• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canola

Why has the price gone up?
    Because the stack of TPA,s didn't satisfy the demand.
    Contracts give them security and suppress the price.
    How are you fellas that pay for marketing advice handling this? Id be pi**ed.

To the moon, because the recent price increase hasn't slowed demand.

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
      Why has the price gone up?
      Because the stack of TPA,s didn't satisfy the demand.
      Contracts give them security and suppress the price.
      How are you fellas that pay for marketing advice handling this? Id be pi**ed.
      Canola crushers must still be making money on one hand. On the other it would appear that canola supplies will run out before the end of the marketing year. Myself $5.88 difference between what I sold my lowest priced canola at and my highest, a crazy year for sure.

Comment

Are the crushers or exporters calling contracts in early yet?

This is a sure sign of shortages for near term and price runup possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          Canola crushers must still be making money on one hand. On the other it would appear that canola supplies will run out before the end of the marketing year. Myself $5.88 difference between what I sold my lowest priced canola at and my highest, a crazy year for sure.
          Did you use market consultant? If not will you from now on? $5.88 is a pile of $'s to miss out on.

Comment

Viterra 1 month behind,RP 1 month ahead on deliveries.

Comment

More likely to see this when April is here.

Realize that new business may be hard to come by once things get too thin. The risk is too high.
              The fireworks will be viewed on the exchange. Crush plant shutdowns used to be a regular event

Commercial stocks of canola are going up for now

Comment

This price rise is the result of 2 things, money sloshing around the globe looking for a home and now real shortages being laid bare in the trade with a potential weather risk being added to the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                  Did you use market consultant? If not will you from now on? $5.88 is a pile of $'s to miss out on.
                  So did yours tell you not to sell a bushel yet?

Comment

Sold some at 17.25 today. ADM lloydminster. They seem to want it worse than anyone else!! Holding the rest for $20. Or sell for $12 on the way down

Comment

Canola poised to break thru multi year highs, time to put some market targets in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	094276ED-DBE5-4B6C-94B1-0822B194DAC5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	770787
                      Last edited by Sodbuster; Feb 16, 2021, 22:14.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                        In hindsight each sell decision seemed justified. The first canola I sold at $10.96, seemed reasonable at the time was shipped in November. This was higher than any canola sold in the previous year. The last I sold at $16.84, did I jump too soon, certainly in hindsight but each time I sold on the way up I was happy at the time but it didn't take long to be proven wrong. The question now is should I lock any in for fall and at what price?!

Comment

Exactly. I'm running a business, not putting it all on 7 and letting it ride....

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                            Canola poised to break thru multi year highs, time to put some market targets in.

[ATTACH]7557[/ATTACH]
                            But where? Start at 16.95, and put another target at $1 increments from there up?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.