• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Death Cross

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
    Mass deflationary pressures are a serious incoming risk (IMO). With markets so heavily leveraged and a totally out-of-control global debt situation plus gradual failure of central stimulus (money printing) , how can inflation remotely take hold without pricking-the-bubble. Now pretend that rates are going to rise? Go figure . . . .

The next correction / crash (whatever you want to call it or not call it) will be harsh. No bones about this. And when it happens, all asset values will be under pressure. No bones about it.

Gold’s price drop is a clear warning of this (IMO).
    Ok, but it's only gold, if you look at the ratio, silver isn't buying it? Why? Yes i agree and I'm not being argumentative, merely pointing out that one of the twins is fighting the trend. And for everyone else reading this, reddit has nothing to do with it. The g/s ratio went from historic to crash mode. I think the ratio is indicating the barter system is coming back to life. But im just an idiot in buttphuck sask.

Comment

Second question, because i simply don't know, is there anything specific in silver mining that could be affecting the availability? Copper, Platinum and Palladium are on a heck of a roll, long term. I don't know shit from canned peaches on fundamentals of metal mining, i only read charts.

Comment

I'm no expert but the news this past year is that China and more so India are importing way less gold.
        Silver is seeing support from this area because if you can't afford gold then you buy silver.
        That is likely not the whole story but part of it.

Silver miner ETF's came back strong in 2020 after they collapsed in March, but have been kind of steady since July

Gold prices were briefly about this level at the end of Nov 2020 not even quite 3 months ago.
        I would not be surprised if some high rolling traders are short gold and well in the black now. It could be pushed lower yet..
        Last edited by farming101; Feb 21, 2021, 07:33.

Comment

Walmart USA is raising wages for cashiers to $15 hour, and $19 for electronics and restockers.
          This is happening with record unemployment.
          Inflation is slowly making a impact.

Comment

Silver mini-crash in the past few hours. Weak longs getting driven out on stops and margin calls?

Speculator furor in full display . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil
              Many are about to get a rude lesson in what sound money is and why it is critical to a proper financial system.
              Probably, almost certainly true, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                Silver mini-crash in the past few hours. Weak longs getting driven out on stops and margin calls?

Speculator furor in full display . . . .
                Where is the 10yr treasury going errol? I would say thats a catalyst before any other measure.

Comment

Get your canola booked in boys and girls
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	The-Buffett-Indicator.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	770806
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	770807

Comment

collapse now in-progress . . . .

Comment

An opinion . . . .

The recent plunge in gold is a warning of far deeper potential financial market problems on-the-horizon.

The biggest concern are the insane stock market valuations. S and P valuations are now more than double the historic average.This is the direct result of over-used, reckless and abused central bank policies.

But investors have been smug ... the Fed always have their back. And my banker always says ‘stay invested’. That’s terrific for quarterly profits and bragging rights. But clearly, control by the Fed is waning. Money printing to save-the-day no longer has the same impact.

But there is now a snake starting to come out of the corner ... rising rates. U.S. treasury yields are rising. The bond market just had a terrible week.

This historic equity market strength has no fundamental support snd purely driven by cheap money. Now the snake is out . . . .

And has the Fed now lost control of the bond market?

Asset prices are rising due to cheap money and investors shoveling money into something that will generate a return.

But what if . .. mortgage rates climb, say just 1 percent? What will Humpty-Dumpty do next?

This could quickly impact credit markets. And any hiccup in credit markets would have an immediate impact on commodity markets.

They are all tied together . . . .

Comment

Thanks Errol for your thoughts.

If a farmers in December sold canola to a large exporter for delivery in July. If the market has a quick, decisive correction. Do you think the exporter will walk away from their contract obligation to buy and take delivery of the grain?
                        I believe the long list of excuses will be used.
                        Then the trickle down impact to the farm cash flow, local retailers, etc

I hope we don’t need insurance to cover that risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                          Thanks Errol for your thoughts.

If a farmers in December sold canola to a large exporter for delivery in July. If the market has a quick, decisive correction. Do you think the exporter will walk away from their contract obligation to buy and take delivery of the grain?
                          I believe the long list of excuses will be used.
                          Then the trickle down impact to the farm cash flow, local retailers, etc

I hope we don’t need insurance to cover that risk.
                          Great question . . .

Credit markets globally are at huge risk (IMO). The Fed is now losing control and the collapse in gold and the bond market may be the starter’s pistol.

This could disrupt ocean shipments. The Baltic Dry index could again plunge as credit dries up. We have all seen this in the past. The stock market will correct and we will hear the ongoing chat to ‘buy the dips’ . . . just like the gold bulls were told.

Comment

Don't you think that investing in gold is no longer profitable in the modern world? I would agree with the fact that gold is some kind of stable commodity to invest in, but you will not make a fortune on it. Alternatively, with the help of some investing services, people can easily trade with any investment such as currency, crypto and shares. For example, I use https://www.investous.com/ Investous to sell my bitcoin on the market.
                            Last edited by Solaire; Jul 18, 2021, 06:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Solaire View Post
                              Don't you think that investing in gold is no longer profitable in the modern world?
                              Nowadays we have a lot of opportunities to invest in huge companies that have much greater potential than gold.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...