• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain bags

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain bags

We don't use them. But.
    Got a text from flamans.
    Bags going up 31% at end of Feb.
    Companies can't get polymer..

Don't know how the wildlife would survive without them...hope they don't out of style

Comment

Got same message from our supplier, but only 30%. What a deal....

Comment

I'm trying to reconcile these real world inflation scenarios, with the financial world deflation warnings.
        Lately I've been pricing and buying lumber, wire, metal, auger, fuel, looking for more fertilizer for more acres, hearing about land sales, food, etc. Same story in all cases. Buy today before it goes up another 10% again next week.
        Starting to sound like stories you read from post soviet inflation, where you buy anything possible as soon as you get paid, before your paycheck is worthless.

Comment

I got the call on Monday that bags were going up 30% or higher. Again it's on the excuse that all companies didn't build anything all last year so now shortages thanks to the high price of Grain.

Good thing last fall I bought two pallets of 15000-bushel bags.

Comment

Complete BS. Farmers around here still have unused grain bags in the shop because they were not used last fall due to the small crop. In most areas these days the bins stay empty while bags are used since it speeds up harvest and reduces labor at harvest. Now maybe farmers will have to use bins like I do. Looking for another used hopper bottom right now. Suppliers are just taking advantage of farmer's naivite in that there is only inflation in farm inputs. Panic buy now. Starting to worry that I bought too much high priced fertilizer a couple of weeks ago. A number of years now fertilizer dropped in pricer after May long weekend when seeding around here dragged on while most areas were almost finished.

Comment

Mike at GBC sales in Humboldt just booked mine at last year prices. They deliver for a small cost.1 306 320 9997

Comment

John Deere stock up $30.00/share or 10% for the day. Trading range for a year is $106.00- $335.00. Better to own JD shares than farm.

JD stated double digit early orders for of new combines ending in Jan/2021. Farm equipment sales booming with low inventories out there.

Farm equipment manufactures have it all figured out.

So does anyone think when commodity prices come down farm equipment will?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                  We don't use them. But.
                  Got a text from flamans.
                  Bags going up 31% at end of Feb.
                  Companies can't get polymer..
                  Thanks we only use one or two a year but had none left
                  Got them ordered

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    Yous got six months to buy some BINS !
                    Check immediately, could be all sold out till 2022!
                    Last edited by fjlip; Feb 19, 2021, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      Check immediately, could be all sold out till 2020!
                      They’re all booked up for 2021 here already. Price of steel will likely double for 2022

Comment

No bags, No bins, still have old temp plywood bins/tarps in shed....unless drought leaves lots of empty bins. Hopper bottoms on highway everyday going S.
                        machinery better not break in season, parts are weeks away, if any out there. We could be dead in field.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                          Yous got six months to buy some BINS !
                          Bin steel and hopper cones going up huge.

Comment

Will go back to piling on the ground if thats the case! You can afford to lose a few bushels on the ground for the cost of bagging if they do go up.

Comment

Canadian dollar will be par in not so distant future. Go to usa for bags.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...