• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bulk fuel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulk fuel

What are guys seeing?

Filling up at,
    Dyed Diesel: $0.925/L
    Dyed Gas: $0.899/L

Unless the gov't decides to slam the economy closed, I dont see these prices going down in the short term

What is going down? The only thing I've seen input wise that hasn't taken off price wise is chemical... so far... glyphosate has been going up, but haven't heard much in the way of pressure on most others.

Steel? Up.
    Fertilizer? Up.
    Building materials of any kind? Up.
    Parts? With steel up, fuel up, and manufacturing supply crunches I see nowhere but... you guessed it. Up.
    Tires? Michelin announced +8% in North America here the other day. Others will likely follow.

Concerned for next years inputs , I hope we get a decent crop . If not it will hurt real bad . Especially when the added carbon tax kicks in on top of everything.

Comment

Fuel is up 20-30 cents from Feb 1 to the end of February. With government policies the way they are I don’t see low prices again for a while.

Comment

86.5 for summer dyed diesel delivered yesterday. Filled everything since it’s supposed to go up five cents. Feels like spring with the honeybees out and about in the mud today.

Comment

Shoulder season is coming up. Which should result in the lowest prices of The first half of the year.
          Texas refineries and Wells are coming back on stream.

There is a very firm ceiling on oil prices in North America in the age of frac'ing, everyone is more than profitable at these levels and up, and will take full advantage.
          About the only bullish cases are Debasement of the currecies, and the end of lockdowns.
          I still maintain we won't see hundred dollar oil for a few more years yet.

Comment

Filled up in early February for .811+ hst. Winter fuel, so it will run me well into the warm weather. My own tank.

Not sure how much the efficiency drops in warmer weather?

Likely still worth it since the increases.

Comment

Good thing our farm groups monitor this?

It seems stupid to push better varieties but lose sight of substantial increases in input costs.

While the carbon tax is important so are other unjustified price increases...

Where are our conservative MPS

Comment

$1.21 diesel.

Chems similar fert up

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Where are our conservative MPS
                  "Our" Conservative MP's are busy helping "their team" position "themselves" to win urban Ontario and Quebec votes...

Comment

Diesel. 89 last week.
                    Unleaded. 96..

Comment

I think we’re around 96 delivered. I drive past the Rez every time I go to see my mother so I’ve been picking up a load of 85 cent dyed Rez diesel most times

Comment

Filled skid tank yesterday at dye pump. $1.189. Up about 20 cents since I filled it two months ago. Lack of snow sure makes the fuel bill easy in winter.

Comment

filled with summer diesel on the delayed billing program the other day . 87 cents . It took forever to pump it that day because it was cold and the fuel was like oil that day

Comment

We don't (yet) have big enough tanks to store a seasons worth of fuel. And I haven't found any retailer willing to store fuel if we prepurchase. Do any of the retailers allow prepurchase with storage, even with a storage fee?

The logistics of storing large quantities of diesel just aren't appealing to me. Too easy to have thefts, leaks, end up with summer diesel in winter, and vice versa. The short shelf life of modern diesel. And of course in the last year tank prices went through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                              Filled up in early February for .811+ hst. Winter fuel, so it will run me well into the warm weather. My own tank.

Not sure how much the efficiency drops in warmer weather?

Likely still worth it since the increases.
                              Winter fuel does have lower cetane levels. So won’t have the power/efficiency. You can notice it in late fall when they start switching to winter diesel and you are still out there combining. All I know is you hook a kite to a John Deere it’ll burn an outrageous amount of fuel, what’s another 5%....

Best thing we did fuel wise wasn’t winter vs. summer or where we get it from, it was switching the color of paint....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...