• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday C o c k t a i l report and other useless stuff. Its Friday let's have fun.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Mines not red. Like it.

Comment

Seriously have you looked at one of those condo type outfits where you get a share with so many flytes per year?

If you can fly full it might not be out of range.

You won't run out of money SF3
      Go for it!

Comment

You could crop check all of western Canada after supper with that puppy. Of course theirs that one guy who will want you to bring the plane down so he can pour beer in you neighbors rainguage.

Comment

The payments are 5433.00 a month, Or $32598. SA or $65196 a year similar to payment on a deere tractor or sprayer or what ever a farmer is purchasing today.

Even have a Partner in the USA who will pay for half of it.

Just thinking outside of the box as some feel farming is so much fun. Yea it is but it takes years of hard work to enjoy the end game and not everyone slides into home base and makes it safe. One ****ing tough business to win at.

Comment

I might have told this before cause I'm old but one fall after a windfall crop a freind of mine bought a brand new Cessna twin that he could write off due to one part of his farm that required a lot of travel at the time.
            The appeal at the time was it was a 2 year depreciate term.
            You will want to have a clear understanding of your maintenance and operating costs.
            Some of the guys that work for successful small oilfield companies have probably seen them come and go.

Comment

In 2009 after the crash private jets were availlable at very distressed pricing as there were a lot more sellers than buyers.
              Not sure how that will play out this time.
              May have a ways to go yet.
              Commercial airliners have to be surplus as Airlines are cashing them out and leasing back what they need.
              Cash is king.

Comment

Yes, Air Canada did that a few months or weeks ago. West jet leased theirs out to Cargo. It's just interesting that you can get a very nice plane for the same price as a new sprayer. yes, most don't take a sprayer that long of a time to pay but it's a comparison. Hopefully, we will all be able to get back in the air soon as this shut down and border bullshit is getting old.

I miss Florida. Real Bad.

Comment

I miss Florida. Real Bad.
                  Biden is in the process of isolating Florida because they didnt vote for him.

Same approach we have here in Canada, reward and punish. Billions thrown into liberal cities for bike paths and buses and entire productive sectors of our economy ignored or ruined.

What a joke our political system has become. Its like a high school council.

Comment

I have to agree. We’re out sleding at the farm.

Comment

There's a lot of hungry pilots needing work, plus fill it up with farm winter diesel, it's a win win.
                      But if you could get the federal contract to fly the PM on his multiple holiday trips you could have it paid for in a year.
                      Then you and JT could kick back with a scotch and have a casual philosophical conversation whether common sense is necessary in governance in today's world.

Comment

My point is farm equipment that you use for 6 months then sits is as expensive as this plane.

Comment

My point is farm equipment that you use for 6 months then sits is as expensive as this plane.
                          The maintenance costs and in flight costs are crazy on private jets.

The jet cards are a better deal. $125k per yr gives you 50hrs flying time.

Comment

It's interesting times.

Wouldnt it be nice if prices went up just once and guys actually got about three years of high prices before the parasites swoop in to sc**** the meat of the bones.

Comment

Even all my city friends and relatives ask about canola prices...the word is out, Deere and Case might have heard too.

Comment

Oh, I almost forgot the big news Federated Coop now has reached a partnership agreement with Blair's Fertilizer and will basically run the Stores. Code for it's a done deal.

Had some interesting Zoom Zoom meetings this week.
                                Didnt get to be on a zoom, any big changes coming to how they operate? We buy our fert from Blairs pretty much exclusively.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...