Test Are we going to say anything ? Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Are we going to say anything ?

Test
Feb 20, 2021 | 04:37 1 Changing the mandatory minimum sentencing because the prisons are over represented with indigenous and black inmates.
Does this make sense to anyone?
Would this compare to raising the speed limit because its catching to many speeders
Or lowering the drinking age because there is to many minors consuming alcohol ?
Would it be acceptable to question this or would that be considered racist? Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Feb 20, 2021 | 06:08 2 I almost shit my pants when I read he is going after us gun owners who are legal and then giving min to zero sentences for gang bangers that actually have illegal guns and kill people. Sick is all I can say but the liberals get most criminal votes. and mail-in will be a dream come true. Reply With Quote

• Feb 20, 2021 | 06:39 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    I almost shit my pants when I read he is going after us gun owners who are legal and then giving min to zero sentences for gang bangers that actually have illegal guns and kill people. Sick is all I can say but the liberals get most criminal votes. and mail-in will be a dream come true.
    It's true. Completely backwards thinking. It quickly becomes clear that it's not about controlling crime, but about controlling the population.

It appears that the completely deranged left actually wants crime to become rampant - and the WuFlu to spread - so that they can continue to crack down on civil liberties.

And with mail-in ballots, the Lieberals are projected to receive around 43 million votes - so ya, good chance of a majority. Reply With Quote
  • 4 Likes

• Feb 20, 2021 | 07:31 4 I’m investing in Dominion Voting Systems Canada. Reply With Quote
    Feb 20, 2021 | 09:05 5 If this isn’t enough ammunition for O’Tool with all of the rest of Trudopes ****ups, I guess we might as well give up ever having a conservative government again. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Feb 20, 2021 | 09:11 6 O'Toole is not getting the airplay...I am not sure what is wrong with him...but I would be on the TV political shows every chance I get...

Trudeau and his minions can't answer the questions without a script...

You want to see how phucked up things are...watch Michelle Rempel Garner in the Health committee on the 19th of February....even the senior bureaucrats are a bunch of phucktards.
    Last edited by bucket; Feb 20, 2021 at 09:46.
  • 1 Like

• Feb 20, 2021 | 09:21 7
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    O'Toole is not getting the airplay...I am not sure what is wrong with him...but I would be on the TV political shows every chance I get...
    Dont forget who runs the media in this country. They spend all their time demonizing CPC and covering for our idiot.

Anyway, this is all a play in Toronto. Scary white rural people with guns now silenced while racial communities spared from incarceration for crimes because they are misunderstood.

What a disaster our politics have become. Its no longer about running a country. Reply With Quote

• Feb 20, 2021 | 09:32 8 We know that visible minorities are more likely to be mistreated by the police and justice system.

Inflexible mandatory minimum sentences discriminate against people who are not serious offenders and are unlikely to commit another crime. Why impose a mandatory sentence when it is not needed? It is costs a lot keep people in prison who don't need to be there.

Without mandatory minimums, judges still have lots of ability to impose harsher sentences on those who deserve it and lighter sentences on those who are less of threat to re-offend.

Putting substance abusers in jail only makes their situation worse. Substance addiction is a health care issue not a criminal justice issue unless it involves driving. The Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police has said simple drug possession for small amounts should be decriminalized.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Feb 20, 2021 at 09:44.
  • 1 Like

• Feb 20, 2021 | 10:04 9 As usual chick, your logic goes in a circle. If the justice system is harder on minorities then wouldn't standardized mandatory minimum sentences take the mistreatment out of play? Judges would no longer be able to mistreat anyone of any color. From what I understand the mandatory minimums were only on the second offense. Not the first! So these minorities in the justice system are repeat offenders! With illegal firearms! Unreal.
    And, getting locked up with professionals watching you full time when you are going through withdrawal is more often a good thing. The jail system has a lot of tools to help these people while they are incarcerated. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Feb 20, 2021 | 19:46 10
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    We know that visible minorities are more likely to be mistreated by the police and justice system.

Inflexible mandatory minimum sentences discriminate against people who are not serious offenders and are unlikely to commit another crime. Why impose a mandatory sentence when it is not needed? It is costs a lot keep people in prison who don't need to be there.

