Test Herd Immunity? Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Herd Immunity?

Test
Feb 19, 2021 | 09:05 1 Here's an article in the Wall Street Journal which questions the prevailing wisdom regarding Covid. The author is a doctor at Johns Hopkins so he cannot be dismissed as a quack.

He encourages people to get vaccinated, but in the meantime it's his belief that we are turning the corner on Covid and that the pandemic will be effectively over before long.

He says that in private a lot of his colleagues agree with him, but they are reluctant to speak out.

Hopefully the article does not disappear behind a pay wall.

[https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731?fbclid=IwAR1A64upIxuFR-1qiq5zACZh0N_WXkfv0i6of0tbX4mhvXKZwRGI02zkMhs"]http://https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731?fbclid=IwAR1A64upIxuFR-1qiq5zACZh0N_WXkfv0i6of0tbX4mhvXKZwRGI02zkMhs[/URL]
Last edited by Austrian Economics; Feb 19, 2021 at 11:05.
  • 3 Likes

• Feb 19, 2021 | 09:13 2 That may be very well true, but Canada is at least 2 months behind US in its vaccine rollout. Reply With Quote
    Feb 19, 2021 | 09:16 3 You hafta remove one http before hotlinking it
    Someone helped me out after a few years lol Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Feb 19, 2021 | 09:28 4 It’s the same here, the doctors are muzzled by their associations/colleges. There are a few activist doctors towing the line and they get all the attention. Only 1 of the 17 doctors here got the vaccination (available for all of them if they wanted). Happily put their selfie of them getting the needle onto Instagram.

I wonder if Agstar is still a Covid junkie. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• GDR
    Feb 19, 2021 | 09:37 5 Couldnt get to the link so maybe this is what it was about anyhow but, I saw a thing on India the other day, they were hit real hard initially with 1500 plus deaths daily kinda thing. Now numbers have fallen off a cliff and things look to be getting better, I think they said 56% of the population is showing antibodies. This is less than the 75% minimum they thought they needed for herd immunity but is the only explanation they have as to why they turned the corner. Sounds promising! Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Feb 19, 2021 | 09:41 6 https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-ha...mod=error_page Reply With Quote
    Feb 19, 2021 | 09:56 7 That article someone posted about 60% of the population walking around asymptomatic and having no idea they have it or had it would indicate that herd immunity will arrive well before the vaccines. Its probably already here.

The evidence is pretty clear that is happening. There is lower testing happening too which explains part of the case reductions but thats only a part of the story. The best vaccination programs are barely in double digit completion yet cases falling off a cliff in every country. That doesnt make sense.
    Last edited by jazz; Feb 19, 2021 at 09:59.

• GDR
    Feb 19, 2021 | 09:59 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Economics View Post
    Here's an article in the Wall Street Journal which questions the prevailing wisdom regarding Covid. The author is a doctor at Johns Hopkins so he cannot be dismissed as a quack.
    An interesting side note about John Hopkins University. I have a friend who is a professional well to do fella, he had gotten a Harley for his mid life crisis and started doing big road trips with a bunch of other guys. Over the years he befriended another weekend biker who happened to be a senior doctor at John Hopkins. When my friend was diagnosed with cancer he contacted this man and asked if he could go there for treatment as he could afford it and as they have such a good reputation. This fella told him that he should go to the Tom Baker cancer centre in Calgary instead as they were considered to be leading the field in cancer research and treatments. I'm happy to have the health care we do in Canada! Reply With Quote

• Feb 19, 2021 | 10:13 9
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    The best vaccination programs are barely in double digit completion yet cases falling off a cliff in every country. That doesnt make sense.
    Given what you write in posts it makes perfect sense that it doesn't make sense to you why cases are falling. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Partners's Avatar Feb 19, 2021 | 10:42 10 Flu season is almost over.
    But our medical experts can't figure it out..
    Oh wait for the 3rd wave.. Reply With Quote

• Feb 19, 2021 | 10:43 11
    Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    An interesting side note about John Hopkins University. I have a friend who is a professional well to do fella, he had gotten a Harley for his mid life crisis and started doing big road trips with a bunch of other guys. Over the years he befriended another weekend biker who happened to be a senior doctor at John Hopkins. When my friend was diagnosed with cancer he contacted this man and asked if he could go there for treatment as he could afford it and as they have such a good reputation. This fella told him that he should go to the Tom Baker cancer centre in Calgary instead as they were considered to be leading the field in cancer research and treatments. I'm happy to have the health care we do in Canada!

We should be a little more thankful for the health services we have in Canada. I know my direct family is. There are countless medical professionals and medical researchers that are some of the best in the world.

