• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Death of Inflation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany's retail sales collapsed by 9.6% in December as a result of the strict lockdown.

Has EU countries not got the free money like many other western countries?

Or is EU associated countries or some of them gonna be first domino to fall

Comment

STOCK MARKET : a trading area where Fear, Hype, and Trending set the price of a vast majority of over valued stocks. TESLA, BITCOIN and this months special CANOLA !!!!!!!!

Comment

EU runs on euro, common currency controled out of Brussels.

Has been a problem in some situations for some countries.

UK never adopted it as they wanted to control thier own.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
          Truly a bunch of retards have no idea but push gamestock.
          Can't duplicate that everyday as most will be broke next week.

Still entertaining but DYOD.
          Are these guys the equivalent of the shoe shine boys giving market tips back in the 30s? Or the dot com mania in 2000 or the mortgage defaults in 2008 that caused the GFC.

When there is dumb money in the market that always goes bad.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Are these guys the equivalent of the shoe shine boys giving market tips back in the 30s? Or the dot com mania in 2000 or the mortgage defaults in 2008 that caused the GFC.

When there is dumb money in the market that always goes bad.
            There certainly are some there who can explain a short squeeze very well. But they are a small minority at this time.
            Many newbies seem to be there because they are SJW and like sticking it to wall street.

Might work for a while.

If you like trading extreme volatility it's an opportunity.
            Last edited by shtferbrains; Feb 1, 2021, 08:25.

Comment

Former PM Harper on covid and the economy.

Man are Canadians stupid to throw out an intelligent, well spoken adult with a MA in economics for a hairbrained blackface idiot man child.

https://twitter.com/inklessPW/status/1355921242939740163

Full video interview further down in the thread.

Comment

[QUOTE=TOM4CWB;485390]errolanderson;

Something is missing from your 'bubble' 'lack of inflation' theory:

Housing, Real estate, farm land, farm inputs, grain prices, livestock, food prices, minimum wages, equipment cost, virtually all 'real assets' have increased significantly over the past 5 and 10 years.

IMO, the main reason all of the above has increased is because money seems to be very easy to obtain and interest rates are low. You never used to be able to finance inputs 20 years ago and now you really don't have to Although farming profits have been very strong for the best of the best, my accountant tells me some it is very common to have 13000 acre farms with 18 mill debt and worst case they have seen is farms larger than 20,000 acres have over 40 mill in mtg debt, lease all the equipment (which is just a different form of debt). These farms also have had significant losses on financial statements in 5 out of the last 7 years.

My question would be if farming has been good for the past while (and I feel it has), why such large debt? What don't they understand about the position they are in or are they driving down a road in a big snow storm. Buying new equipment every year doesn't make you any more money but it appears for some, this is a significant mental disease.

There will be a huge day of reckoning soon for some.

Comment

Absolutely, look at this cluster-*** insolvency, banks are/were just handing money out with very little regard to profitability. I guess the shine wears off every OYF eventually.

https://www.bowragroup.com/kalcofarms

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                    Absolutely, look at this cluster-*** insolvency, banks are/were just handing money out with very little regard to profitability. I guess the shine wears off every OYF eventually.

https://www.bowragroup.com/kalcofarms
                    Wow... Into BMO alone for ~16.5 Million...

I see they paid out Input Capital, and CCGA with a restructuring of this debt in 2018. Restructure initiated in 2018, and they as of late last year, owe more than they initially recieved. Nice...
                    Last edited by helmsdale; Feb 2, 2021, 12:06.

Comment

[QUOTE=Richard5;485574]
                      Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                      errolanderson;

Something is missing from your 'bubble' 'lack of inflation' theory:

Housing, Real estate, farm land, farm inputs, grain prices, livestock, food prices, minimum wages, equipment cost, virtually all 'real assets' have increased significantly over the past 5 and 10 years.

IMO, the main reason all of the above has increased is because money seems to be very easy to obtain and interest rates are low. You never used to be able to finance inputs 20 years ago and now you really don't have to Although farming profits have been very strong for the best of the best, my accountant tells me some it is very common to have 13000 acre farms with 18 mill debt and worst case they have seen is farms larger than 20,000 acres have over 40 mill in mtg debt, lease all the equipment (which is just a different form of debt). These farms also have had significant losses on financial statements in 5 out of the last 7 years.

My question would be if farming has been good for the past while (and I feel it has), why such large debt? What don't they understand about the position they are in or are they driving down a road in a big snow storm. Buying new equipment every year doesn't make you any more money but it appears for some, this is a significant mental disease.

There will be a huge day of reckoning soon for some.
                      Hmm. I thought FCC and the banks are turning down farmers with equity and encouraging them to sell to BTO's? (Sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                        Wow... Into BMO alone for ~16.5 Million...

I see they paid out Input Capital, and CCGA with a restructuring of this debt in 2018. Restructure initiated in 2018, and they as of late last year, owe more than they initially recieved. Nice...
                        they were outstanding young farmers winners though in 2013
                        really important fellas

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          they were outstanding young farmers winners though in 2013
                          really important fellas
                          The curse...

Comment

You are only a BTO when you have over $230k balance owing on a credit card.

Comment

when you look around , as a farmer or as a landlord , i might add
                              and you ask yourself , "how in the hell are they doing it" ? well heres your answer
                              sometimes top dog , or top dollar aren't everything

Comment

Commonly refered to as keeping it all up front.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.