Without mandatory minimums, judges still have lots of ability to impose harsher sentences on those who deserve it and lighter sentences on those who are less of threat to re-offend.

Putting substance abusers in jail only makes their situation worse. Substance addiction is a health care issue not a criminal justice issue unless it involves driving. The Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police has said simple drug possession for small amounts should be decriminalized.
    🖕🏻 ...... Reply With Quote

• fjlip's Avatar Feb 20, 2021 | 20:52 11 Bigger and better button...

Name:  finger.JPG
Views: 456
Size:  37.4 KB Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Feb 20, 2021 | 21:10 12 Was on the news that Calgary is 40% visible minority,so just hold on for a little longer and we the evil whites will be the visible minority and receive all the preferential treatment. Reply With Quote

• Feb 20, 2021 | 21:11 13 A very good friend of mine sent a post supporting the governments initiative re mandatory minimum sentencing. There are many good arguments in favour when you look at the stats. My question is why are those groups over incarcerated? Maybe it is because of preferential treatment. More preferential treatment is the cure? Reply With Quote
    Feb 20, 2021 | 21:18 14 Conservative party surely has enough money to start their own media company. Fight fire with fire. Reply With Quote
    Feb 20, 2021 | 21:36 15 Goldstein says that Blair knows what will bring down gun crime, but Boss Blackface won't allow it because....racist...

Political correctness = death of innocents.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...nows-what-will

"The problem with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s proposed handgun ban is that it won’t work and his government knows it.
    Trudeau’s Minister of Public Safety, Bill Blair, knows handgun bans don’t work.

In a 2019 interview with the Globe and Mail, he said months of consultations had led him to the conclusion banning handguns would be costly and ineffective.

Breadcrumb Trail Links

Toronto & GTA Ontario Crime Columnists Canada

GOLDSTEIN: Trudeau knows handgun ban won't work, Blair knows what will
    Author of the article:
    Lorrie Goldstein
    Publishing date:
    Feb 20, 2021 • 7 hours ago • 3 minute read
    photo illustration
    Article content

"The problem with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s proposed handgun ban is that it won’t work and his government knows it.
    Trudeau’s Minister of Public Safety, Bill Blair, knows handgun bans don’t work.

In a 2019 interview with the Globe and Mail, he said months of consultations had led him to the conclusion banning handguns would be costly and ineffective.

Ironically, Blair, who served as Toronto police chief from 2005 to 2015 before entering politics, knows what would reduce gun crime.

But he can’t talk about it because the Trudeau government would call it racist and doesn’t appear interested in actually reducing gun violence...." Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Feb 20, 2021 | 22:43 16 Not when there are places where people can cross the border unhindered. But its odd in Europe, driving between France and Italy, no border at all. Maybe like that all over Europe? Reply With Quote
    LEP
    Feb 20, 2021 | 23:02 17 So when gun crime continues virtually unabated in the future, who will the liberal blame then? Reply With Quote
    Feb 21, 2021 | 00:56 18
    Quote Originally Posted by LEP View Post
    So when gun crime continues virtually unabated in the future, who will the liberal blame then?

legal firearms owners who obey the law will get blamed... without question... as they are most likely never to vote for Liberals.

The Liberals know all their proposed firearms legislation is illegal... it is for show to get votes. As is the Assisted Suicide of handicapped and those with mental illness and depression. teens and then under 12 are the next in line... Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Feb 21, 2021 | 07:38 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Was on the news that Calgary is 40% visible minority,so just hold on for a little longer and we the evil whites will be the visible minority and receive all the preferential treatment.
    Umm, it's unlikely that "preferential treatment" is to be expected by a people group targeted for elimination.

At least not in a positive sense. Reply With Quote
    Feb 21, 2021 | 08:15 20 https://bccla.org/wp-content/uploads...Sentencing.pdf

Rationales advanced in support of mandatory minimum sentencing include their effect as a general deterrent, and their role in making the justice system more transparent, certain and fair. However, the research shows that punitive sentencing does not lead to safer communities. Instead of deterring potential offenders, mandatory minimums result in excessive, harsh penalties that increase the likelihood of recidivism.

