• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get it in writing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get it in writing

Just a heads up on repair work . COVID is kicking the shit out of the parts supply stream. My fairly new dodge needed transmission work. Called Mainline in Rosetown and they said they do lots of auto transmissions every week. They now tell me if your going to use that 3500 for pulling anything but a bicycle trailer you need the heavy duty Aison automatic. Anyways, they said bring it in, 2 to 3 days turnaround. They tore it apart and then said it was a simple fix, 2 clutch pacs, unfortunately the pacs are a month away. Further into our now not so civil conversation they said they had 3 more trucks with the same problem waiting in front of me. If you happen to need your vehicle, you need a timeline guarantee. Just sayin.

Nice to know a 3500 is made that shouldn't tow anything. BS never ends.
    Regarding supply lines. Yes be aware, its affecting all kinds of things.

Comment

Electrical parts are a bitch to get as well. Waited a couple months for some stuff

Comment

Gearbox ordered on OCT came in on monday.

Comment

Trade it off.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
            Trade it off.
            Thats not a bad suggestion. If its new enough, the transmission work is warrantee and if you are losing income from this, go pick one out of the lot.

Comment

No, it’s not on warranty and the only guy that seems interested in trading is the one who is fixing it. The rest want to wait till it is repaired. Won’t give Mainline the business now, pissed they didn’t give me the heads up on parts. Driving the 94 Cummins dodge service truck. Started every day thru this brutal weather.

Comment

Ordered a a and I return elevator for a 9770 week and half ago, got told yesterday won't be making it across the international border. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come this spring.

Comment

My situation is no where as concerning as you guys but I ordered two storm doors for my house July 3, 2020. I have been checking when they are coming every month or so and the lumber yard keeps saying they are told by their supplier it should be in about a month. That has been happening since about Sept. 2020 when I first checked on order. Good thing it is not an urgent matter. More & more things are not looking good for replacement parts and we are going into another crop season.

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
                    Just a heads up on repair work . COVID is kicking the shit out of the parts supply stream. My fairly new dodge needed transmission work. Called Mainline in Rosetown and they said they do lots of auto transmissions every week. They now tell me if your going to use that 3500 for pulling anything but a bicycle trailer you need the heavy duty Aison automatic. Anyways, they said bring it in, 2 to 3 days turnaround. They tore it apart and then said it was a simple fix, 2 clutch pacs, unfortunately the pacs are a month away. Further into our now not so civil conversation they said they had 3 more trucks with the same problem waiting in front of me. If you happen to need your vehicle, you need a timeline guarantee. Just sayin.
                    Which 3500 transmission is it? Just replacing the same parts... without properly modifying the transmission; is very unlikely to solve the problem.... so fixing it right now could save mega $xx,000. Did you try Kaltire @ 415 Hwy 7 W, Rosetown, SK S0L 2V0
                    +13068823200? The last place I would go to fix this is a dealership. I have heard these excuses before...
                    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Feb 18, 2021, 05:10.

Comment

Tom, not sure on which trans. it has, will find out today. What modifications will you be doing? My boys recommended Twin City in North Battleford. They would rebuild with modifications. My reasoning was take the cheap fix and say goodby to the truck.

Comment

I often wonder what the truck manufacturers are thinking... like really you buy a Dodge 3500 with a cummins engine to go for ice cream.. like really??.. then I think back to the days of our old chevy 3/4 ton 350 gas that thing just worked its guts out.. slip tank full of fuel pulling a Kello breaking disk up and down the grid roads over heating.. and just kept on running like a champ and it was only half the truck these new ones are or atleast what the dealers tell us. The same goes for my current truck, its a Ford eco boost the dealership says up she'll pull 13,ooolbs.. yup all the way down the highway for the first 50km then back to the shop hooked to a tow truck. Reminds me of the modified tractor pulls.. boss blue good for the first 150' and after that fingers crossed haha.

Comment

It’ll have the 68RFE. Good for 100,000 kms of tough pulling, and don’t expect it to handle any power mods. Stuff starts slipping easy after that.

If ur pulling hard, lock out of 5&6. It can’t handle lugging in overdrives. Edit, can for awhile....

Which clutch packs went?

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
                            Tom, not sure on which trans. it has, will find out today. What modifications will you be doing? My boys recommended Twin City in North Battleford. They would rebuild with modifications. My reasoning was take the cheap fix and say goodby to the truck.
                            Now you have plenty of time... no harm in finding out al options. These guys had to know what was wrong Before they took your truck apart... this smells real off... which means they can't be trusted.

The newer 3500 Dodge has big depreciation... if they pile up that easy then it is obvious they will want to steal it after you wait for a month. Is the newer 3500 Dodge truck really that bad... that you must dump it and take a huge Depreciation loss... doesn't buying another one mean twice the loss... perhaps...?

Our Kaltire small truck Service manager Mike here at Sedgewick worked at Dodge for years... would give good advice if you are interested. They have been really good to me on all our trucks... big and small...
                            Last edited by TOM4CWB; Feb 18, 2021, 08:53.

Comment

5th and 6th gear went. I always put it in tow mode, but would only lock out sixth gear. Sounds like your Kal tire guy and my twin river guy are on same page,Tom, I was just looking for quick and cheap. I know, ya get what you pay for.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...