But, of coarse there are those on here that will bash anything Canadian simply because government isn't in lock step with their ideology.

To those people it wouldn't matter what color the ruling governing party is!
    Last edited by foragefarmer; Feb 19, 2021 at 10:46.
    Feb 19, 2021 | 13:02 12 https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/sta...67434420224000

Alex Berenson
    @AlexBerenson
    Finally someone said it: the United States is more likely than not close to herd immunity. There will be no fourth wave. Thank your immune systems, not the vaccines.

Name:  Herd Immunity.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  89.7 KB

Name:  Herd immunity 2.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  100.2 KB Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Feb 19, 2021 | 13:17 13 So whats going to prop up governments continued, and potentially worsening lockdowns?
    Only ammo they seem to have left is the many and expanding scarey variants.

• fjlip's Avatar Feb 19, 2021 | 15:28 14 "about 60% of the population walking around asymptomatic and having no idea they have it or had it would indicate that herd immunity will arrive well before the vaccines. Its probably already here."

Would have happened earlier but we isolated and sanitized our way to delayed infection/immunity over the last year.

I hope so, they can dump their Experimental concoctions in the SEWER! Flush it with the $$BILLIONS they wasted! Perhaps Nuremberg II will be entertaining. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Feb 19, 2021 | 23:58 15
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    Given what you write in posts it makes perfect sense that it doesn't make sense to you why cases are falling.
    You’re speaking in riddles
    Say what’s on your mind FFS Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Feb 20, 2021 | 06:34 16
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    You’re speaking in riddles
    Say what’s on your mind FFS
    Take it easy on him, case.

Cuz who knows - he may well be performing to the best of his limitations? Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Feb 20, 2021 | 07:04 17 The USA will reach herd by April. Canada and skippy continue lockdown. Reply With Quote
    Feb 20, 2021 | 07:35 18 I guess there’s no need for the government to build new nursing homes, there’s a solution to excess demand. Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar Feb 20, 2021 | 10:32 19 In a few months they could be empty. Delayed effects. Blame variants on deaths.

https://vaxxter.com/covid-vaccines-part-2/ Reply With Quote
    Feb 20, 2021 | 11:34 20
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    The USA will reach herd by April. Canada and skippy continue lockdown.
    Only thing is , the rest of the world is watching this numbnuted prick now Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Feb 20, 2021 | 11:56 21 We just buried our mother. She was in LTC, had tested positive over Xmas with no visible affects, then we were told she could not be vaccinated for 90 days, but they vaccinated her around Feb.1 - she developed this huge (spaghetti squash size) blood blister on her leg which exploded on way to hospital Feb 9. She passed away Feb. 10. No cause of death is listed on death certificate. Reply With Quote
    Feb 20, 2021 | 12:07 22 What a sad story; I remember all too well what it's like to lose "Mom". It matters not if she was well or struggling, it's still a sharp loss.

I offer my condolences. Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• Feb 20, 2021 | 12:22 23 Sorry to hear that SDG Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• blackpowder's Avatar Feb 20, 2021 | 12:48 24 Condolences SDG.
    Not the same but reminded me of a couple i know here.
    Both in seniors home. Both got covid a while back. Survived. Other health issues put the lady in LTC recently because they wouldn't let her stay in the hospital. Stupid asinine policies another issue. A week later she died. Alone all that time. 76 years married. You should see the gent shuffle down the street now. Turns 100 in March. Yup, the covid bs needs to stop now. Reply With Quote

• Feb 20, 2021 | 16:35 25 Really sorry sdg.

I continue with trials tribulations and joys of looking after my 90 yr old mom.

Doing ok to quite well some days Reply With Quote
    Feb 20, 2021 | 16:47 26 Last week or so commentary from experts, media and govt seems to have taken a turn for the better.

Herd immunity talked about in conjunction with immunisation and natural herd immunity as well.

End goal rightly or wrongly being talked about.

But positive shift in thoughts momentum and numbers.

Seems to be similar world wide.

State next to me just came out of a 7 day lockdown think 19 positives all in serious quarantine but no huge blow out like recent months. Reply With Quote
    Feb 20, 2021 | 17:02 27 Jordy 2323
    I instantly thought your holding the
    Building up was about Trump saying
    15 would be zero. Nothing to see here .
    Just the flu.
    Then 500, 000 dead Reply With Quote
    Feb 20, 2021 | 17:13 28 trumps gone ???? Reply With Quote
    Feb 20, 2021 | 20:53 29 Getting us ready for the next one -

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...434c738edd5e12 Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar Feb 20, 2021 | 20:57 30 60% in India have antibodies, herd immunity. Few cases in Africa. Not as clean or sanitized, works better. Reply With Quote