• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaccines WTF

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
    What percetage of Canadians do you expect to see line up to get vaccinate?
    Do you think they can incentivise in some way by push or pull to get workable numbers?
    If we are still vaccinating for a virus that has been around for 30+ months and have vaccine arriving at that time for another 100 million people will it go to the dump with the masks they dumped in the early stages?
    Only a guess but around 40% of Canadians get flu shot and I think there will be more demand and people will be more eager to get COVID if only in hopes that getting it will ease lockdowns and allow travel. On other hand it is not available to children. So my guess is between 50 and 60% which will not be enough for herd immunity

No idea if there will be incentives but best one may be allowing freedom to travel in canada and internationally with no need to quarantine with proof of vaccination

And I do not expect much waste as companies will not ship vaccines to Canada if there is no demand. They will fill orders elsewhere for years.

Just my opinions!

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
      What percetage of Canadians do you expect to see line up to get vaccinate?
      Do you think they can incentivise in some way by push or pull to get workable numbers?
      If we are still vaccinating for a virus that has been around for 30+ months and have vaccine arriving at that time for another 100 million people will it go to the dump with the masks they dumped in the early stages?
      Announced spending 68M$ to tell us we must vaccinate.... even when it won't stop the spread... but should reduce hospitalizations and death rate... for now...

Untill Covid variants require new improved vaccine... like flu shots each year likely...

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
        Announced spending 68M$ to tell us we must vaccinate.... even when it won't stop the spread... but should reduce hospitalizations and death rate... for now...

Untill Covid variants require new improved vaccine... like flu shots each year likely...

Cheers!
        Every person that does not get sick because they have been vaccinated is also one less opportunity for the virus to mutate. If you do not want mutations you do everything possible to decrease infections including vaccinating as many people as you can as rapidly as you can with effective vaccines.

Comment

Hey dml, a couple things. Canada bought and made contracts for vaccines in August why?? Because we messed around for 4 months with the Chinese while most western countries had already made deals. So we were way back in the line. That’s why we have gotten a fraction of the the vaccine other countries have to date.

Next we had an opportunity to build manufacturing capacity far sooner than today. Other countries have done just that.

Lastly the Lieberal plan gave the PMO such confidence that they went out and ordered a further 50 million doses two weeks ago. Oh and these doses are manufactured in Canada and likely ready late fall.

Again showing so much confidence in the execution of their original plan that the PMO defends daily.

So could they have done things differently? Probably. I don’t mind the delay. But I certainly am tired of the BS that they sling saying one thing and doing another.

I would have thought you would be tired of it also, being that you are the self proclaimed BS detector. You have said that’s why you post. Your mission in life is to expose all that BS on Agriville.

From where I sit, defending the lieberals on this means you bought into the BS.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
            Hey dml, a couple things. Canada bought and made contracts for vaccines in August why?? Because we messed around for 4 months with the Chinese while most western countries had already made deals. So we were way back in the line. That’s why we have gotten a fraction of the the vaccine other countries have to date.

Next we had an opportunity to build manufacturing capacity far sooner than today. Other countries have done just that.

Lastly the Lieberal plan gave the PMO such confidence that they went out and ordered a further 50 million doses two weeks ago. Oh and these doses are manufactured in Canada and likely ready late fall.

Again showing so much confidence in the execution of their original plan that the PMO defends daily.

So could they have done things differently? Probably. I don’t mind the delay. But I certainly am tired of the BS that they sling saying one thing and doing another.

I would have thought you would be tired of it also, being that you are the self proclaimed BS detector. You have said that’s why you post. Your mission in life is to expose all that BS on Agriville.

From where I sit, defending the lieberals on this means you bought into the BS.
            Why did the US go out and order another 100 million doses of Moderna vaccine in December and last week Biden ordered another 200 million doses if they had preordered all they needed? No confidence there either that they had to order enough additional vaccines for half their population months after Canada had ordered more than enough?

And what countries built brand new production facilities to produce Covid vaccines as compared to those that adapted existing vaccine facilites or expanded facilites as in Belgium, fast track opporunties to increase production that we do not have in Canada given we let all vaccination manufacturing leave a decade ago.

If we are way back in line as you claim, why did Canada start to get shipments of the vaccine; as soon as health Canada approved its use here?
            Last edited by dmlfarmer; Feb 2, 2021, 22:57.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
              Why did the US go out and order another 100 million doses of Moderna vaccine in December and last week Biden ordered another 200 million doses if they had preordered all they needed? No confidence there either that they had to order enough additional vaccines for half their population months after Canada had ordered more than enough?

And what countries built brand new production facilities to produce Covid vaccines as compared to those that adapted existing vaccine facilites or expanded facilites as in Belgium, fast track opporunties to increase production that we do not have in Canada given we let all vaccination manufacturing leave a decade ago.

If we are way back in line as you claim, why did Canada start to get shipments of the vaccine; as soon as health Canada approved its use here?
              Was Biden bragging about having the best suite of vaccines? Before they bought more? Don't remember seeing that.

AstraZeneca head honcho Sir somebody or other stated the other day that other countries are producing their vaccine with their guidance and said Canada was last in the G7 and quite far behind. 65th in the world or something.

Britain, US and many EU countries had vaccinated more people than we have to date, BEFORE we received any vaccine.

Where do we rank in vaccinations? Just slightly above the third world. This isn't arm chair quarterbacking. This is comparing the Lieberal's performance to every other country in the world.

But your fearless leader can do no wrong.

