• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Mallee, Its so cold here this weekend ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mallee, Its so cold here this weekend ...

They warned the internet might freeze.

It’s been acting up for a few days here.............. maybe it knew about the cold front coming in😉 Supposed to be -35 tomorrow night. Yippee ⛄️

Comment

Same here freezing summers day currently 18c but warming back up to 39 by Thursday

Comment

Looks to be warming back up here by Tuesday..

Comment

I'd sooner be outside at -25 than +42.

Comment

Id sooner be on a beach at +30 with a bad hangover.

Comment

It’s so cold the well at the barn is frozen.

Yay...

Comment

Well or hydrant?
                Either way I feel for you
                Have a buddy with a steamer?
                Last edited by blackpowder; Feb 6, 2021, 10:50.

Comment

New “efficient furnaces failing”. Our friend around the corner is a “green” guy. Solar panels, new windows, brand newest model furnace-top in efficiency. They usually winter in Mesa but not this year. Their new furnace failed and has been disassembled what he says is six times in two weeks. Now he’s hoping it stays running. Too bad his solar on the roof back-up is frozen over - can’t help him. Now, this morning our son on the farm calls us his new furnace (1 year-old) fan burnt out. Where you gonna find one Saturday morning and 34 below? Just wanna say our furnace is 35 years old, never misses a beat (though we did replace the mother board in 2005). Think we’ll keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Well or hydrant?
                    Either way I feel for you
                    Well. Pump will turn on but nothing comes up.

Put a new pump and pipe in this summer. Guess this one isn’t as cold proof as the old. Coming to steam it out and put some heat tape on it 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Comment

Awesome there's still a few outfits to call. Sometimes new installs settle and dont offer same insulation. Always a weekend or holiday right? Have fun with pails or garden hose till then :!

Comment

My wife came with a phobia about not cliping the handle fully down on the hydrant as they won't drain back fully and freeze up.

Frozen water or sewer is something we put up with for the privilege of farm living.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Awesome there's still a few outfits to call. Sometimes new installs settle and dont offer same insulation. Always a weekend or holiday right? Have fun with pails or garden hose till then :!
                          Old one was a pump hydrant head so it probably sealed the hole pretty good. Took that off so now its fairly open. I hope that’s the issue anyway!

Fix it once, wrap it up, plug the hole and be good for another ten years?!

I’m sure I’m not the only one calling the well guys 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                            Well. Pump will turn on but nothing comes up.

Put a new pump and pipe in this summer. Guess this one isn’t as cold proof as the old. Coming to steam it out and put some heat tape on it 🤞🏻🤞🏻
                            If you can get resistive heat tape you will be very happy with it. Son at farm had over and under heating problems with heat tapes from UFA on his house trailer water line. Got the resistive tape from local electrician and no more problems.

Good luck with getting the upper hand on mother nature.

Comment

Waterline runs right inside the barn foundation, 4' below the floor. Yesterday I banked snow up against the outside of the barn wall just to help insulate a bit more. The wind is what does it - drives the cold in deep.

Hydrant froze up yesterday because I hadn't shut it off properly...got it thawed with a torch and hot water.

We had a pretty steady, but not hard, winter up until early this week. The snow came before Christmas and stayed with just a couple of medium storms so far.

We got spoiled - now we are getting winter, cold and blowing snow, forecast to stay for 10 days.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.