• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power off most of Northeast Sask at -50 windchill , carbon tax ?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power off most of Northeast Sask at -50 windchill , carbon tax ?????

spent most of the morning on a trial run for keeping 3 houses and 2 shops from freezing , so when the big one comes , and it will, we will be ready
    a long time Sk. power employee here told me its just a matter of time that we get a long outage , like a week to a month
    infrastructure is really in bad shape
    anyways things were missed , summer diesel in one gen set, some cords to make
    time is precious at these temps , half the neighbours have nothing in place with old houses , poorly insulated
    also am gonna order a gas fireplace that runs without power
    one day this imbecile will have to explain to a human rights commission how half a province froze to death while he was charging carbon tax till they froze to death
    this is absolutely insane for where we live . heat is not a luxury, neither is power or gas
    you f u c ki n g wing nuts that support this lunacy should have your gas and power shut off and given a windmill and a chinese solar panel and be told to f u c k right off and make your own little utopian country with no oil , gas , NG, diesel, beef , etc.
    and the rest of us can carry on trying to stay alive in this harsh country

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    spent most of the morning on a trial run for keeping 3 houses and 2 shops from freezing , so when the big one comes , and it will, we will be ready
    a long time Sk. power employee here told me its just a matter of time that we get a long outage , like a week to a month
    time is precious at these temps , half the neighbours have nothing in place with old houses , poorly insulated
    one day this imbecile will have to explain to a human rights commission how half a province froze to death while he was charging carbon tax till they froze to death
    this is absolutely insane for where we live . heat is not a luxury, neither is power or gas
    you f u c ki n g wing nuts that support this lunacy should have your gas and power shut off and given a windmill and a chinese solar panel and be told to f u c k right off and make your own little utopian country with no oil , gas , NG, diesel, beef , etc.
    Electricity is a provincial responsibility. You are blaming the wrong imbecile unless your premier is charging a carbon tax too. (Section 92A of Canada’s Constitution assigns responsibility for electricity and other natural resources to the provinces.)

Comment

go out and beat the carbon tax/anti oil and gas , anti getting SFA done , drum
      was the carbon tax part of post lost on you ?

Comment

go out and beat the carbon tax/anti oil and gas , anti getting SFA done , drum
        was the carbon tax part of post lost on you ?
        and that has what to do with electricity infrastructure which falls under provincial responsibility?

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
          Electricity is a provincial responsibility. You are blaming the wrong imbecile unless your premier is charging a carbon tax too. (Section 92A of Canada’s Constitution assigns responsibility for electricity and other natural resources to the provinces.)
          Caseih talked about a Sask. Power employee, a provincial crown corporation I believe. As for the carbon tax, in Saskatchewan as in Alberta that was federally imposed. DML I thought you were against B.S?

Comment

after the last power outage of 18 hrs, we have gotten a Generac backup power generator, hope to have the install finished once this cold snap ends.. We have been lucky, our gas fireplace doesn't need any electricity to fire up..

I have been told by a Sask Power supervisor that if EVs really do come on stream like the gov't wants(2030) the power grid won't handle it... Upgrades are needed now, never mind about the doubling of electricity use with the EVs

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
              Caseih talked about a Sask. Power employee, a provincial crown corporation I believe. As for the carbon tax, in Saskatchewan as in Alberta that was federally imposed. DML I thought you were against B.S?
              Hamloc, here is Case's quote:
              Since Sask Power employees do not charge a carbon tax, only collect it on behalf of the federal government, I did not realize it was the Sask Power employee who he was referring to as an imbecile and who will have to explain to the human rights....

My mistake, I misinterpreted who case was referring to. Glad you straightened out what he meant.

Comment

80% efficienct wood stove 4 me, sometimes I boil water for tea on it, love having that ability. Gas disruptions are rare but never know. It's crazy how vulnerable most homes are to a power outage in -40below. Most homes in the city have zero backup, bigger priorities I guess.
                Last edited by biglentil; Feb 11, 2021, 15:26.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                  80% efficienct wood stove 4 me, sometimes I boil water for tea on it, love having that ability. Gas disruptions are rare but never know. It's crazy how vulnerable most homes are to a power outage in -40below. Most homes in the city have zero backup, bigger priorities I guess.
                  Yeah wood fireplace here too. Watching the fireplace channel just doesn’t work as well. For chuck maybe it works?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    Wood stove 4 me, sometimes I boil water for tea on it, love having that ability. Gas disruptions are rare but never know. It's crazy how vulnerable most homes are to a power outage in -40below. Most have zero backup.
                    I think If I stilled lived on the farm, a propane bullet would be a good investment.

Comment

We have had lots of smaller outages and when they happen at -30 C they are a real pain so I can understand your frustration.

Saskatchewan and Moe do have a carbon tax on large emitters.

So is Moe to blame for the infrastructure problems? Nope. And they have nothing to do with wind and solar facilities that have to have enough backup supply because they are intermittent.

But with the massive miles of aging power lines and equipment that we have, its not a matter of if the power is going out it is when.

So you better have a backup plan for your house and shop because coal plants, gas plants, transformers switches and whole systems sometimes fail.

Comment

A big generator going to be added to the farm in the Summer of 2021. Yes, it will keep the two houses and shop going. Not going to seed clean in a power outage as who will bring the product. It's a matter of time.

DM, I thought you were a bit brighter than what you're showing today.

Trudeau and his ****ing carbon tax that does nothing in a country that is in the artic needs a ****ing bitch slap.

Comment

Without power, will gas always come into the house? Really need that answered too. Got a standby lockout switch ($750 to SkPower) plus Electrician, in December. Small 7500 watt Gen keeps furnace going, if gas keeps flowing.
                          Absolutely we are VUNERABLE! So tax us on essential to life HEAT, you SOB, Imbecile, Leftard Liberal bastards. Also SHAME and GUILT on those who support, or excuse these DEVILS and their reckless thoughtless laws/actions.
                          You sick F*CKS! Would it hurt criticize a stupid disgusting bunch just once? One track minds...
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	finger.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	770767
                          Last edited by fjlip; Feb 11, 2021, 15:53.

Comment

Sounds the shits Caseih, wouldn't want to be in yours shoes. We were just discussing how Sask should be buying more Hydro from Manitoba on a thread last week.

I think you'd better give a call to local MLA ,MP, and Moe advising them to give Pallister a call and get those lines built.

Best of luck!

Comment

It would be nice to see all the lunatic leftists hypocrites have their power and natural gas utilities turned off to gain some appreciation. The possibility of EV vehicles in the future sure threaten our maxed out electrical grids.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0B242EED-CD22-4EC6-B3AD-B0512F1BA789.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	770768

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...