Comment

More bullshit called out

Comment

"why did Canada start to get shipments of the vaccine; as soon as health Canada approved its use here?"

The TURD begged pleaded, probably sent a kickback Cheque to whoever for a SYMPATHY shipment of vaccine!

Nothing is beyond Lieberal corruption/mismanagement!

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                    Was Biden bragging about having the best suite of vaccines? Before they bought more? Don't remember seeing that.

AstraZeneca head honcho Sir somebody or other stated the other day that other countries are producing their vaccine with their guidance and said Canada was last in the G7 and quite far behind. 65th in the world or something.

Britain, US and many EU countries had vaccinated more people than we have to date, BEFORE we received any vaccine.

Where do we rank in vaccinations? Just slightly above the third world. This isn't arm chair quarterbacking. This is comparing the Lieberal's performance to every other country in the world.

But your fearless leader can do no wrong.
                    The point is the US ordered 300 million doses since December. Enough to vaccinate half the population in the US. So to claim all other first world countries secured their supplies long before Canada is BS.

Yes other countrries are producing vaccines for Astra Zeneca because they have the facilities to do so. Canada lost that manufacturing capacity over a decade ago.

Both the UK and the US approved the use of vaccines in their own countries before Health Canada approved the use here so of course they were vaccinating people before we got vaccines./

Are we falling behind, no question, but we do not have our own manufacturing facilites, we took longer to approve the use compared to US and UK and supply has been interrupted by companies expanding facilities. All factors beyond our control.

Comment

Skippy should have stayed home at Christmas to do his job, part of which is to secure vaccines.

Comment

The point is the US ordered 300 million doses since December. Enough to vaccinate half the population in the US. So to claim all other first world countries secured their supplies long before Canada is BS.

Yes other countrries are producing vaccines for Astra Zeneca because they have the facilities to do so. Canada lost that manufacturing capacity over a decade ago.

Both the UK and the US approved the use of vaccines in their own countries before Health Canada approved the use here so of course they were vaccinating people before we got vaccines./

Are we falling behind, no question, but we do not have our own manufacturing facilites, we took longer to approve the use compared to US and UK and supply has been interrupted by companies expanding facilities. All factors beyond our control.
                        Dml just read an article how in the U.K, starting June 2020,they built 2 vaccine manufacturing facilities in 4 months, they were being approved in September.

I am astounded that any intelligent person would continue to defend Trudeau. While the U.K was planning and building production Trudeau was hiding the fact his deal with CanSino from China had fallen through 4 days after he had announced it. But my guess is things somehow look different out there in Ontario Dml.
                        Last edited by Hamloc; Feb 3, 2021, 14:08.

Comment

Watching dml doing backflips to defend Trudeau is amazing. Seems like liberal press disagree with him as well. Taking out the front page too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EtTnAfcXAAAIOHZ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	770746

Comment

Is this thread really about vaccine supply and delivery delays, or is it simply political bashing. Why is it those most upset about slow vaccine rollouts were against vaccines a few months ago?

jazz
                            MAY 4, 2020 | 15:5312
                            ...Whats a computer geek got to do with vaccines. He is no doctor. I will wait for the antivirals thank you. R
                            jazz
                            SEP 2, 2020 | 12:2452
                            ...Will your dad take a vaccine created in just 3 months? My parents are in decent health and said hell no.
                            Taiga
                            SEP 27, 2020 | 13:4510
                            ...No sane person will be lining up for the fake covid vaccine, so don’t worry there will be lots for you. Make sure you get 4 or 5 shots, works better I hear. Reply With Quote Like
                            6 Likes
                            6V53, fjlip, sofa.king, sumdumguy, TSIPP, wiseguy
                            jazz
                            OCT 31, 2020 | 08:3357
                            Sawfly, you do know the polio vaccine took almost 20 yrs to develop. Vaccines these days take 10 yrs.
                            Sheepwheat
                            OCT 14, 2020 | 08:312
                            I won’t be taking a vaccine. Nor will anyone in my family, or anyone I know. With a whopping 8 in hospital, I’ll pass. Reply With Quote Like
                            3 Likes
                            Partners, Taiga, wisegu
                            OCT 14, 2020 | 08:594

My family nor me will be taking a vaccine that was rushed through production...
                            You can't rush creating a vaccine... Which is what they are doing now. Reply With Quote Like
                            6 Likes
                            AllisWD45, furrowtickler, Partners, Sheepwheat, Taiga, TASFarms
                            etc etc
                            Last edited by dmlfarmer; Feb 3, 2021, 15:27.

Comment

etc etc
                              ha dml, you are too funny. Like somehow what I decide do about the vaccine is reflective of our incompetent govt.

The non mNRA version should be ready just about the same time Trudeau gets his doses from the EU or his Montreal plant gets rolling. So about 2022.

Trudeau just revoked all the vaccines he bought with our healthcare money and promised to the 3rd world. The only country to do so. Virtue signal fail added to the domestic disaster. Can you smell the panic?

Doesnt matter what he does now, nothing will get canadians vaccinated before 2022. He can wear it and you can defend him until then.

Comment

The non mNRA version should be ready just about the same time Trudeau gets his doses from the EU or his Montreal plant gets rolling. So about 2022.
                                Ah Jazz, hate to break it to you but the Astra Zeneca virus is not an mRNA type, is already in use in UK and USA, and under review with approval expected in weeks in Canada. well before 2022
                                Last edited by dmlfarmer; Feb 3, 2021, 16:53.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...