• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did They Lose Control Today?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did They Lose Control Today?

10 yr bond yields have doubled in a few months, while GDP still in the gutter, still 10M people in US unemployed since before the pandemic, soft commodities surging, energy surging, equities surging, USD up, food up?

Looks to me like they sparked a stagflation surge without an economy behind it.

And new stimulus coming from EU $3T, US $1.9T (+green spending program). Most countries still locked down. UK vaccinated 90% of its population, still wont open up.

Where does this go? Negative rates or new QE program to force down the yield curve.

Love the grain prices but what on earth are we in here?

You can see a parabolic curve setting up in all the bonds, pattern seems to be making its rounds. 8 years, western society is done like Rome or the British Empire. Europe and Japan are first to the gallows, we are right behind them or in between. Everyone with a pension is sitting on 40-60% of their holdings in bonds. "Government will provide ... vaxs, err electricity, err food on the shelves....err a ubi that i can buy essentials that don't exist"

There's lineups at gas stations a half mile long where supply isn't gone. 7 days ..... and the cities are out of food.

Comment

Here it is in corn

10 year T notes

Patterns migrate

Comment

The bond market is the biggest of them all, when capital flees, can expect some real snap on anything that has trend, longer term, especially if it fits the narrative, commods by default. Enough to get us through and beyond all time highs.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          And new stimulus coming from EU $3T, US $1.9T (+green spending program). Most countries still locked down. UK vaccinated 90% of its population, still wont open up.
          90% vaccinated in UK??? Where do you come up with this?

Bloomberg has an excellent vaccination tracker that shows as of today the UK has administered 16,122,272 doses. 23.3% of the population has received just the first shot. Only 0.8% of the population has received both shots and are fully vaccinated. https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/ https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/
          Our world in data website says 22.54% of UK have received at least the first shot as of Feb 14th, which is confirmation of Bloomberg https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
          Even the BBC is reporting similar numbers. As of Feb 15 there were 23.5 doses administered per 100 people.
          https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105 https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105
          That is a long way from the 90% you claim.
          Last edited by dmlfarmer; Feb 16, 2021, 23:14.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
            The bond market is the biggest of them all, when capital flees, can expect some real snap on anything that has trend, longer term, especially if it fits the narrative, commods by default. Enough to get us through and beyond all time highs.
            I think more people better pay attention
            Strange times lay ahead

Comment

If I understand correctly the US government is deferring foreclosures and or bankruptcies until July? So that means banks or lending agencies aren’t allowed to shut a business down until then no matter what? Or am I just dreaming shit up. Are we doing that in Canada or just still handing out free money?

Comment

I'm starting to think something bigger than most are thinking is set in motion all over the world. Sorry, not a conspiracy person but shit is weird all over. It seems crazy is the new normal.

Anyone with half a brain just out of Brain surgery would realize real quick Trudeau isn't a leader. Biden isn't a leader. WTF is going on.

Time to circle the wagons summer 2021 could get real ****ed up.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                  A war is going on and no one sees it.
                  Ok, give us the rest of the story. I'm not sure which war your referring to.

Hope this isn't to harsh of a question.

Comment

Lots of train traffic past my place even with this -35 crap ,oil and grain. I thought that wasn't possible or where the higherups told to keep supply lines running at any cost ????? Sorry my tin foil hat keeps sliding of my bald head !

Comment

Forage for you.

Please explain what the latest duck hunter gun ban will achieve?

Just a simple question I expect a simple answer.

Comment

Forage thinks China is our buddy>

Just like Trudeau must have something on him.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          10 yr bond yields have doubled in a few months, while GDP still in the gutter, still 10M people in US unemployed since before the pandemic, soft commodities surging, energy surging, equities surging, USD up, food up?

Looks to me like they sparked a stagflation surge without an economy behind it.

Where does this go? Negative rates or new QE program to force down the yield curve.

Love the grain prices but what on earth are we in here?
                          Exactly. Look at the yield curve. This will tell you what you need to know, and it's the last thing the mainstream financial media will report on.

A doubling of interest costs is the last thing that an economy as heavily indebted as ours needs. And I include pretty much every economy in the world.

This is exactly what sparks a collapse in equities, not the ridiculous notion of "animal spirits".

To avoid it, the central banks need to get yields below zero, but they are trapped by the narrative that the the economy is "recovering" or, as some analysts are claiming, set for a boom. So central banks are likely to be unwilling to be proactive. They will wait until enough borrowers need to refinance at the higher rates and an avalanche is triggered.

Comment

During previous market gyrations, there were those who would claim that traders/investors are driving fed policy by their actions in the market. Punishing or rewarding the feds action or lack of action by selling the market(s) or selling them off. The fed is forced to respond to avoid a complete crash or melt up. Any validity to that, or is it just herd mentality at work. If so, is that what we are seeing right now?

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                              Do a little digging into the Chinese agenda.

By the way it’s “too” since you’re so smart
                              Touchy, touchy!!

As for wars I was thinking about, the political unrest in the USA, the unrest in Myanmar, the Cyberwar Russia, Iran, and China are waging on the Western world., Currency war with Bitcoin, etc etc. Chinese Commies coming for us economicly was also one I had thought you may be referring to. So you do see why I asked?

SK3

Never been a fan of the Commie's of world so I have no idea where that's coming from. As for the picture of the kid using the shovel, at least I know how to use one Golden Spoon Boy!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...