• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coop and Blair’s Ag form joint venture

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coop and Blair’s Ag form joint venture

https://amp.realagriculture.com/2021/02/fcl-and-blairs-family-of-companies-form-joint-venture/?fbclid=IwAR0ppgtWSBGGpXNSH-54OgTnDlg2dGaFPotiDUaBukHNBOWXt5ukj_Zo2Rk

FCL is hot to expand in this sector. Probably the exit plan for most independents.

Comment

Well now I’ll get dividends.

Comment

I wouldn't count on dividends...FCL can phuck up anything with out hardly trying...Calgary co-op quit buying their groceries through them and went to save on food for the supply.

Comment

We’ve bought all our fertilizer and chemicals from the Coop for at least 5 years now, their prices are better than Nutrition and get 2-3% dividends on top of it, win win situation for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
            We’ve bought all our fertilizer and chemicals from the Coop for at least 5 years now, their prices are better than Nutrition and get 2-3% dividends on top of it, win win situation for me.
            Which Co-op? Around here I think we got like 2 percent back on fuel...while other Coops were at 6 -8 percent

Comment

Co-op is never the cheapest on anything here. Chemicals, fertilizer, bins, augers, lumber, fuel, groceries, you name it they are the most expensive. Thank christ they are not the only game in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                Co-op is never the cheapest on anything here. Chemicals, fertilizer, bins, augers, lumber, fuel, groceries, you name it they are the most expensive. Thank christ they are not the only game in town.
                That’s a big blanket statement to make, to each their own I guess. We deal with Lake Land Coop buy at least $500,000 of farm products and I don’t mind getting a cheque for $10,000+ each year, I don’t see Nutrition doing that and if the Coop wasn’t in the fertilizer business there would be no competition, and you know how that works.

Comment

Within 2 years nutrien will sell the retail locations to the coop

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                    Within 2 years nutrien will sell the retail locations to the coop
                    Zero chance that happens - absolutely zero. The other way round maybe. Retail is a huge component of Nutrien earnings. Those locations aren't for sale. They may close and consolidate but retail is a core component of their business plan. FCL is a pimple on Nutrien's global ass.

Comment

Supply chain management at its best

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.