• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Todays Energy Use

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    And Alberta is looking at hydrogen too. If Alberta is interested it must be worth considering don't you think? LOL

Toyota is planning on all hydrogen vehicles. They already have one you can buy. Several heavy equipment builders are looking at hydrogen as a source of fuel.
    At least you are consistent you didn't address anything I said but very typical of the average voter who doesn't question what they are told.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Does he sweep the snow off? Mine are working great in this dry sunny weather. Short days are getting longer!
      well , i am still mildly interested and think they have uses
      could you post pics of your back feed to Sask power , say a week apart in this weather?
      did you have any luck getting your massive power bill down ? that is a humdinger , what you used in a year !!!!
      we have got our power bill so low through various energy saving applications , i don't think we could make sense of it ?
      if i PM'd you his cell could you talk to him , maybe he has a problem you could help him with?
      he does clean them regularly

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        a neighbour got woke and put in some chinese solar panels
        he is getting SFA out of them , said they won't pay for themselves in 30 years
        Did he say what the purchase cost was and what the capacity of them is?

I don’t understand the return on investment of these panels yet.

Comment

I did a little more math on the solar requirements to generate enough hydrogen to replace passenger vehicle gasoline in Alberta. In Alberta to produce the 21279.5 kwh per year to produce the hydrogen you would need a 16700 watt solar array. Installed per watt ground mount system is roughly $2.80 per watt or $46760 per person. Total installed solar requirements would be 73950 megawatts. At 4.5 acres per megawatt this translates to 332775 acres of panels or 2080 quarter sections. Remember this is just to produce the hydrogen. Now in my area if the land was bought to mount the solar panels at $750000 a quarter that is $1.56 billion just for the land, obviously different land that is less expensive would have to be used. Anyway the numbers are certainly daunting. Do you think Justin Trudeau and his merry band ever think past their virtue signalling platitudes?!

Comment

No, they arent very smart when it comes to math.

Trudeau the budget will balance itself.

These are idiots and they never get math like most liberals.

Oh, they know Spelling and most have liberal arts degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
              I did a little more math on the solar requirements to generate enough hydrogen to replace passenger vehicle gasoline in Alberta. In Alberta to produce the 21279.5 kwh per year to produce the hydrogen you would need a 16700 watt solar array. Installed per watt ground mount system is roughly $2.80 per watt or $46760 per person. Total installed solar requirements would be 73950 megawatts. At 4.5 acres per megawatt this translates to 332775 acres of panels or 2080 quarter sections. Remember this is just to produce the hydrogen. Now in my area if the land was bought to mount the solar panels at $750000 a quarter that is $1.56 billion just for the land, obviously different land that is less expensive would have to be used. Anyway the numbers are certainly daunting. Do you think Justin Trudeau and his merry band ever think past their virtue signalling platitudes?!
              Hydrogen electric vehicles require 3x the energy as battery electric vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                No, they arent very smart when it comes to math.

Trudeau the budget will balance itself.

These are idiots and they never get math like most liberals.

Oh, they know Spelling and most have liberal arts degrees.
                hamloc demonstraites that theyy aren't very biig on physics ether.

You giive them significantally more creedit than deserfed - they releye on Spellcheck.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
                  Hydrogen electric vehicles require 3x the energy as battery electric vehicles.
                  Yet these are being touted as a solution, to something, that part isn't quite clear.

As a proponent of EV's, where do you see hydrogen vehicles fitting in? Which is likely to improve to the point of being practical for long haul trucking, battery density/cost, or hydrogen efficiency?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    Yet these are being touted as a solution, to something, that part isn't quite clear.

As a proponent of EV's, where do you see hydrogen vehicles fitting in? Which is likely to improve to the point of being practical for long haul trucking, battery density/cost, or hydrogen efficiency?
                    Hydrogen will be like NG, nice energy dense gaseous product perfect for those types of application like home heating. A blend of 5-10% hydrogen can be added to natural gas in pipelines and handled in a standard furnace. Probably can be stored in a bullet in remote locations.

