won't see much increases till Trudeau is thrown out then the reality of the Moron and Team diversity will be shown. Reckless spending and such a high Federal amount of Debt our grand kids kids will be paying for 2020. Wake up peoplekind were ****ed.

Today the Feds will announce a package for airlines around a 9 billion dollar touch. Guess what Air Canada will now pay back travelers who got their flights canceled. So they are paying a company to refund Canadians with Canadian taxpayer money. WTF.

To all the guys who said they can't help out Canola farmers when we were shut out of China because it would cost the country. Go **** your selves because when all this debt comes back to bite us all in the ass they are coming after farmers wake the **** up.

It's funny every day a new scandal. Now the WE WE WE Brothers won't come and testify. Yea wonder why?

Manitoba is finally starting to open up and Sask isn't that far behind. Hey in Texas it's all open. GOD BLESS TEXAS.

Canola had it's down at the end of March. Speculators are running the market and as it expired they played. This week we're back in the action and yesterday was a fun day. Canada is out of Canola the stats can number were wrong for about three years. It finally caught up with them. Satellites work so well. Fun market, fun times. Oh and again what farmer said the whole Canadian crop wasn't as big as all the experts said and why because of feet on the ground and stopping and pissing and checking fields not 120 km on the number one.

I need a drink, maybe can have one in two more weeks.

Blackberry Mulled Wine

Ingredients

1 bottle of red wine
    2 cinnamon sticks, plus extra for garnish
    4-5 cloves, plus extra for garnish
    2 star anise, plus extra for garnish
    1 orange, juiced
    1 cup apple cider
    .5 cup brandy
    1 cup blackberries
    .25 cup maple syrup

Instructions

Pour a bottle of wine into a pot or pan. Add all ingredients. Bring mixture to a low simmer for 30 minutes
    to one hour being careful not to boil. Serve in mugs and garnish with a cinnamon stick, clove, and star
    anise.

Ah, winter in Saskatchewan.

So enjoy your warm weekend. Were going on a sled trip on Saturday or Sunday, we still have decent amount of snow so should be great.

Stay safe.

Got an email from the canola council saying farmers are out 2 billion from March 2019 to August 2020. ..no one went to government for that loss ...my guess every commodity lost some in that period. ...lower prices force other sales.

And yet as a taxpayer I get to pay for some one else's cancelled airline ticket.

It's phucking insane....

And where are our farm groups ...

Here is what I received from the Grain Growers of Canada ....

"""""Now with respect to your comments regarding Covid relief or support and why the grain sector didn’t get any or why GGC didn’t advocate for any- to be eligible for that relief you would have to demonstrate that you were negatively impacted by Covid. Throughout the pandemic, for the most part grain prices remained strong - we’re seeing some of the highest commodity prices now than we have ever and markets, even those that were previously closed/limited have re-opened (soybeans, canola, lentils into India). it’s pretty difficult to make the case that our sector required some form of relief during the pandemic when for the most part, prices and movement were strong."""""

Anyone see the problem ?????
    Last edited by bucket; Mar 5, 2021, 06:46.

Comment

And the CFA is OK with the government telling them until there is widespread hardship in agriculture there will be no help....

Meanwhile 100Billion in Canadian dollars are keeping the American farmer moving forward, with not only good prices but good yields as well.

Comment

Any of you still paying for market advice? What are these market gurus saying now?

The white stuff is about to disappear from the earth in about 5 days here. Snow is all crystals with little moisture in it. Not the kind of conditions you like to put canola into. Our spring rains have been very rare for the last 4 yrs. First good rains arent coming until first 2 weeks of June.

Unless guys break their rotations hard, Canada will have to make up an extra 5M tons of canola in a single yr. But I worry china is up to something and will just exit the market again one day just to punish canada.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          Any of you still paying for market advice? What are these market gurus saying now?

The white stuff is about to disappear from the earth in about 5 days here. Snow is all crystals with little moisture in it. Not the kind of conditions you like to put canola into. Our spring rains have been very rare for the last 4 yrs. First good rains arent coming until first 2 weeks of June.

Unless guys break their rotations hard, Canada will have to make up an extra 5M tons of canola in a single yr. But I worry china is up to something and will just exit the market again one day just to punish canada.
          Speaking of snow. It usually takes 10 to 12 inches of snow to make the equivalent inch of water. Have heard the snow this year will take 17 inches of equivalent snow because the snow has very little moisture ..paper dry...

Comment

OH OH OH IM SO EXCITED>

BOBOO is making a major announcement about how to screw us with her CArbon payment scheme. See which liberal is in charge of it and how much they make vs the FArmer.

Not holding my breath one bit. She is useless.

Comment

When i read in the local history book it tells of a family that moved up here in the winter 1910. Coming from Tisdale by team and cutter on Feb. 18 a bitter cold day. By March 10 they were planting their crops and garden and that fall had a bountiful harvest with even watermelons and muskmelons!

We know this year was bitter cold in mid Feb. but can't imagine planting five days from now no matter how warm it gets.

They say they know the date is right because it was their Mothers Birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

China wants to make a play on Taiwan. They need food surpluses (security) before world sanctions kick in.

Comment

You might be right. Because they are tired of them and want total control of that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                    China wants to make a play on Taiwan. They need food surpluses (security) before world sanctions kick in.
                    What ol' Biden gonna do,,, S F A !

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Got an email from the canola council saying farmers are out 2 billion from March 2019 to August 2020. ..no one went to government for that loss ...my guess every commodity lost some in that period. ...lower prices force other sales.

And yet as a taxpayer I get to pay for some one else's cancelled airline ticket.

It's phucking insane....

And where are our farm groups ...

Here is what I received from the Grain Growers of Canada ....

"""""Now with respect to your comments regarding Covid relief or support and why the grain sector didn’t get any or why GGC didn’t advocate for any- to be eligible for that relief you would have to demonstrate that you were negatively impacted by Covid. Throughout the pandemic, for the most part grain prices remained strong - we’re seeing some of the highest commodity prices now than we have ever and markets, even those that were previously closed/limited have re-opened (soybeans, canola, lentils into India). it’s pretty difficult to make the case that our sector required some form of relief during the pandemic when for the most part, prices and movement were strong."""""

Anyone see the problem ?????

To continue this i was sent an article outlining why phosphate prices are going up...

1. The covid flu in china slowed things down
                      2. Mosaic wants tariffs on Russian and Moroccan phosphate to protect their business they can't supply.

So if higher input prices are caused by issues with covid in China....where is the GGC advocacy for farmers?????

Comment

Walter was a Good guy.

Comment

The Big announcement was for Quebec. Yea how in my wildest dreams did i think they care about western Canada.

Comment

There are going to be shortages of everything. Apparently trucks, cars and RV’s supply is just trickling in.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                              What ol' Biden gonna do,,, S F A !
                              China will end up spoiling his afternoon nap.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.