• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World wheat stocks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World wheat stocks

Like everyone else this market continues to amaze. It is funny how just about everyone didn't see this coming. I am more uncertain of our planting intentions today than I have been in a lot of years. I feel we have a pretty good rotation and don't push canola too much , usually 2 other crops between and sometimes 3. That being said most max out their canola acres to what they feel doable simply because canola seems too always moves to provide cash flow. Wheat movement on the other hand has been slow as hell this year and when one sees feed wheat out pricing #1 HRS wheat something is out of wack. I admit, I love growing wheat but this year its a tough one to pencil out up till now at least.
    Where I am get at is when you look at world wheat stocks , China on paper holds fully half of stocks. As many now feel their numbers are crap and now as we have seen such a buying spree by them that the evidence would appear that maybe world wheat stocks , like much of the other ag commodities are not what was the trade thought. I acknowledge that covid has changed things. What I see is most of the trade seem to think the other show will drop, and we will go back to normal trendlines. If it doesn't ? New crop HRS prices have been trending up but like other crops they need to buy acres.

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
    Like everyone else this market continues to amaze. It is funny how just about everyone didn't see this coming.
    With everyone from producers, end users, traders, analysts all being side swiped by this rally, does it seem reasonable that most will be more cautious about accepting the official stats for a while, regardless of which way they swing?

Either someone along the way was purposefully lieing, or there is gross incompetence in compiling the data.
    I suppose a third option is that this rally really isn't jutified and is entirely spec driven?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      With everyone from producers, end users, traders, analysts all being side swiped by this rally, does it seem reasonable that most will be more cautious about accepting the official stats for a while, regardless of which way they swing?

Either someone along the way was purposefully lieing, or there is gross incompetence in compiling the data.
      I suppose a third option is that this rally really isn't jutified and is entirely spec driven?
      How about all three?

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
        How about all three?
        Where would that leave us?

Comment

Where would that leave us?
          With Gerry Ritz's legacy !

Comment

My hunch is there is quite a bit of reality in that sentence.

Once sellers get in the mindset of new higher prices it will hold the market as bins are locked for a while into new crop, but there will be a day of reckoning when bills come due and markets drop like a rock. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Is the rally really about wheat or is it been pushed along by corn, I'm guessing the latter.

Comment

Might be corn driven but China has bought a lot of wheat and barley from Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Might be corn driven but China has bought a lot of wheat and barley from Canada.
                  Not from Richardson....

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                    Not from Richardson....
                    atleast it isn't reflected in their price offerings, agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      China could stop buying tomorrow and the entire rally fizzles. They have been known to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        China could stop buying tomorrow and the entire rally fizzles. They have been known to do that.
                        They won't stop buying if they're lying about the stocks they're holding,,, or will they !!!

Comment

Personally I think the guys that hold the money or shud I say move the money around are seeing the writing on the wall with the stock market so their new pet is gonna be commodities. To me the stock market is a joke if u aren’t locked in with the big boys and the artificial inflation of these companies is gonna hit the skids sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                            Not from Richardson....
                            Coulda fooled me. They want feed barley with little to no wheat in it. It’s getting exported. So where is it going?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                              Coulda fooled me. They want feed barley with little to no wheat in it. It’s getting exported. So where is it going?
                              Chinese malt !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.