But to carry a tank of pressurized hydrogen on a moving vehicle, thats a whole other problem. Natural gas vehicles didnt take off either for that very reason. Would you get on a plane with the wings filled with pressurized hydrogen?
                    Last edited by jazz; Feb 14, 2021, 10:52.

Comment

I would like any of the renewable energy proponents on agriville to explain how they see farming progressing under an electric or solar situation. i cannot see diesel engines being replaced anytime soon by electric tractors pulling 60-80 ft air seeders, or todays combines. what will agriculture look like. are we talking small scale organic, or will there be still large scale farming. no political party has ever shared their vision in a low carbon environment, other than maybe the greens with their organic vision.

Comment

There is no plan at all
                        It’s just catering to idiots that don’t have any math or physics skills
                        It’s just to buy votes while they scoot around on their private jets and guys like chuck and Dml just lap it all up
                        Anyone knows anyone can build an electric tractor that will pull an 80 ft drill , but everyone knows we can’t charge them with this grid and everyone knows it won’t pull it for more than an hour or two

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          There is no plan at all
                          It’s just catering to idiots that don’t have any math or physics skills
                          It’s just to buy votes while they scoot around on their private jets and guys like chuck and Dml just lap it all up
                          Anyone knows anyone can build an electric tractor that will pull an 80 ft drill , but everyone knows we can’t charge them with this grid and everyone knows it won’t pull it for more than an hour or two
                          NH3 Anhydrous Ammonia is a reasonable fuel source that is energy dense and easy enough to store and run internal combustion engines.

Large Ocean ships are headed towards using NH3 fuel. Farm equipment is much better fuelled by nh3 than batteries or hydrogen. Australia will be first to produce green nh3, I see that Saudi Arabia is spending billions to start green renewable nh3 production.

Not easy to switch... to nh3...but not impossible either.

Cheers

Comment

A little fossil fuel getting sucked up in Amarillo, Monterey, Mexico, Salt Lake, Colorado Springs. All minus temps today.

Comment

I don't see hydrogen fitting in anywhere. If you're going to use natural gas to make hydrogen it's a complete blunder. Make the vehicles run directly off natural gas. This chart will tell you everything you need to know regarding hydrogen efficiency.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0_14bcacac-063d-446e-9925-1116284b905d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	770780

More expensive. Slower. More maintenance. Limited hydrogen infrastructure (You think Starbucks wants a hydrogen station in its parking lot?). The one point everyone loves to say is that hydrogen is quick to refuel. Yes in theory, but if you have to drive 15minutes to a hydrogen station and fill up, why not just put a plug in your garage and charge in your sleep?

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
                                I don't see hydrogen fitting in anywhere. If you're going to use natural gas to make hydrogen it's a complete blunder. Make the vehicles run directly off natural gas. This chart will tell you everything you need to know regarding hydrogen efficiency.

[ATTACH]7550[/ATTACH]

More expensive. Slower. More maintenance. Limited hydrogen infrastructure (You think Starbucks wants a hydrogen station in its parking lot?). The one point everyone loves to say is that hydrogen is quick to refuel. Yes in theory, but if you have to drive 15minutes to a hydrogen station and fill up, why not just put a plug in your garage and charge in your sleep?
                                Limited hydrogen infrastructure, yup, also limited electric car recharging stations. This is the part I like best, plug it in overnight. All the electric car advocates talk about recharging electric cars with solar, the sun doesn’t shine at night. Green hydrogen can effectively store sunlight by making hydrogen during the day to be used anytime. To replace gasoline with hydrogen required an electricity production increase of almost 10 times what we produce now per capita, to replace gasoline powered passenger cars with electric cars would still require over 7000 kwh per capita increase over what we consume now which is 2394 kwh per capita in Alberta.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.