Mandatory minimum sentencing shifts discretion from judges, whose decisions are public and reviewable, to prosecutors, whose decision-making is largely beyond review. While facially neutral, mandatory minimum sentences affect individuals from certain communities disproportionately. Mandatory minimum sentences have a particularly detrimental effect on Aboriginal offenders and communities.

The monetary costs associated with punitive reforms to the criminal justice system, including the rise of mandatory minimum sentencing, are staggering. However, the true cost of these measures goes well beyond expenditures on their implementation. There is a human and social cost to mandatory minimum sentencing that affects the long-term economic viability and wellbeing of Canadian communities. It is important to appreciate the downstream collateral consequences of punitive sentencing regimes as part of our collective responsibility for a just society. Reply With Quote
    Feb 21, 2021 | 08:29 21
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    https://bccla.org/wp-content/uploads...Sentencing.pdf

Rationales advanced in support of mandatory minimum sentencing include their effect as a general deterrent, and their role in making the justice system more transparent, certain and fair. However, the research shows that punitive sentencing does not lead to safer communities. Instead of deterring potential offenders, mandatory minimums result in excessive, harsh penalties that increase the likelihood of recidivism.

Mandatory minimum sentencing shifts discretion from judges, whose decisions are public and reviewable, to prosecutors, whose decision-making is largely beyond review. While facially neutral, mandatory minimum sentences affect individuals from certain communities disproportionately. Mandatory minimum sentences have a particularly detrimental effect on Aboriginal offenders and communities.

The monetary costs associated with punitive reforms to the criminal justice system, including the rise of mandatory minimum sentencing, are staggering. However, the true cost of these measures goes well beyond expenditures on their implementation. There is a human and social cost to mandatory minimum sentencing that affects the long-term economic viability and wellbeing of Canadian communities. It is important to appreciate the downstream collateral consequences of punitive sentencing regimes as part of our collective responsibility for a just society.
    Who did this research?
    Can I apply this mentality to any law? Reply With Quote
    Feb 21, 2021 | 08:40 22
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    As is the Assisted Suicide of handicapped and those with mental illness and depression. teens and then under 12 are the next in line...
    TOM4TOM, you come on here copying and pasting pages and pages of Individual and Property rights and then post exaggerations and falsehoods on Sunday Morning (Convenient Christian) . We all know you know how to use Google, but for some unknow reason you would rather post B.S. then read about C-14, so here's some important information for you to read.

Under Bill C-14, two independent health care professionals need to evaluate an individual in order to determine whether he/she qualifies for MAID. To qualify for MAID, a person must satisfy all of the following eligibility criteria. They must:

1.Be eligible for government-funded health insurance in Canada;
    2.Be 18 years of age or older;
    3.Have a grievous and irremediable condition, as defined by Section 241.2, para. 2 of the Criminal Code;
    4.Have made a voluntary request for MAID that was not made as a result of external pressure;
    5.Give informed consent to receive MAID after having been informed of the means that are available to relieve their suffering, including palliative care.

In order to have a “grievous and irremediable medical condition,” as defined by Bill C-14, a person must satisfy all of the following requirements:

1.Have a serious and incurable illness, disease, or disability;
    2.Be in an advanced state of irreversible decline in capability;
    3.Endure physical and psychological suffering that is intolerable to them; and
    4.Their natural death has become reasonably foreseeable.
    5.Patients must also be capable of providing informed consent at the time that MAID is provided. Reply With Quote
    Feb 21, 2021 | 08:41 23 Poor criminals.

My idea.

You get caught carrying handgun in trona? Automatic 25 year sentence.

You use a handgun in a crime in trona? Automatic life, no parole.

Use any gun in crime anywhere in Canada? Automatic life no parole.

Yes, we will need to build more prisons. So what? Show me the downside to locking up idiotic criminals for life? Harper mused that our prison capacity is getting short, the liberals had a meltdown and spread the word how bad this would be. Why?

We need teeth in our laws and we need to clean up the filthy few percent who do crime. Get them off the streets permanently. How could this idea not reduce crime. Between removing the stupid in society, and the certain deterrent to would be idiots, we could clean up our streets permanently. But no one has the nerve to do what’s right. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Feb 21, 2021 | 08:50 24 Provide enough services, in these new prison they will fill very fast.
    Social security at its best. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes