• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure mounts on government to forgive some CERB repayments

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure mounts on government to forgive some CERB repayments

There is your election win. CERB payments to be forgiven.

And seeing as $600M was paid out to school age teenagers and a bill is on the books to lower voting age to 16, hope you like looking at skippys face for another 4 yrs.

A $1T bought off election. Chalk it up to the list of things I never thought I would see in my lifetime.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2021/01/27/pressure-mounts-on-government-to-forgive-cerb-repayments-for-self-employed-canadians-affected-by-confusion-over-gross-and-net-income.html ‘The government’s made a huge mistake’: Pressure mounts to let CERB recipients keep erroneous payments they applied for ‘in good faith’

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/more-than-636m-in-cerb-benefits-was-paid-to-300000-teens-between-ages-of-15-and-17-documents More than $636M in CERB benefits paid to 300,000 teens aged 15 to 17, documents show

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rupa-subramanya-trudeau-is-a-left-wing-populist-who-may-have-bought-himself-the-next-election Trudeau is a left-wing populist who may have bought himself the next election

Yup , we talked about the CERB being forgiven...guess what so will CEBA because there won't be any businesses left on the current path.

Both Liberals and Conservatives will be forced to make that election promise.

Comment

300,000 teeny boppers blew through billions, hope they saved some for schoool.😂

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        School for what????? You are pretty optimistic to think there will be jobs after Trudeau is done phucking things up...

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          But hey, they’ll remember this ride and vote for blackface groper.

Comment

Can those who didn't apply for said programs at the time because they erred on the side of caution and had a conscience apply to get their stimmy cheques retroactively now that they intend not to dig into qualifications? Asking for a friend...

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
              Can those who didn't apply for said programs at the time because they erred on the side of caution and had a conscience apply to get their stimmy cheques retroactively now that they intend not to dig into qualifications? Asking for a friend...
              I did the same, didn’t really need it so didn’t bother. Didn’t know it was a free for all, guess I will next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                I did the same, didn’t really need it so didn’t bother. Didn’t know it was a free for all, guess I will next time.
                Faith in government has fallen yet further... How much lower can it go?

Comment

Thanks, Jazz for the post. The only way to prevent this from happening is emails to MPs and the PM,s offices.

No use coming on here echoing names which have been given to the PM we've all heard 100's of times.

That's not to get anything done!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                    Thanks, Jazz for the post. The only way to prevent this from happening is emails to MPs and the PM,s offices.

No use coming on here echoing names which have been given to the PM we've all heard 100's of times.

That's not to get anything done!
                    My conservative MP and staff are pretty much tone deaf....they really don't understand shit...and if they do understand you are just preaching to the choir and they will say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                      You can still apply for CEBA if you want 60 grand and pay back 40

Comment

Justin looking pretty old these days and will need makeover if he wants the young pups to vote for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
                          You can still apply for CEBA if you want 60 grand and pay back 40
                          Unfortunately most small business owners arent as savvy as farmers and dont realize they will just invite an audit and taxation in the future. If CRA looks, they will find something.

I never touched any of those programs and it would be the last thing I would contemplate. if $10-20k is all thats standing between you and bankruptcy anyway, its probably too late. This sounds like a plan to grab some govt cash, default, declare bankruptcy and exit their businesses at maybe at least keep creditors out of personal assets.
                          Last edited by jazz; Jan 28, 2021, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                            Justin looking pretty old these days and will need makeover if he wants the young pups to vote for him.
                            Are you suggesting that the youngsters wouldn't vote for the Justin on the left?

Click image for larger version

Name:	bald justin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	770725
                            Last edited by burnt; Jan 28, 2021, 14:32.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              Unfortunately most small business owners arent as savvy as farmers and dont realize they will just invite an audit and taxation in the future. If CRA looks, they will find something.

I never touched any of those programs and it would be the last thing I would contemplate. if $10-20k is all thats standing between you and bankruptcy anyway, its probably too late. This sounds like a plan to grab some govt cash, default, declare bankruptcy and exit their businesses at maybe at least keep creditors out of personal assets.
                              Our farm has not applied and don't intend on applying. I still believe most won't qualify.

As to the scam of the teenagers, have they not been taught any decency by parents or is it just to scam somebody or someone at anytime they can. Hmmm, maybe they all rolled the 2000 into Tesla and will gladly pay it back.

This is really no different for the farms that lined up at the trough for the 10 or 20K.....

It just disgusts me that many feel the need to scam a program, scam the government, scam crop insurance whatever and then have the audacity to bitch at gov't policy and the fear of increased taxation

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...